best qb?

The teams in 9 Man

Postby north border » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:45 pm

i'd have to put carpenter from nb and nichols from dp in the mix. anyone else

when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:49 am

north border wrote:i'd have to put carpenter from nb and nichols from dp in the mix. anyone else

Agreed...... Olderbaak from Lakota isn't to bad either, hes more of a running type, but when I seen him play, his arm suprised me. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:52 am

not saying that he's one of the best qb's but john thorsons been doin pretty good....hes lead an undefeated team so far...his stats arent amazing tho...i beleive 14 td's and 4 picks....i dont know if thats high compared to the rest....
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nordstde » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:01 am

Maybe you should mention who he plays for. Because I'm pretty sure alot of people, including myself, have no idea.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:25 am

nordstde wrote:Maybe you should mention who he plays for. Because I'm pretty sure alot of people, including myself, have no idea.

Finley/Sharon/Hope/Page
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:06 am

sorry my bad ...ya he's from fshp...relax buddy
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
nordstde wrote:Maybe you should mention who he plays for. Because I'm pretty sure alot of people, including myself, have no idea.

Finley/Sharon/Hope/Page

Wasn't that a little bit obvious?  C'mon, I knew who he'd be talking about before I even read his post.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:57 pm

jeez relax, he's the only quarterback i've watched every week. i never said he was amazing i simply stated his stats that i knew and asked what you guys thought. I'm not going to talk about teams on here that i havent watched, so i'm sorry for upsetting you bud.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Brady Langan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:37 pm

cobretti parsien from st.john is real good
Brady Langan

Postby web17 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:44 pm

i would say Nichols or Carpenter. Both can throw the ball very well, and both can run. but when it comes to running i think id give Nichols the edge, and throwing is about even. so id say they are close, but by far the best ive seen this year. Olderbak is good, tough runner. not much for throwing tho. (from the game i saw) Thoreson isnt really that good. i would say decent. made quite a few poor decisions, but has a big target in ostrom, so i guess that helps his stats.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Wonder how the Glenburn QB did against Divide? I see Glenburn gave Divide a tough game so I'm curious how well the Glenburn QB did. Anyone know?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby fb fan 4 life » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:07 pm

I heard he had a monster game!!!
fb fan 4 life

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:17 pm

Anyone have any stats on how Wisthoff (I hope I got that right) did against Divide? Completions, yards, scores, etc?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby north border » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:26 pm

i dont think olderbak is that great of a qb. from what ive seen he doesnt really think like a qb and he likes to tuck it away and go but u cant really blame him. i dont think he knows the qb spot enough to be one of the best but hes athletic enough to get the job done. i wouldnt take him over carpenter or nichols but id still want a athlete like him on my team.
when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:32 pm

Hinsa wrote:Wonder how the Glenburn QB did against Divide? I see Glenburn gave Divide a tough game so I'm curious how well the Glenburn QB did. Anyone know?

Wisthoff had about 3 or 4 big pass plays, but other than that, he just is plain hard to take down. If anyone weighing 250lbs starts comin at you, even if you stick 'em, his momentum takes him a few yards further. The main reason he had such a good game was that he is very hard to take down for short gains. And on defense he got through the line a few times and plugged up running lanes because of his size.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Wow, a 250 pound QB? And I've heard he's about 6'5"? Sounds like a heck of a weapon.

Is he college material? Or will he better fit a different position in college?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:03 pm

He's being looked at by NDSU and UND for tight end and maybe defensive end, I think.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:46 am

[user=4266]Hinsa[/user] wrote:
Wonder how the Glenburn QB did against Divide? I see Glenburn gave Divide a tough game so I'm curious how well the Glenburn QB did. Anyone know?

