2007 Dakota Bowl Schedule - Fargo

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:22 am

Dakota Bowl Schedule - FargoDome

Friday, November 9th 

11:00 AM - 9-Man State Championship Game

1:30 PM* - Class A State Championship Game

(* = Approximate time - Will start 20 minutes after the 9-Man Championship)

Saturday, November 10th 

5:00 PM - Class AA State Championship Game

7:30 PM* - Class AAA State Championship Game

(* = Approximate time - Will start 20 minutes after the Class AA Championship)
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:26 am

Does anyone know why they are playing Friday's games in the morning and early afternoon?  Is there a conflict with the Bison playing there or something? 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:58 am

Bison are at Cal. Poly.

The only logical explanation is that fans and players can get home to hunt deer on the opener.

LOL

I have no clue what conflict there would be other than that is when the media wanted  to televise it.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mandan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:23 am

Just some possible guesses.

I do see that Notre Dame has a home game on Nov 10, so maybe the NBC stations didn't want to show high school games instead on Saturday Afternoon and get the Notre Dame fans upset at them?

I think they only have so many nights per year that NBC allows them to pre-empt network programming in the evening as well, so they may have had to keep the football at one night for network reasons.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hardball » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:27 am

Valley City St. plays a game at the Fargodome on Nov. 9. 7:00 pm
Hardball
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:28 am

Why does VC play there?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:11 am

That's right, VCSU is playing Peru state at the dome,

I belive the reason is that VCSU is playing at the Fargo dome is that  they have a hard time getting a non confrence game at home late in the season, so they had to bait Peru with the Fargo Dome.  Just like when they played Azuza Pacific a couple years back.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:27 pm

Playing a state championship game at 11:00 on a Friday morning is complete crap, in my opinion. It's a state championship, for crying out loud - give the kids some prime time exposure, or at least Saturday afternoon exposure.

How did Valley City State get first dibs over the state championships? If that's an issue, move the games to Grand Forks and play them Friday evening. It'll never happen, but gee whiz, the kids deserve better.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:35 pm

is that what time it started last year, too? for some reason i thought last year was earlier?
rep

Postby RB/LB 34 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:42 pm

I wanna say that it started at 9 AM last year, and then the 3 other games followed it.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:49 pm

RB/LB 34 wrote:I wanna say that it started at 9 AM last year, and then the 3 other games followed it.

that's right...because und was playing in the alerus on saturday, so they couldn't do a two-day thing. or something...anyway, that's right.
rep

Return to 9 - Man