Predictions for final Region standings

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:38 am

Let's see some people predict the final standings for your region now that we've seen some of the teams play and how they stack up.  Here is mine for Region 4....

NCB 7-0 (8-0 overall)

TGU 6-1 (6-2)

St. John 5-2 (6-2)

Wells Co 4-3 (4-4)

Maddock 3-4 (4-5)

Northstar 2-5 (2-6)

TriCounty 1-6 (1-7)

Dunseith 0-7 (0-8)

I think TGU and St John could flip flop because it could be a close game when they meet head to head.  I also think Maddock could beat Wells and take the #4 spot, but they could also end up losing to Northstar and/or TriCounty and slip a spot or two. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hunterlaf » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:44 am

here it is

Divide County 8-0

Berthold 7-1

Williams county 6-2

Westhope/NewBurg 5-4

Parshall/White Sheild 4-4

Glenburn 3-5

Surrey 0-8

Trenton 0-8

there it is
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Hunterlaf wrote:here it is

Divide County 8-0

Berthold 7-1

Williams county 6-2

Westhope/NewBurg 5-4

Parshall/White Sheild 4-4

Glenburn 3-5

Surrey 0-8

Trenton 0-8

there it is

First of all you forgot MLS, and second, you somehow have Westhope playing 9 games to everybody else's 8. How does that work?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby yoyo08 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:17 pm

either trenton or surrey is gonna win a game. you cant have to 0-8 teams in the same region. get your facts straight.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:10 pm

Region 6

Mott/Regent  8-0
Central McClean 7-1
Hettinger 6-2
Richardton-Taylor 5-3
Heart River 4-4
Washburn 3-5
Center-stanton 2-6
Wilton-Wing 1-7
Shiloh Christian 0-8

Hettinger's got two tough games at the end of the Regular season Against CM and M/R.  I don't think they'll come out of either with a win.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hunterlaf » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:13 am

sorry i ment 5-3 for westhope and 1-7 for surrey
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:50 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Let's see some people predict the final standings for your region now that we've seen some of the teams play and how they stack up.  Here is mine for Region 4....

NCB 7-0 (8-0 overall)

TGU 6-1 (6-2)

St. John 5-2 (6-2)

Wells Co 4-3 (4-4)

Maddock 3-4 (4-5)

Northstar 2-5 (2-6)

TriCounty 1-6 (1-7)

Dunseith 0-7 (0-8)

I think TGU and St John could flip flop because it could be a close game when they meet head to head.  I also think Maddock could beat Wells and take the #4 spot, but they could also end up losing to Northstar and/or TriCounty and slip a spot or two. 

After last week's upsets I thought my predictions wouldn't even be close anymore.  Now after this week, I think my predictions will be correct.  St. John can't finish anywhere below #2 barring a major upset.  If TGU beats St. John, there will be a 3 way tie for #1 and I believe NCB will hold the tiebreak, St. John #2, and TGU #3.  If St John wins, obviously they have the region crown.  TGU can finish no better than #3.  Maddock holds the tiebreak over TriCounty and Northstar should they finish tied for #4 which will probably be the case.  None of those 3 teams has played Wells yet, but I don't think Wells will factor in the playoff chase like I thought they could.  Wells could pull of an upset and knock someone out, tho.  I think Maddock takes the #4 seed.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:46 am

Region 5 should go like this.

1. Divide County - 8-0 - State Champion

2. Williams County - 7-1

3. Berthold - 6-2

4. Westhope-Newburg - 5-3

5. MLS - 4-4

6. Glenburn- 3-5

7. Parshall - 2-6

8. Surrey - 1-7

9. Trenton - 0-8 - Forfeited their season by co-oping with Trinity Christian during week 2 of season.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:40 am

Region 2 is really going to be competitive coming down the home stretch. Hillsboro, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Hankinson-Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah, and Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page are all neck and neck. One key injury anywhere could decide this race. That being said, here's how they'll finish based on how these teams look today:

1. Hillsboro
  2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
  3. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page
  4. Hankinson-Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah
  5. Richland
  6. Griggs County Central-Midkota
  7. Northern Cass
  8. Barnes County North
Puetz from W-L is an absolutely phenomenal high school football talent - incredibly elusive with a plus arm. So is Grothmann from Hillsboro. When Hillsboro needed yards against W-L Grothmann would just drag or knock people out of his way until he had a first down.

