Dakota prairie 56 Lakota 52

The teams in 9 Man

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:00 am

What a score, that was a huge win for Dakota Prairie beating their biggest rival at home and keeps them alive for a region championship.

who was at the game and what are official stats if you can get them.

Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:32 am

Arguably the greatest high school game I have ever seen.  The first half Lakota could of did whatever they wanted too.  DP gave them the ball with 4 turnovers in the first half.  With a Lakota 46 to DP 28 score at half time. The second half, DP came out, switched their defensive scheme.  They held Lakota to only one score in the second half.  The offensive line did a great job in the second half giving Nichols time to throw.  I would say for Lakota, Johannson ran for 250+ and Olderbaak threw for around 200 and ran for maybe 100.  For Dakota Prairie,  Severson didn't carry the ball much after his 45 yard TD run, he probably had 50 yards rushing with 40 yards receving.  Tyler Luehring had 4 catches 160 yards and 3 tds.  Kyle Lamb also went over a hundred yards.  Seth Frederick and Mitchell Brodell came up with the big catches at the end.  Mitch scored the final TD with 10 seconds left to complete the come back.  I would say it was the best game I have seen and this proved that Nichols is one of the top QB's in the state.  I heard on the radio he went like 25 for 35 and 350 passing with 4 td's.  Plus he had 2 rushing td's. 

I would say their will be a tie for first place if both these teams keep winning the rest of the year.  I personally thinkg Lakota is 14 points better then North Border.  It will be a good game in the Alerus, but I dont think that North Border has the offense to compete with Lakota.  Lakota's strength is lining up and running behind Chris Hourth and Tyler Calderwood.  They to a very good job at it.  Johannson can flat out fly, he hits the wholes hard, and once he gets space, hes gone.  Olderbaak is a decent passer, but hes more effective making plays with this feet.  Hes tough to contain.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ricky bobby » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:59 am

hoerth from lakota got injured during the game too- concussion that could possibly keep him out for the season
Last edited by ricky bobby on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby meatball » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:52 pm

i think dp had about 400 yards passing and about 150 rushing
meatball

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Arguably the greatest high school game I have ever seen.  The first half Lakota could of did whatever they wanted too.  DP gave them the ball with 4 turnovers in the first half.  With a Lakota 46 to DP 28 score at half time. The second half, DP came out, switched their defensive scheme.  They held Lakota to only one score in the second half.  The offensive line did a great job in the second half giving Nichols time to throw.  I would say for Lakota, Johannson ran for 250+ and Olderbaak threw for around 200 and ran for maybe 100.  For Dakota Prairie,  Severson didn't carry the ball much after his 45 yard TD run, he probably had 50 yards rushing with 40 yards receving.  Tyler Luehring had 4 catches 160 yards and 3 tds.  Kyle Lamb also went over a hundred yards.  Seth Frederick and Mitchell Brodell came up with the big catches at the end.  Mitch scored the final TD with 10 seconds left to complete the come back.  I would say it was the best game I have seen and this proved that Nichols is one of the top QB's in the state.  I heard on the radio he went like 25 for 35 and 350 passing with 4 td's.  Plus he had 2 rushing td's. 

I would say their will be a tie for first place if both these teams keep winning the rest of the year.  I personally thinkg Lakota is 14 points better then North Border.  It will be a good game in the Alerus, but I dont think that North Border has the offense to compete with Lakota.  Lakota's strength is lining up and running behind Chris Hourth and Tyler Calderwood.  They to a very good job at it.  Johannson can flat out fly, he hits the wholes hard, and once he gets space, hes gone.  Olderbaak is a decent passer, but hes more effective making plays with this feet.  Hes tough to contain.
I think you are about 8 points ahaed for both teams on the halftime score.  I thought it was 38-20 at halftime.  Either way, this game was amazing.  Myself, Schwab, and Wombat went to this game and seriously considered leaving at halftime.  They don't say "Never leave a game early" for nothing!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Arguably the greatest high school game I have ever seen.  The first half Lakota could of did whatever they wanted too.  DP gave them the ball with 4 turnovers in the first half.  With a Lakota 46 to DP 28 score at half time. The second half, DP came out, switched their defensive scheme.  They held Lakota to only one score in the second half.  The offensive line did a great job in the second half giving Nichols time to throw.  I would say for Lakota, Johannson ran for 250+ and Olderbaak threw for around 200 and ran for maybe 100.  For Dakota Prairie,  Severson didn't carry the ball much after his 45 yard TD run, he probably had 50 yards rushing with 40 yards receving.  Tyler Luehring had 4 catches 160 yards and 3 tds.  Kyle Lamb also went over a hundred yards.  Seth Frederick and Mitchell Brodell came up with the big catches at the end.  Mitch scored the final TD with 10 seconds left to complete the come back.  I would say it was the best game I have seen and this proved that Nichols is one of the top QB's in the state.  I heard on the radio he went like 25 for 35 and 350 passing with 4 td's.  Plus he had 2 rushing td's. 

