Legit State Title Contenders

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ticket0115 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:17 pm

I guess i took it different when he said sweet redemption. The west is unfolding i think Divide County and Mott Regent are both legit title contenders. Williams County and CMC both have small shots at making it through the tought west region bracket.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:20 pm

You dont sound very confident in you, or your team evan. Or  maybe you're trying to be humble about your team in a different kind of way.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Well its tough to say which team will show up on a given night. If we play good football like we can it will be a close game with anyone if we dont we can get beat by Mott by 20 +.  I didnt get to play the first game against mott along with the starting halfback so im not sure how we would match up with them at full power i look forward to the postseason and hope we get a shot at divide because it would be a heck of a football game.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:25 pm

I really believe there are 4 teams in Region 2 that are legitimate contenders for the title - FSHP, Hillsboro, W-L, and Hankinson. There is so little separating these 4 that any one of them could make a run to the title game.

However, it is hard to say just how these 4 compare against the elite of other regions. If memory serves me correctly - and please do correct me if I'm wrong - none of the 4 have played any of the elite teams from any other regions.

Of course, that makes for some interesting blogging of opinions. I'll go out on a limb and say that Hillsboro is the best of the east. I just don't think Napoleon is as rock-solid as they were last year. Make no mistake: Napoleon still has some great athletes, but they don't have the size they did last year. And I don't think Region 3 is as strong as Region 1 or 2. That's just my take on the situation based on watching scores.

As for the west, it's interesting reading the discussion on the strength of teams out there. Were there any early season east-west matchups that shed any light on relative strength between east-west?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:27 pm

sapp_jr_99 wrote:Ya, i was right in front of that play. So edgeley would have had the ball at like the 25 yard line or something, then theyd have a lot of momentum off of that and i think they woulda scored in a few plays not giving napoleon much time, and if edgeley woulda scored on the two point conversion they woulda won by two. Even though Napoleon would've had a lot of time to score, but they aren't that great of a throwing team.

anyways edgeley was down in the dumps after that dropped pass...if they would have caught it than they most likely would have converted and played with some intensity to keep napoleon from scoring...because when napoleon scored again...the rebels didnt really care..cause they knew that they had lost already!!! am i right?
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:30 pm

imperials wrote:what IF gross doesn't fumble on the 5 yard line in first quarter napoleon wins by more than 14.

yeh..but he DID fumble. there is no IF's
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:35 pm

sportsmarketing20 wrote:anyways edgeley was down in the dumps after that dropped pass...if they would have caught it than they most likely would have converted and played with some intensity to keep napoleon from scoring...because when napoleon scored again...the rebels didnt really care..cause they knew that they had lost already!!! am i right?

hey buddy dont talk to him about using if's when you just did! they didnt catch the pass No if's about it! :)
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to 9 - Man