best qb?

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Gtowngamers » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:26 pm

DCalum35 wrote:Where did you hear that NDSU and UND were looking at Wisthoff?  Maybe UND but I'm pretty sure he couldn't cut it at NDSU playing either tight end or D-end.

I just talked to him the other day and he said that he talks to both schools weekly on the phone. Both had him down to watch games.

Have you seen him play?
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Re:

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:30 am

Good Call. I can agree with that.

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Nichols is definitely something special on the football field.  He's definitely got better at completing passes as this season has progressed.  When he played in Walhalla I can clearly remember 4-5 passes that he was back in the pocket, no pressure on him and had a guy open but just missed him.  It was either over his head or short of the receiver.  I caught a lot of heat from my comments after that game but that was the second game of the year so naturally he's going to take some time to get all his timing and his throws down.  His stats are incredible but one thing I would like to know is what are Tyler Luehrings stats as a receiver for them.  Only a sophomore and I remember in the Lakota game he had 3 straight 50+ yard touchdown receptions during the start of DP's comeback.  I have to think that he is the beneficiary of many of Nichols touchdown passes.  As far as picking Nichols or Carpenter as a better Quarterback I think it's too close to call.  Both have proven to be clutch and able to come through when there team needs them.  Carpenter against DP and Lakota, Nichols against Lakota and Richland.  Both have good arms and are able to run the ball well.  Nichols relies more on his pure speed and athleticism, Carpenter his head more and has to elude the defenders better.  Both are probably going to take the field against each other again in the 3rd round of the playoffs too. 
ifoughtpiranhas

Re:

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:31 am

I would agree with that. I have not seen a player with his talent, speed, athleticism and arm strength in a long time.

raider12 wrote:
sapp_jr_99 wrote:In 9 man? or all of high school football?

9-man
ifoughtpiranhas

Re:

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:35 am

So far in the the first three rounds of the playoffs.....

Seth Nichols:

7 TDs Against Richlannd
3 TDs Against Edgely/Kulm
7 TD's Against North Border

grizzfan wrote:
Brett Favre wrote:I really feel that Nichols is so good he should get up around 17 touchdowns this week!!   No one in the world can even come close to stopping him.  He has way to many weapons....

Thats a pretty bold guesstimate :shock: . . . i am gonna have to disagree however and say something more like 5
ifoughtpiranhas

Re:

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:39 am

That is Correct. I don't think that anyone can argue with the drive Nichols put together against North Border this weekend..... with less than a minute left in the game starting from the 8 or 9 yard line. Wow.

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Here are Nichols official stats posted in the Grand Forks Herald today.

Nichols 135-194, 2,389 yards, 43 TDs and 99-782, 12 TDs.

Here are Carpenters offical stats posted in the Grand Forks Herald today.

Carpenter 88-139, 1,759 yards 21 TDs and 158 carries for 1,050 yards, 15 tds.

Nichols completion percentage - 70%
Carpenter completion percentage - 63%

Nichols Yards per carry - 7.9 YPC
Carpenter yards per carry - 6.65 YPC

Nichols touchdown passing stats are incredible but with an offense like DP has they could've handed it off to severson 50-60 more times and got him 15 more touchdowns too.  But, what Magner has done has worked for them so why question it.  Both these quarterbacks are good and capable of putting up big numbers and if they meet again next week in Pembina we'll find out who the better QB is.  Most of what QB's get compared on is winning.
ifoughtpiranhas

Re:

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:52 am

In the regular season - Nichols only played in 2 whole games - Lakota and North Border.
He played 3 quarters against Thompson.
He only played till half time in the other 6 regular season games.

So - I am not sure where "boosting the stats" comes into play here.......

Big Hitter wrote:I am not taking anything away from Seth Nichols I think he is the best qb but a long shot but on more than one time i have seen in the paper him hookin up with a reciever for a td in the 4th Quarter when they are up big. So idk if they don't have a back up or if magner just likes to boost stats?? Any thoughts
ifoughtpiranhas

Re:

Postby DCalum35 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:11 pm

Gtowngamers wrote:
DCalum35 wrote:Where did you hear that NDSU and UND were looking at Wisthoff?  Maybe UND but I'm pretty sure he couldn't cut it at NDSU playing either tight end or D-end.

I just talked to him the other day and he said that he talks to both schools weekly on the phone. Both had him down to watch games.

Have you seen him play?

Yeah I have seen him play I just didn't think NDSU would be interested. I stand corrected; good for him wherever he goes.
DCalum35

Previous

Return to 9 - Man