when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:40 am

Grothman,Mcleary!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:49 am

From Region 2 on all state could be Grothmann on offense and Defense, Jake Olsen on D, and i'm sure hillsboro will have a couple others on there somewhere. Hankinsons Jamie Mauch.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:11 am

Couple more possibilities from region 2:

Wyndmere - Zach Puetz

Richland - John Besette
justbrowsing

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:30 am

is Puetz their qb...if he is..i was going to say him but wasnt sure on the name?

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:59 am

yes - their RB, Chris McKay, is a good player also - although probably not all state caliber this year
justbrowsing

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:29 pm

How about Bill Breen, Hillsboro, O-line. He's playing center and controlling the middle of the field for the Burros ground game. 6'0", 220+, gets great leverage on his run blocking.

Definitlely Bessette from Richland, Puetz from WL, Grothmann from Hillsboro, Mauch from Hankinson, McCleary from Napoleon.

Olsen (Hillsboro) should make it as a D-end - 2 or 3 key sacks against FSHP.

Ostrom may make it as a tight end - not sure how many other strong tight ends there are across the state.

I'd like to hear about possible all-staters in other regions....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby the mask » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:38 pm

hearing you mention ostrom in there what are your thoughts of james ihry making all region running back? all state maybe....thoughts and opinions and please keep it friendly
Last edited by the mask on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:54 pm

the mask wrote:hearing you mention ostrom in there what are your thoughts of james ihry making all region running back? all state maybe....thoughts and opinions and please keep it friendly

I think he could definately be all region but not all state at this point. too many backs around the state that are better.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:25 pm

i agree ...all region for sure, all state not close...not with the amount of good rb there are in nd

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pfenix » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:20 pm

Brock Gion at RB  Around 1,000 yards rushing and 100 points
Blaise Kautzman at WR and as a Punt/Kick Returner: Around 1,000 all-purpose yards
Jay Grosz at LB- 60 tackles
Lance Olson, Charlie Crane, and Devan Laufer could get in as O-linemen.  All three are solid.
Nick Kautzman at D-end.  Big tough kid who can lay the wood like no other.
Last edited by Pfenix on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:04 pm

I think Ihry's chances of all-state kind of went up in smoke with the lack of running yards against Hillsboro. He's a good back, but you gotta perform well agains the best and he just came up short against the Burros. My opinion.....

He'll be looked at for all-state honors in the future though....
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Pfenix wrote:Brock Gion at RB  Around 1,000 yards rushing and 100 points
Blaise Kautzman at WR and as a Punt/Kick Returner: Around 1,000 all-purpose yards
Jay Grosz at LB- 60 tackles
Lance Olson, Charlie Crane, and Devan Laufer could get in as O-linemen.  All three are solid.
Nick Kautzman at D-end.  Big tough kid who can lay the wood like no other.

Hey, glad to hear some other names in consideration. Can you tell us where these guys all play? Sorry for my ignorance.....educate me. ;)
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:20 pm

Hinsa wrote:I think Ihry's chances of all-state kind of went up in smoke with the lack of running yards against Hillsboro. He's a good back, but you gotta perform well agains the best and he just came up short against the Burros. My opinion.....

He'll be looked at for all-state honors in the future though....

i agree good post. As for ostrom, i dont know if his game against hillsboro hurt his chances at all state, but he willb e on all region

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pfenix » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:04 pm

They're all from Mott/Regent.  They're all seniors except for Nick Kautzman who's a sophmore.  I included him cuz the kids an animal.  He plays the end position both ways, but it really doesn't matter if its Offense or defense but someone is going to be lying on the ground at the end of the play.  Laufer and him are a big reason Blaise Kautzman is having the season he is returning the ball.  They have to help someone off the field at least twice a game becuase of those guys.  It's really fun to watch. 

Gion's having a monster season running the ball.  He really doesn't get that many carries the way his team has been scoring but the few he does get go for touchdowns.  Those linemen and Grosz make nice holes, and when he gets down field he flattens anyone else in his way.   Takes like 4 people to bring him down most of the time.  On the sports spot light KFYR did on him their coach talked about how at the Central McClean game he was heading for the end zone and the ref was in his way so he just knocked him over and kept on going.  Definitely all-state material.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:41 am

Thanks for the education Pfenix! Sounds like MR could make it all the way to the Dome?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby beachy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:55 pm

i know puetz will be there along with mauch also
Last edited by beachy on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:55 pm

Hankinson's curtis krump should make it for line backer or defensive end... or maybe full back.... he is an all around good palyer.
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby N2sports » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Does anyone know how all region and all state teams are chosen?  Doesn't it have a lot to do with where you finish in the region/state as far as the number of players you can actually put on the team?  Also..who picks the teams...coaches, media or both?
N2sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:44 pm

N2sports wrote:Does anyone know how all region and all state teams are chosen?  Doesn't it have a lot to do with where you finish in the region/state as far as the number of players you can actually put on the team?  Also..who picks the teams...coaches, media or both?

to my knowledge it is stricly coaches, media has no involvement. there is also no hard rule about x number of wins getting you x number of players on whichever team...they just sort of hammer out who they feel should be where as far as i can tell. goes more on that than anything concrete...jordan dewald is a perfect example from last year. he missed a chunk of the regular season, but was named to the first team. there were some people that felt he shouldn't have been on there because he missed that much time, others pointed to his showing in the state title game with 43 carries and felt with his ability, he should be on there.
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Yeah, from what I've been told all region and all state are chosen by the coaches.  Basically, if you are a gifted athlete and play on a good team you'll get on there.  If you're on an ok team and have unreal stats you'll probably get on there, too.  I've been told that they'll find a way to get deserving players on there even if they're not the top at their position in the state.  For instance, if a player is a very good QB but there are 1 or 2 other QB's in the state more deserving of all state they'll get you on for a different position on defense or something even tho it wasn't their best position.  Make sense???
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:30 pm

i think they venture a bit towards going overboard on the amount of players named, but i'm also from the 'the all-state first team should have one quarterback' school of thinking.

overall, i think they do a pretty good.
rep

Postby imperials » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:33 am

last year the all-state team was picked the night before the state championship game, so dewald's performance in the title game had nothing to do why he was all-state. but dewald is a stud and he deserved to be all-state.
imperials

Postby rep » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:40 am

then it was his showing in the playoffs in general got him on there. heck of a player, really finished off his runs with a good pop.

but if i remember right on here last year there were some people that questioned if he should have been first team with missing a handful of games where as some of the other backs had more stats and such, as they played all year.  

out of curiosity, how is he doing? haven't really heard anything since he was to the west coast for the marines in the beginning of september or end of august?
rep

Postby Gtowngamers » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:57 pm

The amount of all region players you get is based on the amount of wins you have, first place getting the most and so on. All state is voted on by coaches at the dakota bowl. Most of the time the quarterback who wins the title game gets first team but not always.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to 9 - Man