Hillsboro at FSHP

The teams in 9 Man

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:58 pm

well...matchup of the top two teams in the region, what are your guy's thoughts?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketball4life » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:09 pm

This will be a great matchup. FSHP did have a close scare by Richland last night. But I think this will definitely decide our Region 2 #1 spot. I hope it's down to the last minute TD. I do feel that Hillsboro might have a slight advantage, but FSHP has James Ihry who is a workhorse in the backfield.

Good luck to both teams!
basketball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:02 pm

This will be a great game. If you go purely on comparing scores of common opponents - and I realize you can't put a lot of stock in that - it would appear Hillsboro has the edge as they soundly defeated Richland earlier this season. But the game is in Finley which gives FSHP an edge.

A big key is going to be health. Hillsboro has some injuries. Their starting QB/Safety and Tailback/CB both sat out this past Friday. They should be ready to go for FSHP but Hillsboro showed they have depth to take up the slack if they cannot go. Mayo, the backup QB, ran for 3 scores and over 100 yards. Sophmore Zach Grothmann filled in at tailback and had one TD and Andrew Grothmann showed some speed by going 56 yards for a TD.

Ostrom is going to give Hillsboro trouble. Ostrom will have 6" on the Hillsboro DBs. And Ihry sounds like the real deal. It would be great fun to see a head-on collision between Ihry and Grothmann.

My guess is that this game will be lower scoring than what FSHP is used to. They have a powerful offense, but Hillsboro specializes in long, clock-eating drives that shorten the game.

Whoever wins the game will be in the drivers seat in the region, but there are still games for each team that could turn the standings upside down. W-L is not out of the title hunt at all with their win over Hankinson. And Hankinson can still play spoiler by knocking off Hillsboro in the last week of the season.

This region is playing some quality, hard-hitting football. It is fun to watch.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:11 pm

Last edited by BballFan1307 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby homer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:13 pm

hillsboro by 2 or 3 tds
homer

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 pm

this game will be decided by one touchdown. not sure what team will win tho

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsfan4323 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:43 am

Finley-sharon/hope-page is my pick Ihry is a great back and if hillsboro is stopping them the spartans can turn to thorson who is a very good quarterback and has a great tight end in ostrom to throw to
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The stokker » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:00 am

Ya and ostrom prolly will open up some of the other guys cause teams will start keying on ostrom which should help the two speedy recivers in parkman and bomber and help the other end severson get open a lil bit easier gonna be a heck of a game hopefully down to the last minute
The stokker

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:29 am

i think hillsboro is too much for fshp. too many weapons for hillsboro too many guys who can run the ball. the spartans will put up a battle but i don't think they will hold up against the burros
Last edited by itsallabouteddie on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:38 pm

I got Hillsboro
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby web17 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:40 pm

i think Hillsboro is a much more physical team, and can run very effiantly between the guards...haha.... but Grothmann is too much, too big, and too strong...hillsoboro by 2 tds.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby the mask » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:05 pm

g
web17 wrote:i think Hillsboro is a much more physical team, and can run very effiantly between the guards...haha.... but Grothmann is too much, too big, and too strong...hillsoboro by 2 tds.
gunna be one heck of a game i have to say everyone should be at this one imma be there...game of the week???
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby dogg » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:17 am

This will be a good game to watch. FSHP can't afford to have errors anywhere, at anytime- as they have in some of their previous games.
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sports guy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:22 am

I will take hillsboro. They will be able keep the FSHP Offense on the side lines with the long drives.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:18 am

does Hillsboro have anybody that will be able to match up with Ostrom?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:46 am

I will also take Hillsburo in a dominate win, Ostrom is a good reciever but will have tougher defense played on him than he is used too.  FSHP has had a pretty easy schedule up till the last week and they are playing on false confidence.  Hillsburo on the other hand has soo much more depth and Grothman is a great, strong player with others to back him up that are comparably good...FSHP doesn't have that. 

Good luck to both teams but Hillsburo will come out on top....
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:56 am

FSHP beat Hankinson.....how is that considered an easy schedule?  Hankinson lost to WL by 1 and WL lost to Hillsboro by 1.  Sounds like they've had just as tough a schedule as Hillsboro.  This game will be a barnburner.  I'm going with FSHP by less than a TD.....2 or 4 pts.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:27 am

ClassB-bballfan wrote:I will also take Hillsburo in a dominate win, Ostrom is a good reciever but will have tougher defense played on him than he is used too.  FSHP has had a pretty easy schedule up till the last week and they are playing on false confidence.  Hillsburo on the other hand has soo much more depth and Grothman is a great, strong player with others to back him up that are comparably good...FSHP doesn't have that. 

Good luck to both teams but Hillsburo will come out on top....

buddy take a look at hillsboro's schedule...it isnt exactly a hard schedule. they've played ONE game against a team with a winning record that being Wyndmere Lidgerwood beating them by one point. Their schedule is nearly the exact same.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:36 am

This game is going to be one of the better nine-man games so far this year. I feel that talent wise hillsboro might have the slight edge. There are two big factors to take into account. Where the game is? In finley, only home regular season game scheduled there. This should result in a huge turnout. Secondly you have to take into account Finley's field, i'm sure a few of you out there know what i'm talking about.

I am going to go with FSHP to beat hillsboro 26-22 in a very exciting game.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:53 am

Hillsboro will take this game, and if they play their best football, they'll take it with ease.  They beat W-L playing some of their sloppiest football this year, and going into last.  Their running back Smelden had a bum ankle which I've heard he'll play 100% next friday.

Ostrom is one guy, Hillsboro has too many that are way underappreciated.  The only thing that will hinder Hillsboro's win will be a collapse internally, because FSHP just doesn't have enough to stop them
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:57 am

It should be a good game. I give the Burros an edge but if the higher the score is better for the spartans.
PA42

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:04 am

BballFan1307 wrote:does Hillsboro have anybody that will be able to match up with Ostrom?

The best matchup that the Burros have with Ostrom is their pass rush...if their D Lineman can get through as quickly as they've been able to in past games, it doesn't matter if Ostrom is Jesus Christ himself, he won't sniff the ball.

O line play will be HUGE for FSHP on Friday, and it'll be a great game to watch
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 am

fshp will never stop the veer
homer

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:01 am

i dont get it you say hillsboro has sooo many options to use...they have grothman smelden and what meyer then what

you cant forget about james ihry either
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i dont get it you say hillsboro has sooo many options to use...they have grothman smelden and what meyer then what

you cant forget about james ihry either

Offensively:  Hillsboro's option offense features 3 positions: QB, RB, and FB...and in all three of these positions, Hillsboro has great players.  When they need to throw, Meyer has one of the best throwing arms I've seen, and either of the Burros TE's can catch very well.

Defensively:  This is where Hillsboro flexes their muscles.  All of their lineman are easily capable of multiple sack games.  Grothmann, along with the other 2 LBs who are also above average, can shut down all running lanes and some passing lanes.  And their DB's are fast and athletic.

All I'm saying is Hillsboro doesn't really have a weak link that I can see right now.  Granted, I haven't watched FSHP play many games this year, but I can't see Hillsboro losing if they play up to their ability.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man