Hillsboro at FSHP

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:06 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i might agree with the fact that hillsboro might win...but i think its' going to be a closer game...1 td...or even less maybe 3-4 points.. FSHP hasnt gotten alot of credit they have alot of talent too

So...you agree that Hillsboro has a chance to win?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...and say FSHP also has a chance to win.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:20 am

i think hillsboro has a very good chance to win, they are more physical, stronger, and have a better offense.i  just dont think it will be by more than 1 touchdown
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Game of the week on WDAY - as it should be - Number 4 vs. Number 6

FSHP should be Number 5 going into this week.....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby itsallabouteddie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:11 pm

Hillsboro-30

FSHP-14

The Burros rush for 432 yards an had three guys go over 100. Sealed the deal with a big clock eating drive in the 4th resulting in a touchdown. Grothmann had 3 TD's. Listened to it on the radio and it sounded like Aaron Meyer just dominated the game. rushed for 180+ yards. Good win on the road for the Burros.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:11 pm

Awesome, awesome performance by Hillsboro. The Burros answered each score of the Spartans with a score of their own. The long TD drive in the 4th quarter sucked the life out of FSHP - grind it out, 5 yards a pop. Hillsboro's line just dominated the FSHP interior.

A very tell-tale sign of how things would go happened on FSHP's first possession. Hand-off to Ihry, Grothmann meets Ihry in the hole, collision, and Ihry goes backwards. Grothmann truly looked like a man among boys tonight.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:49 pm

great game by grothman and hillsboro....grothman is amazing ....defensively and offensively fshp had no answer for him...he can do everything. Hillsboro did a great job of taking the momentum right from fshp right from the get go on the opening onside kick....right from there they never gave much momentum back
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:11 pm

One thing that really surprised me - Thorson's first pass was a slant for 8 yards and I thought that Thorson was going to pick apart the Burro defense with short and mid-range routes. Then Thorson started trying to throw bombs with no success. On one possession it was three incomplete bombs in a row and punt.

Give the Burro secondary credit for good coverage. I was just very surprised that Thorson didn't try to hit short patterns more. He seemed to complete most of his short throws and that's how FSHP scored their first touchdown, a nice mix of short throws and good, tough runs.

BBallFan, very gracious comments. FSHP - Hillsboro Round 2 could very well happen down the road. The Spartans are a good football team; they just didn't quite know what to do with Grothmann tonight.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Ya it was an alright game....Hillsboro just dominated on all faces of the game...I was surprised that FSHP was able to stop Hillsboro pretty well in the first half holding them to only 10 points. Thorson ya ususally does a good job, but tonight just did have his accuracy he usually does. Not makin excuses...but it was windy out there tonight that could've had an effect on throwing...cuz i noticed on all 4 of Meyers passes they were thrown long just like thorson wass tonight. There were times that it looked like ostrom was open, and just needed a little better throw....but hey everyone has an off night...thorsons a good qb, he'll do better next game...overall great effort by hillsboro they were truly the better team tonight.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby blue steel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:27 pm

The Schwab wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:Hillsboro is too big and too physical for FSHP. Grothman is an animal on both sides of the ball. Hillsboro is too much for FSHP too handle. Ihry is good. but he hasn't played against a defense like Hillsboro yet.

hillsboro hasn't played against an offense like FSHP

James Ihry finished the game with 15 yards rushing on 10 carries. FSHP only had 19 yards rushing as a team. So Ihry did carry most of the load for the Spartans.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:01 am

BballFan1307 wrote:Ya it was an alright game....Hillsboro just dominated on all faces of the game...I was surprised that FSHP was able to stop Hillsboro pretty well in the first half holding them to only 10 points. Thorson ya ususally does a good job, but tonight just did have his accuracy he usually does. Not makin excuses...but it was windy out there tonight that could've had an effect on throwing...cuz i noticed on all 4 of Meyers passes they were thrown long just like thorson wass tonight. There were times that it looked like ostrom was open, and just needed a little better throw....but hey everyone has an off night...thorsons a good qb, he'll do better next game...overall great effort by hillsboro they were truly the better team tonight.

