49. Midway-Minto-Colony 48.8

50. Surrey 49.2  
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:28 am

ND Football Guy wrote:9-Man Fewest Points Given Up Per Game - Through Week # 4

1. Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter 5.0

2. Edgeley-Kulm 6.4

wouldn't it be kind of funny if tonight's game was ngs 6, ek 5...i know i'd get a chuckle out of that.
rep

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:56 am

Too bad the only reason Napolean's up there, is because they leave their starters in for the whole game basically.  That list really doesn't say anything, I know if any of the top 5 rated teams left their starters in that long, it'd look a little different
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 am

Ocho Siete wrote:Too bad the only reason Napolean's up there, is because they leave their starters in for the whole game basically.  That list really doesn't say anything, I know if any of the top 5 rated teams left their starters in that long, it'd look a little different

i know in the first game of the season they had starters pulled by halftime. in the ek game they left them in, until the end, but that game was fairly close. haven't seen them otherwise this season.
rep

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:24 am

rep wrote:
Ocho Siete wrote:Too bad the only reason Napolean's up there, is because they leave their starters in for the whole game basically.  That list really doesn't say anything, I know if any of the top 5 rated teams left their starters in that long, it'd look a little different

i know in the first game of the season they had starters pulled by halftime. in the ek game they left them in, until the end, but that game was fairly close. haven't seen them otherwise this season.

Maybe I'm just speaking from last year....but I know back then they'd keep their starters in while they were beating a not so good team by 50s.  I've just heard they were doign the same, but I could be wrong
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indagame » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:13 pm

I dont think you know what you are talking about...This last friday night was the first time their starters played four quarters and that was because it was a huge game and was still close at the end....Napoleon has never once in the last 2 season kept their starters in after they are ahead by more than 30 some points....you need to find out you facts before you speak......their defense is just solid and thats that!
Last edited by Indagame on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indagame

Postby Indagame » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:39 pm

One other thing i would like to address is, why is it that no one can say anything positive about the strong team Napoleon has put together after losing a number of seniors. I really don't know why everyone is so negative toward Napoleon. the players play respectfully, the team is not an overly cocky one and the fans show a good amount of restraint after big plays, questionable calls or whatever it may be. i really feel everyone just wants to cut down whoever is on top at the time.
Indagame

Postby baseball » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Indagame wrote:One other thing i would like to address is, why is it that no one can say anything positive about the strong team Napoleon has put together after losing a number of seniors. I really don't know why everyone is so negative toward Napoleon. the players play respectfully, the team is not an overly cocky one and the fans show a good amount of restraint after big plays, questionable calls or whatever it may be. i really feel everyone just wants to cut down whoever is on top at the time.

its like that in every sport....schools in a class A town should be class A, schools with good history recruit....doenst matter what it is people will always find away to bash a time
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:25 pm

Indagame wrote:One other thing i would like to address is, why is it that no one can say anything positive about the strong team Napoleon has put together after losing a number of seniors. I really don't know why everyone is so negative toward Napoleon. the players play respectfully, the team is not an overly cocky one and the fans show a good amount of restraint after big plays, questionable calls or whatever it may be. i really feel everyone just wants to cut down whoever is on top at the time.

everything right there is true. Napoleon is not cocky at all. Fans never scream at refs or anything. One thing that did surprise me a lot at the edgeley game was that Napoleons fans never got very loud on the sidelines, like they werent very into the game. Napoleon does have a pretty solid team this year too, Mcleary is pretty fun to watch.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:33 pm

That's basically how it works, yeah. :P

All I'm saying is that's what Napolean did most of the time last year, and I have heard from people that they're doing the same this year.  Not that it's wrong, but it does explain why their opposition pts per game is the lowest, that's all I'm saying.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man