Legit State Title Contenders

The teams in 9 Man

Postby nordstde » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:10 am

As of right now, who are the 4 or 5 teams everyone thinks has a legit shot at taking State?

Here are my picks:

1. Napoleon

2. Mott

3. Divide County

4. Edgeley

5. North Border and Hillsboro (tie)
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:07 am

I think E-K, Divide Co, M-R, and whoever finishes 1-2 in Region 2.....probably Hillsboro and W-L have the best shot at a title.  I think NB, DP, and FSHP have an outside shot at it as well. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:25 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I think E-K, Divide Co, M-R, and whoever finishes 1-2 in Region 2.....probably Hillsboro and W-L have the best shot at a title.  I think NB, DP, and FSHP have an outside shot at it as well. 

no napoleon?
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:51 am

rep wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I think E-K, Divide Co, M-R, and whoever finishes 1-2 in Region 2.....probably Hillsboro and W-L have the best shot at a title.  I think NB, DP, and FSHP have an outside shot at it as well. 

no napoleon?

I think they have an outside shot at it as well.  I don't think they can get by E-K or the top 2 teams from Region 2, tho.  The east is going to be the most difficult to get through in the playoffs.  I think Divide Co and M-R will own the west in the playoffs and have an easy road to the semis if they don't meet up before that.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EagleFan#5 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:12 am

Isn't it wonderful when the region is tougher to get through than the state?
EagleFan#5

Postby justbrowsing » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:42 am

I'm guessing you're a NB Eagle fan so you already know about regions being tougher than the state as a whole - region 2 basketball every year has better teams/competition than the state tourney...regions 2 and 3 in nine man might be the same way this year
justbrowsing

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:45 am

I don't think region 2 basketball is better than the rest of the state.  Maybe 5-6 years ago for a bit, yeah, but definately not lately.  If it was that much better the state champ would be from region 2 almost every year.  For fball this year I will agree, tho.....regions 2 and 3 are by far the toughest.  There are 7 out of probably the top 12 teams in the state from those two regions alone.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:31 am

I would say Divide County, Edgeley, Napoleon and Mott are probably the top with Hillsboro also having a shot at it.
I do think Divide will be the state champion - but the biggest problem for them is lack of competition right now.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby EagleFan#5 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:39 am

This is true, Region 2 hasn't had the state b-ball champ every year but when you have to play teams of the caliber that we see over here you play some games in your district and regional tournament that can be as tough as your games in the state. I've watched many teams at the state tournament that would have came out 3rd or 4th in our districts and would have never had a chance to play at state.... Just my thoughts
EagleFan#5

Postby Wildcat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:04 pm

justbrowsing wrote:I'm guessing you're a NB Eagle fan so you already know about regions being tougher than the state as a whole - region 2 basketball every year has better teams/competition than the state tourney...regions 2 and 3 in nine man might be the same way this year

Region 7 last year in basketball - Hazen, Beulah, Killdeer and DIckinson Trinity...all in one District including a really good RIchardton team. It's hard to argue against Region 7 last year.

I know its a football topic, but I had to respond to that.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WHITE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:55 pm

nordstde wrote:As of right now, who are the 4 or 5 teams everyone thinks has a legit shot at taking State?

Here are my picks:

1. Napoleon

2. Mott

3. Divide County

4. Edgeley

5. North Border and Hillsboro (tie)

ic all thes teams are undefeated.... but i believe there are alot of 1 loss teams out there that are legitimit state contenders that can just as easily beat any of these teams... personally i think losing that 1st game gets alot of pressure off a team
"W-H-I-T...E"
"Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
WHITE
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:01 pm

Personally, I don't believe that a loss does a whole lot for a team. Yeah, it might take some pressure off, or it might put even more on them. It just depends on how they react to it. It doesn't improve their chances of going all the way. In order for a 9-Man team to go all the way these days you have to have 3 things. Talent, coaching and health. Yeah, there are many other characteristics that go along with being a great team, but they all fall under one of those categories.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:26 am

Mott - Regent

Divide co.

Edgley- Kulm

Hillsboro

Nobody from region three because they have some nasty parings in the playoffs.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:22 am

have u seen a bracket? or know the pairings? I havent seen them anywhere.....
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:46 am

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:57 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:9-Man Playoffs Bracket Form

I dont think thats the right one, on the bottom he wrote that he couldnt find one, so he just put  one together......
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:06 am

So here is how it most likely will play out for region #3

Lakota will win VS Region 1 #3 so then Lakota will have to play North Border again which will not be an easy game for North Border.

Region 3  #2 does not get a bye so Dakota Prairie will have to play Hankinson in the first round.

Region 3 # 4 will have to play Hope - Page -F/S Or Wyndmere Lidgerwood.

Whoever advances between Lakota and North Border will either have to play Napoleon or Edgley Kulm in the next round.

If Dakota Prairie advances they will have to play Napoleon or Edgley-Kulm in the next round.

So if you are from region 3 you have to go through region 1 and 2 wich are very tough in the top two in region 1 and the top 4 in region 2.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:11 am

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PLAY-OFF FORMAT[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9-Man – First Round, Oct. 16 [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Region 3#1 vs. Bye
Region 1#3 vs. Region 2#3
Region 1#2 vs. Bye
Region 3#2 vs. Region 2#4
Region 2#1 vs. Bye
Region 3#3 vs. Region 1#4
Region 1#1 vs. Bye
Region 2#2 vs. Region 3#4
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Region 5#1 vs. Bye
Region 4#3 vs. Region 6#3
Region 6#2 vs. Bye
Region 5#2 vs. Region 4#4
Region 4#1 vs. Bye
Region 5#3 vs. Region 6#4
Region 6#1 vs. Bye
Region 4#2 vs. Region 5#4
[/font]

This is off the North Dakota HSAA its the same as the bracket I posted earlier
Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:26 pm

1. Edgeley even though they lost to napoleon tonight...but they were ahead the whole game till the last couple of minutes.

2. Napoleon

3. Mott-Regent

Edgeley will come away with the championship.
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:50 pm

Typical, everybody forgets about the rest of the state. Wait until Divide gets to playoffs.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:00 pm

So Divide County is the rest of the state?  There's a team from the west no one has talked about on here for quite awhile.  Central McClean is a one loss team that could make some noise come playoffs.  I think the Maroons better keep an eye on them.
Last edited by Pfenix on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:29 am

Please don't put words in my mouth. I hope Divide Co. gets a shot at Central McClean again. If Divide ends up as a #1 seed and CMC gets the #3 seed, they would likely meet in the second round. That would mean they would have to go up to Crosby. That would be very sweet redemption for those boys from Divide.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Ticket » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 am

I would put my money on CM no matter where they play.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:42 pm

I'm sure you would big guy. I REALLY, REALLY hope Divide gets to play CMC again.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indagame » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:43 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong but what good is a lead if you can't hang on to it, sportsmarketing20?

Last edited by Indagame on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indagame

Next

Return to 9 - Man