Everyone on this board was wondering who would be the first FSHP kid to give reasons why their unstoppable football team was soundly defeated.  Congratulations, you're the winner.

According to itsallabouteddie, your defense allows over 400 yards of rushing and you want to blame the game on the wind?  I can't wait until Midstokke tells us how it was a hard fought battle by both teams but Hillsboro just barely walked away with a win, and how FSHP will probably take them by four touchdowns in the playoffs because James Ihry is mad now and will run all over them next time.  Of course, it will be with far worse grammar though.

Judging by the stat line, it was fairly obvious that FSHP can't play with Hillsboro.
justbrowsing

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:37 am

I don't see BBallFan's comments as excuses. I just see them as observations on the game. It WAS windy, it DID affect the passing. And he praises Hillsboro with a dominating performance.

Sounds like he's being pretty gracious in defeat.....
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND KID » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:21 am

Hinsa wrote:I don't see BBallFan's comments as excuses. I just see them as observations on the game. It WAS windy, it DID affect the passing. And he praises Hillsboro with a dominating performance.

Sounds like he's being pretty gracious in defeat.....

Hinsa

I was just going to say the same thing, it looked like justbrowsing was trying to start something. It was a windy night in Finley and the best team won, I was very impressed with the Burro's, they pretty much did whatever they wanted to.

UND KID
UND KID

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:32 am

hey justbrowsing....i do beleive i said that hillsboro dominated the game. In ALL aspects. ALL i was saying was it was windy and it couldve affected some of his passes. I NEVER SAID THAT THEY WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME IF IT WASNT FOR THE WIND. IF YOUR ARE GOING TO COME ON HERE AND POST,, PLEASE DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. can fshp play with hillsboro, yes they can. they were playing with hillsboro, they were down 1 td most of the game but couldnt seem to get that one play here and there. Hillsboro was the better team and they showed it.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The stokker » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:35 am

justbrowsing wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:Ya it was an alright game....Hillsboro just dominated on all faces of the game...I was surprised that FSHP was able to stop Hillsboro pretty well in the first half holding them to only 10 points. Thorson ya ususally does a good job, but tonight just did have his accuracy he usually does. Not makin excuses...but it was windy out there tonight that could've had an effect on throwing...cuz i noticed on all 4 of Meyers passes they were thrown long just like thorson wass tonight. There were times that it looked like ostrom was open, and just needed a little better throw....but hey everyone has an off night...thorsons a good qb, he'll do better next game...overall great effort by hillsboro they were truly the better team tonight.

Everyone on this board was wondering who would be the first FSHP kid to give reasons why their unstoppable football team was soundly defeated.  Congratulations, you're the winner.

According to itsallabouteddie, your defense allows over 400 yards of rushing and you want to blame the game on the wind?  I can't wait until Midstokke tells us how it was a hard fought battle by both teams but Hillsboro just barely walked away with a win, and how FSHP will probably take them by four touchdowns in the playoffs because James Ihry is mad now and will run all over them next time.  Of course, it will be with far worse grammar though.

Judging by the stat line, it was fairly obvious that FSHP can't play with Hillsboro.

Actually ill tell you that Hillsboro was the better team tonight. Grothman is one heck of a player who couldn't be answeared. They really keyed in on stopping Ihry and Ostrom and it worked. They took the game wore out the lineman for FSHP and Hillsboro is gonna be a really really tuff team to beat in the playoffs.

P.S. He said not to make excuses so don't be all jumpy on him there
The stokker

Postby The Schwab » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:41 am

[font=verdana]Congratulations Hillsboro......Grothman was a machine.....he set the tone early in the game with the crack back he had on Dillan.....that was a hit......to me it looked as if the FSHP team wasn't as "Jacked" up as i thought they would be for the game. They came out very flat....Hillsboro was BY FAR the better team on that field, their quarterback showed alot of poise...their rushing game was unbelieveable....and down the road in the fourth quarter if they get the ball needing to eat up some clock...you can mark it down as a win.....congratulations to Hillsboro...but i do agree that this might not be the last meeting between these two clubs
[/font]
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:47 am

BballFan1307 wrote:hey justbrowsing....i do beleive i said that hillsboro dominated the game. In ALL aspects. ALL i was saying was it was windy and it couldve affected some of his passes. I NEVER SAID THAT THEY WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME IF IT WASNT FOR THE WIND. IF YOUR ARE GOING TO COME ON HERE AND POST,, PLEASE DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. can fshp play with hillsboro, yes they can. they were playing with hillsboro, they were down 1 td most of the game but couldnt seem to get that one play here and there. Hillsboro was the better team and they showed it.

