9-Man Playoff Predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:45 pm

Anyone wanna makes their picks for the playoffs?  Let's see your guesses.  I realize they're still 2 weeks left in the regular season, and a lot can change from here on out.  These aren't my predictions, just kinda slotted them in the bracket based on how they may end up, and based on the latest polls.  Here's one scenario ... just to get the discussion going :

Tuesday - October 16th (1st Round)

Region 3 # 1 - North Border - BYE

Region 2 # 3 - Wyndmere-Lidgerwood at Region 1 # 3 - Oakes

Region 1 # 2 - Edgeley-Kulm - BYE

Region 2 # 4 - Richland-Colfax at Region 3 # 2 - Dakota Prairie

Region 2 # 1 - Hillsboro - BYE

Region 1 # 4 - Ellendale at Region 3 # 3 - Lakota

Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-G-S - BYE

Region 3 # 4 - Thompson at Region 2 # 2 - Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page

Region 5 # 1 - Divide County - BYE

Region 4 # 3 - Towner-Granville-Upham at Region 6 # 3 - Richardton-Taylor

Region 6 # 2 - Central McLean - BYE

Region 4 # 4 - Wells County at Region 5 # 2 - Williams County

Region 4 # 1 - St. John - BYE

Region 6 # 4 - Hettinger at Region 5 # 3 - Berthold-Our Redeemer's

Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent - BYE

Region 5 # 4 - Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood at Region 4 # 2 - North Central Benson

Saturday - October 20th (2nd Round)

Region 2 # 3 - Wyndmere-Lidgerwood at Region 3 # 1 - North Border

Region 1 # 2 - Edgeley-Kulm at Region 3 # 2 - Dakota Prairie

Region 3 # 3 - Lakota at Region 2 # 1 - Hillsboro

Region 2 # 2 - Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page at Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-G-S

Region 6 # 3 - Richardton-Taylor at Region 5 # 1 - Divide County

Region 6 # 2 - Central McLean at Region 5 # 2 - Williams County

Region 5 # 3 - Berthold-Our Redeemer's at Region 4 # 1 - St. John

Region 4 # 2 - North Central Benson at Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent

Saturday - October 27th (Quarterfinals)

Region 1 # 2 - Edgeley-Kulm at Region 3 # 1 - North Border

Region 2 # 1 - Hillsboro at Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-G-S

Region 5 # 2 - Williams County at Region 5 # 1 - Divide County

Region 4 # 1 - St. John at Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent

Saturday - November 3rd (Semis)

Region 1 # 2 - Edgeley-Kulm at Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-G-S

Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent at Region 5 # 1 - Divide County

Friday - November 9th (Championship)

Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent vs. Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-GS 
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby js2125 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 am

Just something I noticed, don't you have Oakes winning their first round game (you have them in bold) and then you have Wyndmere advancing to the second round. Don't know if that would change your prediction, just wondering.
js2125

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:37 am

js2125 wrote:Just something I noticed, don't you have Oakes winning their first round game (you have them in bold) and then you have Wyndmere advancing to the second round. Don't know if that would change your prediction, just wondering.

Thanks for the correction.  I went with Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.  They beat Oakes on August 24th in a non-conference game to start the year, 38-22. 
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:43 am

Did anyone notice that Edgeley-Kulm (#5 in latest poll), after a possible 1st round bye, could possibly have to play the rest of the playoffs without a home game?  Kinda weird, but it may happen. 
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:13 am

You are a brave soul, NDFootball Guy, for putting this together and making predictions!!! Thanks for giving us something to look at!  :)

Now, I'll say this: I am from Region 2, so I am biased....

I think Hankinson will be #4 in Region 2, not Richland.

I think Wyndmere-Lidgerwood will be #2 and FSHP will be #3.

Wyndmere will win their first round game and give Napoleon all they can handle in the second round. Look for an upset.

FSHP will handle Oakes in the first round.

Hankinson will upset Dakota Prairie in the first round.

So there you go, 4 teams from Region 2 will advance past the first round.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby fb_fan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:00 am

Hinsa, Why are you predicting Hankinson past Richland?? I have watched a lot of region 2 fb, and Richland isn't that bad.

I agree with ou on whoo will be number 2 and three. I don't know if FSHP will win their first round game. I guess time will tell.

Hankinson is a good football team, but if the weather isn't good for passing, that takes the biggest dimension of Hankinson away doesn't it?? Just a couple questions to ponder. Thanks!!!
fb_fan

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:43 am

Hey, no problem fb_fan. That's why we post, to discuss opinions!  :)

Richland is a good team - witness their near win against WL. I just think Hankinson has a little more than the Colts. I believe Hankinson can run or pass - not dependent on one or the other. Just my prediction....

As for four teams from Region 2 advancing, well, that's just a statement of the quality of football being played in Region 2.

I believe if you put Richland in any other region, they are in the playoffs.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:14 am

I don't think the #4 seed out of Region 2 (Hankinson or Richland) can beat the #2 out of Region 3 (most likely DP, but possibly Lakota or NB).  I agree that region 2 is probably the toughest region in the state this year, but I think region 3 isn't all that far behind.  They might not have 4 top quality teams, but the top 3 can probably play anyone in the state tough. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:35 am

Hinsa wrote:You are a brave soul, NDFootball Guy, for putting this together and making predictions!!! Thanks for giving us something to look at!  :)

Wyndmere will win their first round game and give Napoleon all they can handle in the second round. Look for an upset.

Not really my predictions.  I just went with higher seeds and top teams in the polls.  My predictions will come a little later.  As we've said before there's always upsets when filling out the brackets and I'll try to pick some before the playoffs start.  I just put it up to get people talking and to kinda see some possible matchups.  

As I've posted before, all these stats and poll numbers that we like to look at mean little when the game starts on the field.  That's the cool part of this website, I think, is that I can find out from other football fans across the state how each of their teams are doing, strengths and weaknesses, starters, game summaries, injury info, etc.  You're talking to a guy who went 6-8 in my NFL picks last week.  Certainly don't look to me for any game prediction wisdom.  Ha.

Good Luck to all the teams down the stretch and finish strong!
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:25 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:
Hinsa wrote:You are a brave soul, NDFootball Guy, for putting this together and making predictions!!! Thanks for giving us something to look at!  :)

Not really my predictions.  I just went with higher seeds and top teams in the polls.  My predictions will come a little later.  As we've said before there's always upsets when filling out the brackets and I'll try to pick some before the playoffs start.  I just put it up to get people talking and to kinda see some possible matchups.  

As I've posted before, all these stats and poll numbers that we like to look at mean little when the game starts on the field.  That's the cool part of this website, I think, is that I can find out from other football fans across the state how each of their teams are doing, strengths and weaknesses, starters, game summaries, injury info, etc.  You're talking to a guy who went 6-8 in my NFL picks last week.  Certainly don't look to me for any game prediction wisdom.  Ha.

Good Luck to all the teams down the stretch and finish strong!

Thanks for clarifying about the predictions. I do appreciate you putting in the time to give us food for thought! :cool:
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man