Williams County Firestorm

The teams in 9 Man

Postby nordstde » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:10 am

I have been hearing alot about these guys. Mostly about how good they were in the Class A ranks for 4 or 5 years. They are now at the Nine Man level in Region 5. It will come down to them and Divide County for the top seed. I only know about a couple of their players this year. Tyler Lalim is a stud for them. I'm not sure if he is starting QB or RB, I'm pretty sure QB though. I know they will have plenty of athletes with high numbers, something like 35 players. But does anyone know if they have any size up front? I hear alot about the Schmidt twins, but from what I've seen they aren't really that big. Anyway, I've been wondering what they will have this year. Can anybody help me out?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bando » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:55 am

The Firestorm has been playing really well so far this year.  Tyler Lalim is their QB, and he has looked very good so far.  He was All State as a DB last year in the 11 man ranks.  Deland Weyrauch and Levi Solem play slots for the team, both are Ray kids.  Weyrauch is a burner, he did very well at the state track meet last spring.  Jason Hove is a powerful FB.  The line is very physical.  Frankly I am very shocked and disappointed that Williams County is not getting more respect in the 9 man polls.
Bando
NDPreps Reserve

Postby player10 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:20 am

Divide County's JV beat them so down with their Varcity.
player10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:08 am

What are you trying to say player10?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:51 pm

When you say slots Bando, you mean receivers right? Do they run alot of spread or what? Who plays up front for them, because it doesn't seem like they have alot of size, not that it's a bad thing. Who cares about the Polls? They don't mean anything. Look at this years for example. They have Berthold receiving votes. It makes me wonder if the voters look at who they have played, or if they just give them votes so they don't get mad. Berthold will make the playoffs, and then get trampled like they always do. And just because Williams Co. was 11-Man last year doesn't mean they are an automatic lock for the top 5. They have to earn their right to be up there. Give it some time and we'll see if they have what it takes to beat the big boys of 9-Man.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:23 pm

When he says slots he means like flankers actually. About a yard and a yard off the end. They run a lot out of Ace with two flankers and a fullback mostly.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:24 pm

sportsperson wrote:When he says slots he means like flankers actually. About a yard and a yard off the end. They run a lot out of Ace with two flankers and a fullback mostly.

like the 9-man equivalent of the navy offense?
rep

Postby Bando » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:49 am

I guess I need to be a little more descriptive.  By slots I meant like wings in a wing T type of offense.  Sorry about leaving you hanging.  GO FIRESTORM!!
Bando
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:52 pm

Hey Bando, what does Williams Co. have up front? Size, Age.. etc. As you might know already, I'm from Divide and can't wait for this game. Pretty sure the whole northwest part of the state will be at this one. October 12th, hope you're there, it will be a great game.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:46 pm

I watched them play westhope, their line didnt look that physical. They do have a speed with lalim, and if that weyrauch gets in the open field, hes gone.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man