Griggs County predictions?

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Soulja » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:51 am

I live in Cooperstown at the moment and intend to support the team.   How are they projected to finish?

thx

Any comments?

Soulja
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:13 am

I think GCC could possibly be a playoff team this year, even tho they play in the toughest region in the state this year.  I coached a lot of these kids in JH and could tell they were going to be good football athletes when they got older.  This year they lost some starters because of dissolving the co-op with Finley, but they should still field a very decent team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Griggs co. already has won more games than I thought they would this year after losing the coop with finley sharon.

Friday nights matchup with BCN will be a pretty good indicator of who the bottom two teams will be in region 2.

If BCN can't pull off a win against Griggs co. they will be winless this year.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Soulja » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:59 pm

Yeah, I am gonna go check them out tomorrow evening.   Hope it is good game (BCN).  You coached the GCC kids?  Where?
ndlionsfan wrote:I think GCC could possibly be a playoff team this year, even tho they play in the toughest region in the state this year.  I coached a lot of these kids in JH and could tell they were going to be good football athletes when they got older.  This year they lost some starters because of dissolving the co-op with Finley, but they should still field a very decent team.
Soulja
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 pm

I used to teach at Finley and coached JH fball in the co-op.  I've worked with the Soph, Jr, and Srs that are playing for GCC right now.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Soulja » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:28 pm

Cool, yah should be interesting to watch the game.   Cooper needs a better facility to host events on.   This crap is a joke.  Oh well.....   lol

I am off for now.   thanks for the info.

M †
Soulja
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sports guy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:28 am

Soulja wrote:Yeah, I am gonna go check them out tomorrow evening.   Hope it is good game (BCN).  You coached the GCC kids?  Where?
ndlionsfan wrote:I think GCC could possibly be a playoff team this year, even tho they play in the toughest region in the state this year.  I coached a lot of these kids in JH and could tell they were going to be good football athletes when they got older.  This year they lost some starters because of dissolving the co-op with Finley, but they should still field a very decent team.

Well when you start all sophmores and a freshman and a senior that has never played before  it will be a tough year
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:58 am

I'm pretty sure most of their starters are JUNIORS this year, except for Ott at RB who is a Soph.  I know they didn't have much in the class that are Seniors this year and the class that are now Sophs was somewhat small but had some good athletes.  Their Junior class is where most of their numbers are and pretty much all of their talent.  I still think GCC can contend for that #4 seed out of the region, but will need to pull off an upset and get a little help, too.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sports guy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:19 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I'm pretty sure most of their starters are JUNIORS this year, except for Ott at RB who is a Soph.  I know they didn't have much in the class that are Seniors this year and the class that are now Sophs was somewhat small but had some good athletes.  Their Junior class is where most of their numbers are and pretty much all of their talent.  I still think GCC can contend for that #4 seed out of the region, but will need to pull off an upset and get a little help, too.

I was talking about BCN.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:10 am

My bad.....sounded like you were talking about GCC
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:09 pm

GCC beat BCN tonight 24-8.
8-0 GCC at the half - 16-8 midway through 4th.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:58 pm

final score 24-8. bcn turned it over 4 or 5 times tonight. that really killed them. both teams are young. both should be good in a year or two
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the mask » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:34 pm

i will agree with that comment on the part taht says bcn will be good in af ew years their entire lineup is mainly sophmore freshman combo but cooperstown is junior senior sophmore and graduating a few of their main athletes so i will say cooper will be no better in the next few years then this year bcn will improve tremendously over the next two years...not saying your wrong so nothing against you bud just waht im thinkin since i played with them both
Last edited by the mask on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man