Best Defensive players in 9 man?

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:27 am

klinger wrote:you cant dislike the whole town because u didnt like one basketball team (everybody knows who your talking about) almost all  the other teams are totally opposite from them

I would hope everyone knew who I was talking about, since I...kinda said who I was talking about.  And if you're trying to say it was only one Thompson grade/team that played dirty, I'd have to disagree.

Every Thompson team I've seen in anything are the most cocky players I've ever seen in North Dakota (even when their team is bad....then it's kinda fun to watch).  I guess I was brought up to hate.

Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby klinger » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:31 am

then why generalize the whole town instead of hating just those select few
klinger

Postby The Schwab » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:00 am

Umm.....back to the topic......I would take grothman as the best defensive player that i have seen this year....i will describe him as how i saw him play.

Built like a brick wall, Decleat's people when he hits them, strikes fear in the offense.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikes705 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:33 am

The Schwab wrote:Umm.....back to the topic......I would take grothman as the best defensive player that i have seen this year....i will describe him as how i saw him play.

Built like a brick wall, Decleat's people when he hits them, strikes fear in the offense.

i agree completely, there's nobody that grothman can't stop.  the burros are lucky that they still have him for another year!
vikes705

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:09 pm

klinger wrote:then why generalize the whole town instead of hating just those select few

I don't discriminate...so I'll dislike them all equally
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby fb fan 4 life » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:39 pm

What about the wisthoff kid from glenburn? Didn't he dominate the DC game with 25 tackles?
fb fan 4 life

Postby booyah » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:26 pm

when i saw grothman play he made tackles when they ran plays right at him, but otherwise he just let himself get blocked and never pursued the ball carrier. so i dont consider him the best in the state....but from what everybody else is saying i for sure saw him on an off night.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:31 pm

booyah wrote:when i saw grothman play he made tackles when they ran plays right at him, but otherwise he just let himself get blocked and never pursued the ball carrier. so i dont consider him the best in the state....but from what everybody else is saying i for sure saw him on an off night.

After seeing Besette last night I don't know how you can be much better at linebacker.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby booyah » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:37 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
booyah wrote:when i saw grothman play he made tackles when they ran plays right at him, but otherwise he just let himself get blocked and never pursued the ball carrier. so i dont consider him the best in the state....but from what everybody else is saying i for sure saw him on an off night.

After seeing Besette last night I don't know how you can be much better at linebacker.

are you saying you dont know how you can be much better than Besette?
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:40 pm

booyah wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

Yes, I am saying hes the best linebacker I have seen all year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby booyah » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:44 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
booyah wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

Yes, I am saying hes the best linebacker I have seen all year.

alright i was just making sure. and i completely agree. he is in on almost every tackle for richland and they are no slouches.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:41 am

After seeing Besette play against DP the other night - he is unbelieveable.

Best LB play I have seen all year.

Tanner Carpenter from North Border is a great linebacker as well -

but Bessette is the best I have seen.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby bigtuna21 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:17 pm

Are you serious?  Grothman is in on most tackles sideline to sideline and absolutely punished a couple more kids today against Lakota. 

Bessette, though, is incredible.  Totally different LBs --- almost impossible to compare the two.
bigtuna21

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:44 pm

i played both Grothman and Besette last year and again this year. They're both very very good linebackers.  In my experiences against them i thought Grothman was in on more tackles than Besette. so i would say Grothman is the better linebacker. besette is a close second.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to 9 - Man