Is Mott/Regent for real?

The teams in 9 Man

Postby yoyo08 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:13 pm

just wanting input to see if these are actually for real or if their opponents are just that weak?
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:56 pm

If you ask me they are for real.  They are one of the few teams in the state that can boast  to having 13 seniors who can play and have as much experience as they do.  They've made the playoffs every year they've been in high school and have never had a losing season.   Admittedly most of their opponents this year aren't very good teams, but they have also beaten 2 of the three other playoff teams in the region except Hettinger who they'll play in their season finale.  They beat Central McClean (6-1) 46-22, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron (4-2) 20-14.   With the exception of the RTH game the Wildfire basically scored at will, but all of those points came in the first half, which could be a problem along the way.  They are a great team and are just head and shoulders above most of the teams in their region.   They will go far.
Last edited by Pfenix on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby N2sports » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Pfenix wrote:If you ask me they are for real.  They are one of the few teams in the state that can boast  to having 13 seniors who can play and have as much experience as they do.  They've made the playoffs every year they've been in high school and have never had a losing season.   Admittedly most of their opponents this year aren't very good teams, but they have also beaten 2 of the three other playoff teams in the region except Hettinger who they'll play in their season finale.  They beat Central McClean (6-1) 46-22, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron (4-2) 20-14.   With the exception of the RTH game the Wildfire basically scored at will, but all of those points came in the first half, which could be a problem along the way.  They are a great team and are just head and shoulders above most of the teams in their region.   They will go far.

I agree with Pfenix. MR will go far with that senior leadership.  I'll bet  that  2nd round loss to TL last year is  keeping them focused. The teams that play the other region 6 playoff teams... RTH, CM and Hettinger ...will have good competition as well.   Some very talented athletes on all these teams, as there are in all the other regions. Good luck to all.
N2sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:55 am

Mott is as good as anyone in the state they play hard and are very focused on their goal of winning the state championship.

I worked with some of their linemen at a camp this summer and I was impressed.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby BEK SPORTS » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:07 am

The Wildfire are the real deal. We covered them versus Wilton/Wing just last week and although Wilton/Wing is a weaker team they were bigger, faster, and stronger than any teams that I have seen. They have athletes up and down the field and Brock Gion is a heck of a runningback. They may be the best team in the state I would really like to see them and Napoleon tangle I think it would be one heck of a game.
BEK SPORTS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:17 pm

I agree, that would be one heck of a state Championship game.   From what I've seen of them lately M/R's main focus has been to beat the snot out of the other team. I'd love to see M/R and Napoleon play.  They've both been among the elite in the state the past three or four years.  I'd like to see how they'd compete against each other.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man