1-4 in these predictions could easily become 4-1 if there are any injuries to key players. These teams are as close as close can be. Hillsboro beats W-L by one, F-S-H-P beats H-F-C-T by one touchdown.

It's going to be an incredibly exciting finish in this region. There is NO OTHER REGION that can possibly be this competitive, 1-4. :)
Last edited by Hinsa on Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:30 am

BB11 wrote:Region 5 should go like this.

1. Divide County - 8-0 - State Champion

2. Williams County - 7-1

3. Berthold - 6-2

4. Westhope-Newburg - 5-3

5. MLS - 4-4

6. Glenburn- 3-5

7. Parshall - 2-6

8. Surrey - 1-7

9. Trenton - 0-8 - Forfeited their season by co-oping with Trinity Christian during week 2 of season.

I agree accept that MLS will topple W-N for the fourth playoff spot. That game will be played this coming weekend so we'll see, but I know W-N is really hurting right now for athletes. Someone told me they have 17 kids out, albeit only like two seniors. I still think M-L-S will edge them out, because they have the kids and the young talent. It's a game that could go either way, but I'm just stating who I think will win. MLS 34, W-N 28
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunterlaf » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:31 am

no way parshall will beat both westhope and mls
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:44 am

[user=2702]Hunterlaf[/user] wrote:
no way parshall will beat both westhope and mls

Upsets do happen - although I don't think they will in this case.
I agree with Wildcat that the Westhope-Newburg - MLS game this Friday is a huge one for both teams. MLS probably has a better crew of athletes overall - and Westhope has tradition and home-field on their side.
It should be a good match-up.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby RB/LB 34 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:12 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say that MLS has better athletes, but more of them. Like said previously, W-N is hurting for kids after losing a large senior class last year. If W-N had more kids out, the game would definately be a toss-up. But since MLS has the same caliber of athletes and more of them, I'm gonna say that they will wear down W-N and come away with a victory.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:14 pm

RB/LB 34 wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to say that MLS has better athletes, but more of them. Like said previously, W-N is hurting for kids after losing a large senior class last year. If W-N had more kids out, the game would definately be a toss-up. But since MLS has the same caliber of athletes and more of them, I'm gonna say that they will wear down W-N and come away with a victory.

Well said!
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nordstde » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:04 pm

Wow, this is great. People are actually talking about teams in the Northwest. Keep it up, I'm sick of hearing about the East all the time. As I've said before, Region 5 will come down to the Divide Co. and Williams Co. game on Oct. 12th. This is a huge matchup and I can't wait to watch it.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ginsbach » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Hinsa wrote:Region 2 is really going to be competitive coming down the home stretch. Hillsboro, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Hankinson-Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah, and Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page are all neck and neck. One key injury anywhere could decide this race. That being said, here's how they'll finish based on how these teams look today:
  1. Hillsboro
  2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
  5. Richland
  7. Northern Cass
  8. Barnes County North
Puetz from W-L is an absolutely phenomenal high school football talent - incredibly elusive with a plus arm. So is Grothmann from Hillsboro. When Hillsboro needed yards against W-L Grothmann would just drag or knock people out of his way until he had a first down.

1-4 in these predictions could easily become 4-1 if there are any injuries to key players. These teams are as close as close can be. Hillsboro beats W-L by one, F-S-H-P beats H-F-C-T by one touchdown.

It's going to be an incredibly exciting finish in this region. There is NO OTHER REGION that can possibly be this competitive, 1-4. :)

I find it funny that the team you have in fourth place in the region doesn't exist.

H-F-C-T is no more.  The team you're talking about is just Hankinson.  Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah broke off the co-op and went and joined Rosholt, SD.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:43 am

[user=3747]nordstde[/user] wrote:
Wow, this is great. People are actually talking about teams in the Northwest. Keep it up, I'm sick of hearing about the East all the time. As I've said before, Region 5 will come down to the Divide Co. and Williams Co. game on Oct. 12th. This is a huge matchup and I can't wait to watch it.

