Best Defensive players in 9 man?

The teams in 9 Man

Postby punisher_47 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 am

Who do you think the best 9 man defensive players ever were???
punisher_47

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Grothman is an awesome LB for Hillsboro.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby imperials » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:42 am

mccleary from napoleon is the best player in 9-man
imperials

Postby Pfenix » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:56 am

I would argue that Brock Gion is McCleary's equal, if not better.  He can't be stopped when he's on the field.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:28 am

imperials wrote:mccleary from napoleon is the best player in 9-man

Biggest and most intimidating?  Yes

Best?  Meh...
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby wrestlingbacker » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:32 am

i believe the topic says best defensive player. gion may be a good offensive player but i don't think he is the overall player that mccleary is.  mccleary does it on both sides of the ball.
wrestlingbacker

Postby yoyo08 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:38 am

so does gion.. he was all state his sophmore year at linebacker... i've seen both play. and gion is by far in my book way better all around player than mcleary.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:07 am

Best ever? Dykema from Strasburgh. Hope I didn't spell that wrong.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:52 am

yoyo08 wrote:so does gion.. he was all state his sophmore year at linebacker... i've seen both play. and gion is by far in my book way better all around player than mcleary.

Exactly.  His sophmore season he had over 140 tackles and multiple take-aways.  He got hurt last year and that made his team-mates step up and take his place.  That's why he hasn't been racking up indentical stats to that year.  Now that he's back he's been able to do his thing, and is still making tons of tackles and plays on D as well as one offense.  Defensivly he is one of the best in the state.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:54 am

i'd say that the best defensive player this year could be grothmann
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tommykramer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:55 am

Bessette from Richland.  Ask Grothman!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:59 am

i was at one game of richland's and didnt even notice besette thats how little he did..however when i saw grothman play ...he made almost every tackle for the burros
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tommykramer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:13 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i was at one game of richland's and didnt even notice besette thats how little he did..however when i saw grothman play ...he made almost every tackle for the burros

That's because FSHP ran away from him every play.  They definately knew where he was every play.  He's leading the state in sacks, third in tackles and is a two time all stater, plus most teams ARE running away from him.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:20 am

thats the thing...you cant runaway from grothmann...he's too good

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:33 pm

tommykramer wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:i was at one game of richland's and didnt even notice besette thats how little he did..however when i saw grothman play ...he made almost every tackle for the burros

That's because FSHP ran away from him every play.  They definately knew where he was every play.  He's leading the state in sacks, third in tackles and is a two time all stater, plus most teams ARE running away from him.

1st in state in sacks?  Interesting...he doesn't even lead the Hillsboro team in sacks, and only has 3 total......
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Ocho Siete wrote:
tommykramer wrote:

1st in state in sacks?  Interesting...he doesn't even lead the Hillsboro team in sacks, and only has 3 total......
Referring to Bessette from Richland.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby imperials » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:07 pm

Ocho Siete wrote:

Best?  Meh...

in the napoleon edgeley game mccleary dominated, he was a man amongst boys. and edgeley is one of the better teams in the state

imperials

Postby Ocho Siete » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:43 pm

imperials wrote:
Ocho Siete wrote:

Best?  Meh...

in the napoleon edgeley game mccleary dominated, he was a man amongst boys. and edgeley is one of the better teams in the state

That's one game...I'd still take Grothmann over McCleary.  Grothmann dominates everyone, offense and defense, since last year.

Grothmann is the better player, period.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:16 pm

Ive seen both play and i would say Mcleary is a  Better Linebacker because noone is going to move him in the Middle. Grothman is a better reader and gets to the Corner quicker then Mcleary would but Mcleary is a punishing hitter and stalwart in the middle.. Another few names to through in would be Gion from mott and Lang from Central Mclean both real good Linebackers.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:26 pm

tommykramer wrote:

Where do you find statewide stats?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:05 pm

north dakota high school activities man. website click on athletics then football click on leader page
homer

Postby Braveheart » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:22 pm

Ask grothmann? he had over 100 yards...maybe your referring to the tackels "the great john besette" made on him 10 to 15 yards down field?, replying to the tommykramer quote on the first page.
Last edited by Braveheart on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braveheart

Postby point/center » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Jesse Jangula E-K has 80 tackles....and playing half-games due to the EK policy of pulling starters with big leads.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby nicholi » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:32 pm

thats without their last game too
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby imperials » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Ocho Siete wrote:
imperials wrote:
Ocho Siete wrote:

Best?  Meh...

That's one game...I'd still take Grothmann over McCleary.  Grothmann dominates everyone, offense and defense, since last year.

Grothmann is the better player, period.

mccleary dominates every game, i just mentioned the edgeley game because they are a good team. mccleary is better, period.......
imperials

Next

Return to 9 - Man