I think you are about 8 points ahaed for both teams on the halftime score.  I thought it was 38-20 at halftime.  Either way, this game was amazing.  Myself, Schwab, and Wombat went to this game and seriously considered leaving at halftime.  They don't say "Never leave a game early" for nothing!

so do you still think they are 14 points better or that NB does not have a offense to keep up.    I would beg to differ after seeing the game in the alerus. 
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:58 pm

toughregion2 wrote:

so do you still think they are 14 points better or that NB does not have a offense to keep up.    I would beg to differ after seeing the game in the alerus.
I think all three teams are very even with Dakota Prairie, North Border, and Lakota.  North Border is 2-0 against the other two, Dakota Prairie is 1-1 while Lakota is 0-2.  North Border won by 5 against Lakota and 2 against DP.  DP beats Lakota by 4 points so there is really no saying any of the teams is 14 points better than the other.  Any of these three teams could beat any of the others in the playoffs if they meet.  More then likely North Border and Dakota Prairie will meet in the quarterfinals and if Lakota can get by Hillsboro AND Napoleon it will set up another meeting with one of the other two teams.  Lakota has the toughest road to a re-match with NB or DP and if any of these three teams make it to the fargodome there is a good chance they will take home the state championship in my opinion.  I've seen Lakota and DP play twice and North Border play 3 or 4 times.  I don't know how good the teams on the bottom half of the bracket are but it looks more like the top half of the region is the tougher competition but that is my opinion.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby blue steel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:50 pm

toughregion2 wrote:

I think all three teams are very even with Dakota Prairie, North Border, and Lakota.  North Border is 2-0 against the other two, Dakota Prairie is 1-1 while Lakota is 0-2.  North Border won by 5 against Lakota and 2 against DP.  DP beats Lakota by 4 points so there is really no saying any of the teams is 14 points better than the other.  Any of these three teams could beat any of the others in the playoffs if they meet.  More then likely North Border and Dakota Prairie will meet in the quarterfinals and if Lakota can get by Hillsboro AND Napoleon it will set up another meeting with one of the other two teams.  Lakota has the toughest road to a re-match with NB or DP and if any of these three teams make it to the fargodome there is a good chance they will take home the state championship in my opinion.  I've seen Lakota and DP play twice and North Border play 3 or 4 times.  I don't know how good the teams on the bottom half of the bracket are but it looks more like the top half of the region is the tougher competition but that is my opinion.

I disagree about the top half being tougher. And i also don't know about saying there's a good chance of a region three team winning the state championship if they make it. have you seen any of the teams out west or are you just making random predictions?
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:17 pm

blue steel wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:

I disagree about the top half being tougher. And i also don't know about saying there's a good chance of a region three team winning the state championship if they make it. have you seen any of the teams out west or are you just making random predictions?

Have you seen the teams out west? Or the teams from Region 3? or anything?  Atleast he's showing creditability with scores and stats.  Hes just stating an opinion. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:07 pm

Here's a stat: Region 3 vs. Region 2 in head to head matchups, including the playoffs: Region 2 leads with a 6-2 record.

That's gotta say something about the relative strength of the regions. Now you need to go a bit deeper and look at who played who:

Region 2 has 2 wins against Midway/Minto, but Region 3 has one win against Barnes County North. Both of those teams finished at the bottom of their respective regions. So even if you throw out wins against the bottom of the leagues, Region 2 is still up 5-1.

Among playoff teams, Region 2 still leads 3-1 - Hillsboro beat Thompson and FSHP has beaten Thompson twice now. DP owns a win over Richland.

So what does all that tell you? That we have very little hard data to compare the top 3 of each region against each other.

So let the opinions continue!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Braveheart » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:54 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:

Have you seen the teams out west? Or the teams from Region 3? or anything?  Atleast he's showing creditability with scores and stats.  Hes just stating an opinion. 