????  Judging by the box score and what posters have said on here, the only time FSHP was with-in one score was when the game was 0-0 and 3-0.  Otherwise, according to the box, FSHP was down 17-0, 17-8, 24-8, 24-14, and 30-14.  I'm not very good with numbers, but I don't see a one score difference there.  According to the radio this morning, rushing yardage was something like 450-20.  I'm just want to know how FSHP competed with Hillsboro last night because the stats certainly don't suggest that.  Heck, bballfan, you even said you were happy to only be down by 10 at the half....is that the definition of "playing with" someone?
justbrowsing

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:11 am

Last edited by BballFan1307 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:29 am

okay i'm sorry bud, 2 td's, it just seemed like they were still in the game. But they didnt deserve to win it. Hillsboro came out with way more momentum and excitement and it showed on the field. They manhandled FSHP all through the game. When FSHP did stop the burros on defense.....The Burro D stepped up huge and got the ball right back to their offense. The games over now, and if it were played again i'd pick burros by 2 td's again. They are the more physical and strong team, and i dotn see them being beat for a while. And yes how can you not be happy to only be down by 10 points at half to that good of a team? Especially after being completely dominated in the first half. ten points was still in reach, but the burros had an answer to everything. Great Win hillsboro.
Last edited by BballFan1307 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby blue steel » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:42 am

The Schwab wrote:[font=verdana]Congratulations Hillsboro......Grothman was a machine.....he set the tone early in the game with the crack back he had on Dillan.....that was a hit......to me it looked as if the FSHP team wasn't as "Jacked" up as i thought they would be for the game. They came out very flat....Hillsboro was BY FAR the better team on that field, their quarterback showed alot of poise...their rushing game was unbelieveable....and down the road in the fourth quarter if they get the ball needing to eat up some clock...you can mark it down as a win.....congratulations to Hillsboro...but i do agree that this might not be the last meeting between these two clubs
[/font]

I agree too. In my opinion there's a strong possibility of a couple region two rematches in the playoffs.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby the mask » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:33 pm

i will second that this will not be the last meeting between these teams in my opinion and grothman handled this team well as well as  the entire starting burro line up there wasn't one spot where the fshp spartans could hit them in a weak area. ..even though they did get a nice gain or td every now and then but not to often did the burro D give them anything
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby fb_fan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:56 am

I honestly don't think that FSHP will make it very far into the playoffs. That is my opinion. I think Wyndmere will beat them and they will end up a three seed and they will have to play another regions three seed. I believe the other three seeds out there are Oakes in Region one and Lakota in Region 3. Those teams can put points up in a hurry. This is all just my guess from watching high school football all year. They are an ok team, I just don't think they have enough powwer to go deep into the plaayoffs.
fb_fan

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:06 am

thats very possible, i dont know if they have enough strength to play with the top teams out there. If they can get past Wyndmere i would say they will make 2nd round. If not they will have a tough matchup...with i think Lakota and they are extremely powerful on offense
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dogg » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:34 pm

I seen more potential out the FSHP team earlier in the season. The coach was rotating players, so the starters could get breaks, etc and see where they could improve. The team looked really deep. But now I haven't seen that happening. There's some energy missing from the team that first started the season. Their end of the season could come soon.
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:17 pm

i agree...in the hillsboro game they had no excitement...after any good play that they did make it just seemed like they didnt get pumped up. Hillsboro on the other hand had alot of energy after every play. It seemed like Hillsboro just wanted the game more
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to 9 - Man