The teams in 9 Man

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:47 am

i think nichols is hands down the best quarterback in the state
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
ifoughtpiranhas wrote:Eagles Fan - -

I was by no means saying Carpenter is a bad quarterback. I have seen him play and he is great. He is a great leader and a great "Reader of Defenses" as you put it. I don't know about him being the "best in the state" - but he is very very good at it.  I don't know if it is North Border's offense or what it is - but you cannot argue that most of his passes are long balls that he throws as high and far as he can. Those two tall stud receivers he has just go up and get the ball. It doesn't matter if he is 100% accurate or not. They just go get it.

Please don't get defensive - I had a lot of nice things to say about this kid. Again - a great leader. when I think Quarterback I think of a kid who can make all the throws as well as being a great leader and "reader of defenses." There a lot of kids out there who can read and hand the ball off - I think when we are talking about the Best quarter back in the state - throwing the ball needs to be figured into the conversation.

Again - I agree that Carpenter is one of the best quarterbacks in the state.....

Personally I think the two best quarterbacks in the state our in Region 3.  Seth Nichols and Tanner Carpenter.

Nichols, DP, can make every throw, thrown for over 2,000 and ran for 700 with 50 total td's coming into playoffs. 

Carpenter, North Border, don't know his stats, but I can't argue with him being a great, great leader.  His team feeds off of him. When he goes, they go.  He keeps his cool under pressure.  He does a nice job in the passing game, but is also use to melt the clock in the end.

I agree with you 100%. Nichols and Carpenter are probably the two best QBs in the state.

I do respect Carpenter's ability to kill the clock. If the Eagles are up in the second half - expect to see the Tanner Carpenter show. QB follow left....QB follow right. Great game management.

Along with the ability to make every throw - Nichols is a great leader and can run the ball as well. As pakkyzoo said - Nichols had 50 total touchdowns during the regular season. He had 7 more total TDs in the first round win over Richland. Talk to Sheehan - he took over that game.

From the few games we have went to - I believe he is the best Quarterback in the state.
Last edited by ifoughtpiranhas on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby Pfenix » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:54 am

50 total tds is unreal.  Are these stats official?
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:20 am

Pfenix wrote:50 total tds is unreal.  Are these stats official?

Well actually it would be 57 now that the first round of playoffs are over.  On tuesday he was 22-34 with 306 yards passing and 87 yards rushing with 7 total td's.  4 passing and 3 rushing.  So now his season stats are around 2,400 yards passing with 800 yards rushing and 57 total touchdowns.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:25 am

pakkyzoo wrote:

Well actually it would be 57 now that the first round of playoffs are over.  On tuesday he was 22-34 with 306 yards passing and 87 yards rushing with 7 total td's.  4 passing and 3 rushing.  So now his season stats are around 2,400 yards passing with 800 yards rushing and 57 total touchdowns.

You are 100% correct my friend. I have talked to people who have seen his stats..... those stats are 100% offical.

I would say that the numbers speak for themselves. Best QB in the state.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby rep » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:27 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

You are 100% correct my friend. I have talked to people who have seen his stats..... those stats are 100% offical.

has he decided if he wants to play college ball or where he's going?
rep

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:46 am

rep wrote:
ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

has he decided if he wants to play college ball or where he's going?

A bunch of us went and watched the game on Tuesday and both UND and NDSU coaches were there. I would also be curious if any schools outside of ND are looking at him.

He is a very special talent.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:21 am

i've heard he's more interested to play baseball in college....anyone heard that?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:25 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i've heard he's more interested to play baseball in college....anyone heard that?

He could play either one.  I think its which sport offers him the best oppurtunity. He is a stud at them both.  I personally think it will be football he plays, but it wouldn't suprise me that he played baseball instead.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby booyah » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:39 am

nichols is one of the best quarterbacks in the state hands down. i wouldnt be surprised if he went to ndsu or und to play football. he is definitely good enough. but when you think about his stats, dakota praries playbook consists of mainly passing plays and when you pass that much you will have a lot of passing yards. also, you have to give props to his receivers who are really good at going to get the ball when it is in the air.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:42 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:i've heard he's more interested to play baseball in college....anyone heard that?

He could play either one.  I think its which sport offers him the best oppurtunity. He is a stud at them both.  I personally think it will be football he plays, but it wouldn't suprise me that he played baseball instead.

Yes - He is also a great baseball player.  He put up all-State numbers last year in football. Dustin Brend from Central Valley was 1st team all-state - and Nichols had almost identical numbers to him - but at that time I remember hearing that Nichols was talking baseball.

He is definately turning a lot of heads this football season. I have heard that NDSU is where he wants to go.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:47 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

Yes - He is also a great baseball player.  He put up all-State numbers last year in football. Dustin Brend from Central Valley was 1st team all-state - and Nichols had almost identical numbers to him - but at that time I remember hearing that Nichols was talking baseball.