And Blue Steel was just stating an opinion.
Last edited by Braveheart on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braveheart

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:26 pm

Braveheart wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:

And Blue Steel was just stating an opinion.
So do you think that Region 3 has no shot at winning state if they make it there?  I know I haven't seen the teams out west play this year but I've seen the best of Region 3 multiple times and am very impressed by them.  If Lakota can get through Hillsboro, Napoleon and DP/NB/EK whomever makes it out them would have them playing very well and would be able to handle whomever comes out of the west who from what i've heard will very well be Divide County.  Don't get so defensive it's my opnion and you are making it sound like I'm predicting the St. Louis Rams to win the superbowl.  I don't think the teams out west are so much better then the ones in the East that the east won't have a chance.  I personally think this year the east is stronger then the west, but that's my opinion so please don't get defensive over this.  Thanks pakkyzoo for showing some sense of intelligence.  Blue Steel's didn't really make any predictions or anything he just bashed my opinion and didn't take a stance on anything.  He didn't mention any teams just said "the teams out west."  So what teams out west are going to be impossible to beat?
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:28 pm

Hinsa wrote:Here's a stat: Region 3 vs. Region 2 in head to head matchups, including the playoffs: Region 2 leads with a 6-2 record.

That's gotta say something about the relative strength of the regions. Now you need to go a bit deeper and look at who played who:

Region 2 has 2 wins against Midway/Minto, but Region 3 has one win against Barnes County North. Both of those teams finished at the bottom of their respective regions. So even if you throw out wins against the bottom of the leagues, Region 2 is still up 5-1.

Among playoff teams, Region 2 still leads 3-1 - Hillsboro beat Thompson and FSHP has beaten Thompson twice now. DP owns a win over Richland.

So what does all that tell you? That we have very little hard data to compare the top 3 of each region against each other.

That was some good stuff you had their other then the Midway-Minto stat.  M-M didn't win one game this year and would've lost to whoever they played unless theres another 0-8 team out there.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:50 am

Hinsa wrote:Here's a stat: Region 3 vs. Region 2 in head to head matchups, including the playoffs: Region 2 leads with a 6-2 record.

That was some good stuff you had their other then the Midway-Minto stat.  M-M didn't win one game this year and would've lost to whoever they played unless theres another 0-8 team out there.

Understood. That's why I made note that 2 of the Region 2 wins were against MM - they don't really carry much weight in evaluating region vs region strength. Same with the win over Barnes - they were winless as well.

By the way, when you throw out those wins Region 2 leads 4-1, not 5-1; my bad.

As for Blue Steel's post, I didn't read it as defensive. It just looked to me like Blue was wondering about the strength of west vs east. Truth be told, it looks like you got a bit defensive.

Hey, this site is all about opinion. That's what makes it fun. No one needs to get defensive - just come back with your opinion and keep the discussion rolling!  :)
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:29 am

Hinsa wrote:

Understood. That's why I made note that 2 of the Region 2 wins were against MM - they don't really carry much weight in evaluating region vs region strength. Same with the win over Barnes - they were winless as well.

By the way, when you throw out those wins Region 2 leads 4-1, not 5-1; my bad.

As for Blue Steel's post, I didn't read it as defensive. It just looked to me like Blue was wondering about the strength of west vs east. Truth be told, it looks like you got a bit defensive.

Hey, this site is all about opinion. That's what makes it fun. No one needs to get defensive - just come back with your opinion and keep the discussion rolling!  :)

Heres a comparison to look at.  Region 2's number 2 seed got a run for their money by Region 3's number 4. Hope v. Thompson. 

Region 3's number 2 got all they could handle with Region 2's number 4.  Richland v. Dakota Prairie.

Now tell me what does this show?  Equalness?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:09 am

I don't think there is any way around it - you can throw the top teams in Region 3 and 2 in a hat and pick 'em.

So if you are looking for an edge you have to look at intangibles, such as home field, injuries, byes, etc.

Home field - North Border, Hillsboro, DP, and Napoleon.

Injuries - Napoleon's Laber may be out, Hillsboro's tailback Smelden is out.

Byes - NB, Hillsboro, Napoleon, and EK.

Face it, every one of the teams left in the playoffs has strengths they can play to and you can make a case for any one of them winning in this next round. That's what makes the playoffs so fun - great teams playing each other!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:31 am

Hinsa wrote:I don't think there is any way around it - you can throw the top teams in Region 3 and 2 in a hat and pick 'em.

So if you are looking for an edge you have to look at intangibles, such as home field, injuries, byes, etc.

Home field - North Border, Hillsboro, DP, and Napoleon.

Injuries - Napoleon's Laber may be out, Hillsboro's tailback Smelden is out.

Byes - NB, Hillsboro, Napoleon, and EK.

Face it, every one of the teams left in the playoffs has strengths they can play to and you can make a case for any one of them winning in this next round. That's what makes the playoffs so fun - great teams playing each other!

I agree - anyone can win this thing. It is going to be very exciting.
ifoughtpiranhas

Return to 9 - Man