I know that you are a Divide County fan, and you'll be happy to hear my opinion on this. I've seen both teams play at least twice, and in my humble opinion I would say Divide should win the game by at least 20 pts. Williams, at this point in time, does not have enough weapons on either side of the ball to keep up with Divide - but a lot can change from now until then. If Divide happens to lose Ellison for any reason, that evens things out quite a bit. It should be a good game, but I just don't see Williams giving Divide a real scare.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:26 am

BB11 wrote:[user=3747]nordstde[/user] wrote:

I know that you are a Divide County fan, and you'll be happy to hear my opinion on this. I've seen both teams play at least twice, and in my humble opinion I would say Divide should win the game by at least 20 pts. Williams, at this point in time, does not have enough weapons on either side of the ball to keep up with Divide - but a lot can change from now until then. If Divide happens to lose Ellison for any reason, that evens things out quite a bit. It should be a good game, but I just don't see Williams giving Divide a real scare.

I agree and I'll tell you why. Divide County has blown out everybody this year and done so in dominating fashion. Williams County had a little trouble with MLS. True, it's only one game, but its really the only measuring stick we have thus far and I'm entitled to make a prediction. I think Napoleon and Edgeley-Kulm are the real deal in the East folks, and I'd put Divide County in that group and possibly at the top of it this year. They've looked excellent. I've heard some coaches say this is as good as Divide County team as they've had in some time. That being said, IMO, I don't think the game's going to be anything like the old Velva-Stanley rivalry or anything along that line. It won't be as close as people think, albeit WC doing better against them than anyone else did.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nordstde » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:27 am

The only big difference to me would be up front. I haven't watched Williams Co. yet, but I have heard they wouldn't be able to match up very well with Divide in the trenches. What do you think BB11?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:42 am

[user=3747]nordstde[/user] wrote:
The only big difference to me would be up front. I haven't watched Williams Co. yet, but I have heard they wouldn't be able to match up very well with Divide in the trenches. What do you think BB11?

Agreed - Divide is much bigger and much stronger up front on both sides. Williams has athletes - don't get me wrong - they are very talented -and will probably only get better by the time they play Divide - but they rely WAAAY to much on the athleticism of Lalim -as defenses get through their O-line on a regular basis. Divide doesn't allow that much penetration, which is a reason why Ellison's passing stats are as good as they are. Not knocking Ellison, I think he's a great player - I just don't think he's the best passing QB I've seen - but if you have 4 or 5 seconds to set and throw the ball because your line is so good - you should have good stats. So the main difference between the two is the O-line and D-line - which Divides is much, much better than WIlliams - and that's why Divide will win by 20. They will have time to get things done, and Williams won't.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:03 am

Ginsbach wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Region 2 is really going to be competitive coming down the home stretch. Hillsboro, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Hankinson-Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah, and Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page are all neck and neck. One key injury anywhere could decide this race. That being said, here's how they'll finish based on how these teams look today:
  1. Hillsboro
  2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
  5. Richland
  7. Northern Cass
  8. Barnes County North

I find it funny that the team you have in fourth place in the region doesn't exist.

H-F-C-T is no more.  The team you're talking about is just Hankinson.  Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah broke off the co-op and went and joined Rosholt, SD.

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the error. I've seen Hankinson listed this year as Hankinson, Hankinson-Fairmount, and HFCT, so thanks for clarifying.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ginsbach » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:57 am

Hinsa wrote:
Ginsbach wrote:
  1. Hillsboro
  2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
  5. Richland
  7. Northern Cass
  8. Barnes County North

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the error. I've seen Hankinson listed this year as Hankinson, Hankinson-Fairmount, and HFCT, so thanks for clarifying.

Haha, no problem.  It was kind of a sudden change, so it's understandable that you'd be confused.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:42 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Let's see some people predict the final standings for your region now that we've seen some of the teams play and how they stack up.  Here is mine for Region 4....

NCB 7-0 (8-0 overall)

TGU 6-1 (6-2)

St. John 5-2 (6-2)

Wells Co 4-3 (4-4)

Maddock 3-4 (4-5)

Northstar 2-5 (2-6)

TriCounty 1-6 (1-7)

Dunseith 0-7 (0-8)

The records are a bit different, but the order is almost completely correct.  St. John will either finish 1 or 2 (most likely 1) depending on the outcome of their game with TGU.  Wells County takes the 4 spot with a win over Northstar on Tuesday.  That means Maddock, Northstar, and TriCounty should all finish with identical records but Maddock holds the tiebreaker and Northstar beat TriCounty....Dunseith rounds out the pack.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man