Hillsboro at FSHP

The teams in 9 Man

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Hillsboro is too big and too physical for FSHP. Grothman is an animal on both sides of the ball. Hillsboro is too much for FSHP too handle. Ihry is good. but he hasn't played against a defense like Hillsboro yet.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:01 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:Hillsboro is too big and too physical for FSHP. Grothman is an animal on both sides of the ball. Hillsboro is too much for FSHP too handle. Ihry is good. but he hasn't played against a defense like Hillsboro yet.

hillsboro hasn't played against an offense like FSHP
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:07 pm

The Schwab wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:Hillsboro is too big and too physical for FSHP. Grothman is an animal on both sides of the ball. Hillsboro is too much for FSHP too handle. Ihry is good. but he hasn't played against a defense like Hillsboro yet.

Wyndmeres offense is pretty good. having played both hillsboro and fshp im going to have to say Hillsboro is the better team offensively and defensively.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:12 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Wyndmeres offense is pretty good. having played both hillsboro and fshp im going to have to say Hillsboro is the better team offensively and defensively.

and that's why they play the game....just ask the 98' vikings

The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:35 pm

against richland ihry had only 108 rushing yds and that was with a 33 yd run that richland gave him to get the ball back late in the game they had 260  yds total to richlands 480 total offense woodbury had 150 or so fshp doesnt have the line or linebackers to stop the veer option hillsboro runs  
homer

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:37 pm

something must have worked..they did win the game..
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fb_fan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:17 am

Yes FSHP beat richland, but if you were at the game, you saw Richland shoot themselves in the foot a lot on friday. One thing that I noticed was that Richland never had to punt. FSHP punted 4 or 5 times. Richland ran power football at FSHP all night and FSHP had a hard time stopping them. I thought that Richland out played FSHP, but they got outscored. I don't think FSHP made Richland make mistakes, I think Richland just didn't capitalize when they needed to.

Don't get me wrong FSHP is a good FB team. They play hard. But in saying that I think Hillsboro is a better FB team right now. If FSHP stays in a similar defense this week Hillsboro will run all over them. I will take Hillsboro by 2 scores. This is all my opinion.
fb_fan

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:47 am

good post....i agree fshp was outplayed. but they did have some really good stands inside the 20 yardline i htink they stopped richland 3 0r 4 times. it was a good game, both teams deserved to win.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:45 am

The Schwab wrote: Secondly you have to take into account Finley's field, i'm sure a few of you out there know what i'm talking about.

Schwab, I bet Hillsboro does not know the gravitational effects of Finley's field. If they do they can use it to their advantage.

Remember back in the 80's when Barry Switzer was running the wishbone at Oklahoma?  Opposing teams complained to the NCAA about the huge crown on their field and it was unfair that Oklahoma was running the option down hill.

Hillsboro is an option team,and they could run that option down the 40 degree slope of Finley's crowned field.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ocho Siete » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:25 am

Crappy field conditions won't be too much of a factor....Hillsboro practices in backyard dumps of their bus barn, so they'll be used to it.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:30 am

Finley has a nice field, it's just that it has an obnoxious crown to it because it used to be a slough.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:54 am

The field it's self is in pretty decent shape.....but if your not used to the crown it can be very tricky.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby fb_fan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:48 am

I am sorry people, the crown of the football field will not be a factor in the outcome of the game. Northern Cass field has a crown and teams beat them on their field. I am guessing that the better team with the best game plan will win that game. Hillsboro is a tough football team. They have beaten everyone they have played including WL Warriors who are a good football team as well.
fb_fan

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 am

You are right the crown will not make a difference in the final outcome of the game but if your run the double reverse halfback pitch pass you might have rubber legs after the play.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:12 am

fb_fan wrote:I am sorry people, the crown of the football field will not be a factor in the outcome of the game. Northern Cass field has a crown and teams beat them on their field. I am guessing that the better team with the best game plan will win that game. Hillsboro is a tough football team. They have beaten everyone they have played including WL Warriors who are a good football team as well.

FSHP is a tough team as well. and they've beaten everyone they've played including Hankinson who is not a slouch of a team... its' going to be a pretty even game no matter what...it could go etiher way i dont think there is a clear favorite.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby homer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:47 am

i think the clear fav is hillsboro the records mean nothing here 2 totally different teams one runs an offense that is very tough and hard to figure out  the other is a pretty common offense
homer

Postby homer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:48 am

they always say you want to get your team to run downhill well there you can (and uphill too)
homer

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:09 pm

i dont think you can base the favorite of the game on whos offense is tougher to figure out....it will come out to who executes and makes the least mistakes
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby homer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:31 pm

welcome to high school sports
homer

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:34 pm

exactly....the best team doesnt always win...least mistakes wins...but i htink i might be going with hillsboro just becuase of the way you guys are talking...it doesnt sound like anyone can stop them
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the mask » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:45 pm

jsut to jump in here im going to say that the offense won't matter they both can run them how ever they want but its going to be the defensive side of the ball stopping the offense they are running who will win and the least mistakes but hillsboro can be beaten and so can fshp its going to be to me probly the most exciting and meaning ful game of the week.
 o and for the crown on the field the players will get their conditioning for the week on friday
Last edited by the mask on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby WHITE » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:36 pm

im gonna say this... if hillsboro grinds it out, playing power football keeping the ball away from the offense of fshp, it will be a long game for the spartans.... because i dont believ fshp has the physicallity to match hillsboro 
"W-H-I-T...E"
"Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
WHITE
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gopher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 am

Hillsboro is much more physical than H-P-F-S.  If both teams are healthy, Hillsboro by 2-3 td's.
gopher

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:28 am

i might agree with the fact that hillsboro might win...but i think its' going to be a closer game...1 td...or even less maybe 3-4 points.. FSHP hasnt gotten alot of credit they have alot of talent too
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:05 am

I will be shocked if this game is decided by more than 1 TD
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man