He is definately turning a lot of heads this football season. I have heard that NDSU is where he wants to go.

well ya i know he could play both, iv'e just heard that he'd rahter play baseball in college, heck he could probably play basketball if he wanted to
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:03 am

BballFan1307 wrote:
ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

well ya i know he could play both, iv'e just heard that he'd rahter play baseball in college, heck he could probably play basketball if he wanted to
I have heard the same. With his size and athleticism - no doubt he could play college basketball as well as baseball and football.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby raider12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Last edited by raider12 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raider12

Postby raider12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:34 pm

i would have to say the top qbs are nichols-carp-olderbak
raider12

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:40 pm

raider12 wrote:i would have to say the top qbs are nichols-carp-olderbak

Olderbaak shouldn't even be considered a quarterback.  A prime example is against North Border I dont know if he even completed a pass.  But he ran for 145 yards on like 20 carries.  Hes a natural runningback playing quarterback.

Nichols probably did turn it over 10+ times (picks and fumbless) last year.  But were talking about this year.  This year his stats are undeniable.  He has stepped his game up.  Took care of the football.  I think he has 3 picks on the year? Maybe 3 or 4 fumbles??  Were talking about this year's best quarterback. Not last years.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby raider12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:

Olderbaak shouldn't even be considered a quarterback.  A prime example is against North Border I dont know if he even completed a pass.  But he ran for 145 yards on like 20 carries.  Hes a natural runningback playing quarterback.

Nichols probably did turn it over 10+ times (picks and fumbless) last year.  But were talking about this year.  This year his stats are undeniable.  He has stepped his game up.  Took care of the football.  I think he has 3 picks on the year? Maybe 3 or 4 fumbles??  Were talking about this year's best quarterback. Not last years.

yeah i know olderbaak isn't much of a passer. and nichols is much better this year about ball control. do you know if he has any kind of state record
raider12

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:50 pm

raider12 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

yeah i know olderbaak isn't much of a passer. and nichols is much better this year about ball control. do you know if he has any kind of state record

I have no idea.... I don't think records are kept up very well for the regular season.  The only records I know that are kept up well is if you make it to the championship.  Then its like all state championship game records.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby DCalum35 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:00 pm

Where did you hear that NDSU and UND were looking at Wisthoff?  Maybe UND but I'm pretty sure he couldn't cut it at NDSU playing either tight end or D-end.
DCalum35

Postby raider12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:04 pm

DCalum35 wrote:Where did you hear that NDSU and UND were looking at Wisthoff?  Maybe UND but I'm pretty sure he couldn't cut it at NDSU playing either tight end or D-end.

tight end huh? i've only seen nichols play football, but he must just be a stud in everything the way it sounds. what does he play in basketball? just a great overall athlete if he could play tight end. personally i hope he goes to UND:D 
raider12

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:07 pm

Nichols is definitely something special on the football field.  He's definitely got better at completing passes as this season has progressed.  When he played in Walhalla I can clearly remember 4-5 passes that he was back in the pocket, no pressure on him and had a guy open but just missed him.  It was either over his head or short of the receiver.  I caught a lot of heat from my comments after that game but that was the second game of the year so naturally he's going to take some time to get all his timing and his throws down.  His stats are incredible but one thing I would like to know is what are Tyler Luehrings stats as a receiver for them.  Only a sophomore and I remember in the Lakota game he had 3 straight 50+ yard touchdown receptions during the start of DP's comeback.  I have to think that he is the beneficiary of many of Nichols touchdown passes.  As far as picking Nichols or Carpenter as a better Quarterback I think it's too close to call.  Both have proven to be clutch and able to come through when there team needs them.  Carpenter against DP and Lakota, Nichols against Lakota and Richland.  Both have good arms and are able to run the ball well.  Nichols relies more on his pure speed and athleticism, Carpenter his head more and has to elude the defenders better.  Both are probably going to take the field against each other again in the 3rd round of the playoffs too. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DCalum35 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:12 pm

Raider12 I was talking about Seth Wisthoff from Glenburn, not Seth Nichols from Dakota Prairie.
DCalum35

Postby raider12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:15 pm

DCalum35 wrote:Raider12 I was talking about Seth Wisthoff from Glenburn, not Seth Nichols from Dakota Prairie.

okay, to many seths to talk about. but i would have to say seth nichols is by far the best quarterback in the past how many years....maybe forever, i have seen nobody like him. anyone else?
raider12

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:25 pm

In 9 man? or all of high school football?

sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby raider12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:26 pm

sapp_jr_99 wrote:In 9 man? or all of high school football?

9-man
raider12

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man