Wisthoff had over 250 yards passing and I believe 100 yards rushing plus 25 tackles on defense - Not too bad at all. He is a good player - will probably be a trackster in college for throwing though.
Reason why this game was so close - in keeping with the topic - Quinn Ellison - Divide's QB suffered a concussion in the 1st quarter - How much does he mean to that team - ranked 3rd in state and are taken to the wire by a team with 1 win without him. I would rank him up there with the tops in the state.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby fb fan 4 life » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:42 pm

Those are unreal stats against divide county! When was the last time someone put up those kind of all around #s against them. He is the real deal!!!
fb fan 4 life

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:58 pm

Eddie Cullum last year in the Semis. It was probably the last decent team they faced and he put up some pretty big numbers. Not to the extent of Wisthoff ive never seen him play but those stats are freaky.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gtowngamers » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:39 pm

BB11 wrote:Wisthoff had over 250 yards passing and I believe 100 yards rushing plus 25 tackles on defense - Not too bad at all. He is a good player - will probably be a trackster in college for throwing though.

I'm pretty sure Wisthoff is going to play ball in college, I dont think track is what he wants to do.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:40 am

north border wrote:i'd have to put carpenter from nb and nichols from dp in the mix. anyone else

Carpenter is very good at tossing the ball up to them. He is elusive in the pocket and keeps plays alive. These two receivers are good at moving with him when he is eluding tacklers. All Carpenter has to do is throw the ball up to these two. He really doesn't make many "Quarterback Plays" - he just moves around and tosses the ball as high and far as he can. I'm not trying to take anything away from Carpenter - I just don't see him throwing a 15 yard our pattern on the run - or putting the ball in the perfect spot over the receiver's shoulder. He is fun to watch though. Great leader.

Nichols is an absolute stud. He can make EVERY throw. And he is fast - - -very fast.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby EagleFan#5 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:59 am

Along with Carpenters ability to "toss the ball high and far" (thats what I summed up from ifoughtpirhanas post) I would be glad to argue with anyone that he is  the best overall reader of Defenses on the East side of the state. 
EagleFan#5

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:26 am

Eagles Fan - -

I was by no means saying Carpenter is a bad quarterback. I have seen him play and he is great. He is a great leader and a great "Reader of Defenses" as you put it. I don't know about him being the "best in the state" - but he is very very good at it.  I don't know if it is North Border's offense or what it is - but you cannot argue that most of his passes are long balls that he throws as high and far as he can. Those two tall stud receivers he has just go up and get the ball. It doesn't matter if he is 100% accurate or not. They just go get it.

Please don't get defensive - I had a lot of nice things to say about this kid. Again - a great leader. when I think Quarterback I think of a kid who can make all the throws as well as being a great leader and "reader of defenses." There a lot of kids out there who can read and hand the ball off - I think when we are talking about the Best quarter back in the state - throwing the ball needs to be figured into the conversation.

Again - I agree that Carpenter is one of the best quarterbacks in the state.....
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:32 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:Eagles Fan - -

I was by no means saying Carpenter is a bad quarterback. I have seen him play and he is great. He is a great leader and a great "Reader of Defenses" as you put it. I don't know about him being the "best in the state" - but he is very very good at it.  I don't know if it is North Border's offense or what it is - but you cannot argue that most of his passes are long balls that he throws as high and far as he can. Those two tall stud receivers he has just go up and get the ball. It doesn't matter if he is 100% accurate or not. They just go get it.

Please don't get defensive - I had a lot of nice things to say about this kid. Again - a great leader. when I think Quarterback I think of a kid who can make all the throws as well as being a great leader and "reader of defenses." There a lot of kids out there who can read and hand the ball off - I think when we are talking about the Best quarter back in the state - throwing the ball needs to be figured into the conversation.

Again - I agree that Carpenter is one of the best quarterbacks in the state.....

Personally I think the two best quarterbacks in the state our in Region 3.  Seth Nichols and Tanner Carpenter.

Nichols, DP, can make every throw, thrown for over 2,000 and ran for 700 with 50 total td's coming into playoffs. 

Carpenter, North Border, don't know his stats, but I can't argue with him being a great, great leader.  His team feeds off of him. When he goes, they go.  He keeps his cool under pressure.  He does a nice job in the passing game, but is also use to melt the clock in the end.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to 9 - Man