North Border vs. Lakota

The teams in 9 Man

Postby EagleFan#5 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:58 am

What are everyones thoughts on this huge Region 3 game in the Alerus on October 11?
EagleFan#5

Postby rep » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:02 am

region 3 is kind of hard to take away a lot from the games for me, someone who doesn't get to see any of their games.

but looking specifically at both teams' game against dakota prairie, both teams put up points, both teams gave up points and it was pretty close. being on turf wouldn't hurt either team, i don't think anyway, but it should be fairly high-scoring and it should be a good one.
rep

Postby north border » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:57 pm

it should be a good one...lots of tds...i think nb will take it and not because im from there but because i think nb defense especially the safetys smith and chale will be able to stop lakotas big runs which theyve done every game this year and lakota wont be able to stop nb passing attack with the deep ball...nb 38 lakota 28
when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:18 pm

north border wrote:it should be a good one...lots of tds...i think nb will take it and not because im from there but because i think nb defense especially the safetys smith and chale will be able to stop lakotas big runs which theyve done every game this year and lakota wont be able to stop nb passing attack with the deep ball...nb 38 lakota 28

Im going to judge this game on how they play thompson.  Thompson is a team that runs the ball a lot.  North Border only beat them 36 to 25.   Lakota beat them 38 to 6.  Not positive on the scores, but i know they were close.  Cooley had a had a lot of success running on North Border.  Johannson is a stud tailback and has a better line than thompson does.  That tells me something, Lakota is going to control the clock and keep the ball out of North Borders hands.  36 to 22 Lakota wins.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Chargerpride » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14 am

Ive also seen both teams play and I can obviously tell that Pakkyzoo is from DP and he is really bitter about the loss to NB because he doesnt give them any credit... but I think this game could go either way. both teams are very talented and they will both put up alot of points. Lakota has a strong run and NB has a strong pass. It will be a interesting game and whoever comes to play will win
Chargerpride

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:12 pm

Chargerpride wrote:Ive also seen both teams play and I can obviously tell that Pakkyzoo is from DP and he is really bitter about the loss to NB because he doesnt give them any credit... but I think this game could go either way. both teams are very talented and they will both put up alot of points. Lakota has a strong run and NB has a strong pass. It will be a interesting game and whoever comes to play will win

How does it show that im bitter?  I just am stating a point and my opinion.  North Border did give up 157 yards to Cooley.  Lakota's staple is running the football.  I personally think Lakota does it better then Thompson.  Thats why I think they will win.  I am not bitter, North Border beat Dakota Prairie fair in square.  I think who ever made this topic asked what the predictions will be, so I stated mine.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby EagleFan#5 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:45 am

This big game is looming 2 days away..... I"m still curious to hear more thoughts on the outcome
EagleFan#5

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:38 am

No doubt both teams will move the ball and put up points.

the game is out of the elements which would favor North Border,

If it's a track meet I go with North Border

If Lakota Grinds out some long drives chewing up the clock I go with Lakota.

There will be a bunch of good athletes on the field I expect a great game which has huge implications for the region championship.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:No doubt both teams will move the ball and put up points.

the game is out of the elements which would favor North Border,

If it's a track meet I go with North Border

If Lakota Grinds out some long drives chewing up the clock I go with Lakota.

There will be a bunch of good athletes on the field I expect a great game which has huge implications for the region championship.

I agree with Gridiron Guru here, but I think the X-factor this game is whether Chris Hoerth plays or not.  He was an all state linebacker last year and a big time blocker for Lakota's run game.  He suffered a concussion against Dakota Prairie. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby rains32 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:44 pm

He played a few snaps last week against Central Valley.  I think he will see some playing time.
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:02 pm

rains32 wrote:   He played a few snaps last week against Central Valley.  I think he will see some playing time.

Good, I'd hate to see one of the better players around not be able to finish out his senior year...
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:10 am

Today is the big day what radio station is doing the game?
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:12 am

kzzy i do believe
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:34 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:kzzy i do believe

Sweet, the best radio announcer (Bigley (spelling?) in the state is broadcasting it on 103.5.  Not only is it going to be a big game, but it makes it that much better listening to him.  He makes it feel like your at the game just sitting at home or in your car listening
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:46 am

Yeah, Biggs is awesome plus he is a packer fan.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:11 am

6-6 1ST QUARTER 3.29 GONE

LAKOTA HAD A 2 PLAY 80 YARD DRIVE

NB CONVERTED ON A FAKE PUNT TO SET UP THEIR FIRST TD
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:38 am

9-6 north border end of the 1st

carpenter just kicked a 41 yard field goal for the lead
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:34 am

31-18 halftime

Carpenter 11-17 253 yards passing

7 carriers 93 yards  all in the first half

no defense in this game folks
toughregion2

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:53 am

31-26 LAKOTA HAS OVER 400 YARDS RUSHING
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:02 am

LAKOTA JUST TOOK THE LEAD 34-31   3RD QUARTER
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Twinkie12 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:08 am

WOW! Wish I was there! Sounds like the 98 Vikings vs. the 07 Patriots
Twinkie12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:08 am

Johanssen is having a heck of a game 340 yards rushing in the third quarter. 

North Border needs to stop him or its going to be a long 2nd half
toughregion2

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 am

40-37 LAKOTA, WITH 8 MIN. LEFT IN THE GAME
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:37 am

Thanks for the updates, guys! Keep 'em comin'!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:39 am

johanesson just fumbled North Border is marching
toughregion2

Next

Return to 9 - Man