Divide Co. vs. Williams Co. on Oct. 12th

The teams in 9 Man

Postby nordstde » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:06 am

I don't want to look ahead because Williams Co. still has a game vs. Glenburn tommorow (and a tough one at that). But what does everyone think about this game?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:11 am

I think this will be a great game. They have been waiting to play eachother again for years. The game is in Crosby (Divide Co.), and if anybody can make it, I would highly suggest it. This should be an old fashioned barnburner, with alot of big hits and high emotion and intensity. I think Divide Co. has the edge based on a few different factors. They are bigger and better up front in my opinion. I think Divide will come out hard. They are defending their home turf, so they better. I think Williams Co. has better speed, especially with Lalim and Weyrauch (sorry if I spelled those names wrong). This game will come down to big plays and turnovers.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS GAME!
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gtowngamers » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:45 pm

I agree, this game will probably come down to who has the ball last. I dont think this game is gonna be low scoring either. Williams County will have a tough time stopping Divide's power running game but i think Divide will have trouble stopping W/C's four wide receiver sets. I think the X factor for Divide will be Radenic, if he can get in the open field he can make plays. And for WC Levi Solemn, he plays the wing opposite Weyrauch and watching him i play i feel is more of a natural athlete not as speedy but knows how to get it done.

My prediction

Divide 35 WC 33

Its tough to win at Divide (whats the field again Adrist?)
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:10 pm

It's Cal Andrist Field. But nobody from there really calls it that. It's a pretty nice field.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Biff » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:22 am

Predicition: W/C 20 Divide 6!  It's all about talent not about hype!
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Biff » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:24 am

OVERATED!
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:27 am

[user=2101]Biff[/user] wrote:
OVERATED!

I am not a Divide fan at all - but you are kidding right?
My predicition is what I've been saying all along after seeing both teams play 3 times this year. Divide County - 40 Williams County 22
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:02 am

Biff wrote:OVERATED!

Not that divide wouldn't be fired up enough, but that might help them out a little bit more.  I know if i was still playing there, that would fire me up more.
Last edited by sapp_jr_99 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:26 am

Just let them talk, that's all they can ever do anyway.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:27 am

Biff wrote:OVERATED!

At 7-0??  I don't want to be a mean person or anything...but had to be one of the dumbest things I've heard in awhile.  I think Divide has earned every bit of respect they've gotten.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:59 am

Any opinions on this matchup change after Friday night's action? I see Williams beat the tar out of Glenburn while Divide barely scraped by Glenburn a week ago. I know injuries played a role in that, but I wonder if anyone has changed their predictions?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby nordstde » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:25 am

Score counting gets you nowhere.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gtowngamers » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:05 pm

After seeing only the two games in which these teams played Glenburn, I have a lot mroe respect for WC now. They flew to the ball and were very solid across the board. I'm changing my prediction 30-28 WC.
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby blue steel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:40 am

nordstde wrote:Just let them talk, that's all they can ever do anyway.

I think they did a little more than talk against Glenburn. You do quite a bit of talking though. I'll take Glenburn.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:58 am

Yeah, I do quite a bit of talking. So what, DC is obviously my favorite team, so I'm going to talk about them. I don't talk "crap". I just talk football. Have you seen either team play? Or are you just looking at the box score like everybody else. I'm not saying DC will win, I am just really excited about this game. It's a pretty big deal in our area considering how big of a rivalry it has always been. DC and WC haven't played eachother in varsity football since '02. They have been waiting a long time for this game. Anyway, if anybody can make it to this game, I would definetly tell you to come.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gtowngamers » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Calm down... you guys all act like someone is threatening your life when they disagree with you. If your gonna have a rebuttle at least come up with something funny to say. This game is big because of this year and both team being undefeated, not because they've been waiting for years to play. I bet the last time either Tioga or Ray beat DC was maybe 94 or 93 maybe even before that.
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:02 pm

First off, I'm not mad. Why does everybody on here assume what other people's emotions are? You can't really show that by typing anyway, but whatever. Why would I "rebuttle" with something funny, there is nothing funny about the topic. Another thing, what do you know about this rivalry? I'm going to "assume" nothing, because if you did you would know that, YES, these teams have been waiting a long time for this game. I don't know when the last time either team beat DC, but that doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to going home and watching a great game.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:52 am

If Ellison isn't playing - Divide is going to have a tough time offensively. I think defensively they should be alright - but if you can't score - you can't win. On the other hand - there backup has had essentially 2-3 weeks to prepare - and Coach Nelson and Coach Brown do an exceptional job of preparation.
If Ellison doesn't play - I think Divide wins 20-16.
If Ellison does play - Divide 40 - 22.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby nordstde » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:33 am

I don't think Ellison will be playing. He is still pretty shaken up.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gtowngamers » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:52 pm

If Divide is going have success with out ellison their line is going to have to come up big and block til the whistle blows. WC does a really good job of pursuing and they get a lot of people to the ball. Thier cover 3 is unique in the region and it might cause problems for an inexperienced quarterback to throw against, if they try to throw with him.
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bando » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:20 pm

The big game is finally here.  I know everyone is aware of the fact that I am a Firestorm booster, but I don't think this one will be close.  Williams County is a battle tested team from the 11 man ranks.  I actually wish they were still in class A this year because they might be the only team that could challange Harvey.  Divide County will not handle the speed and physical nature of the Firestorm.  WC 32 DC 6.
Bando
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RonMexico » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:01 pm

Last year 1st round of the playoffs.......Harvey 40 Williams County 0  

Harvey has everyone back yet you think you would be the only team that could play with them in Class A.  Take off the tinted glasses and get a clue.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johndeere » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:40 pm

Bando wrote:The big game is finally here.  I know everyone is aware of the fact that I am a Firestorm booster, but I don't think this one will be close.  Williams County is a battle tested team from the 11 man ranks.  I actually wish they were still in class A this year because they might be the only team that could challange Harvey.  Divide County will not handle the speed and physical nature of the Firestorm.  WC 32 DC 6.

Bando, if you are coming to the game i think you will be suprised when divide comes out and there linemen blow over wc linemen like they are nothing.  DC 40 WC 16

I think willams county is going to get a wake up call and figure out that they arent to good for 9 man.
johndeere

Postby Gtowngamers » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:58 pm

Bando wrote:The big game is finally here.  I know everyone is aware of the fact that I am a Firestorm booster, but I don't think this one will be close.  Williams County is a battle tested team from the 11 man ranks.  I actually wish they were still in class A this year because they might be the only team that could challange Harvey.  Divide County will not handle the speed and physical nature of the Firestorm.  WC 32 DC 6.

Ok i'm not saying that i dont think WC will win but after posts like this i almost wish Divide wins. To come out and say this without any facts to back it up is poor. And the Harvey line might be going a little far, just a thought.
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:56 pm

11 man ranks, huh?  Because that always means success in 9 man, doesn't it?  Wyndmere and Hankinson are just destroying every single team they've played, since they were playoff teams last year in 11 man.....so they must both be undefeated and just amazing.

.....9 man and 11 man are two WAY different ballgames Bando, and you may not know but Divide is pretty stinkin good.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man