who u got in this one fellas?..... should be alot of points put up in this one
"W-H-I-T...E"
"Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
WHITE
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:36 am

Turnovers, penalties, mistakes, that will be the difference in this game

whoever has the fewest of the above mentioned will win the game.

Dakota Prairie has choked in their biggest games over the years, I would like to see that change and see an outright region championship for them this year.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizzfan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:07 pm

I will take dakota prairie by 2 scores
grizzfan

Postby ndfan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:20 pm

I think North Border could give them a run for there money.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EagleFan#5 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:04 am

What is Dakota Prairie brining to the table? Rumor has it a decent running back and a fair sized line? I really believe the quickness of NB's line should help with the running back situation and TC in the QB position gives them an option to be a running team or to pass the ball... anytime you can do that it makes you a tough team to defend. I won't be one to put a prediction on the games outcome right now but North Border has played well in their first 2 games and I think they have very good odds against DP tonight....
EagleFan#5

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:07 am

DP brings all the same to the table Eagle Fan.  They have an excellent QB in Nichols that is one of the better passing QB's in the state and is also an excellent runner.  Their RB is very quick and shifty and is also a threat in the passing game.  Don't know about their line cause I'm not sure who they lost.  They run a spread offense that is very hard to defend.  Not sure about how they stack up on D compared to NB, tho.  I'm guessing this game will be a shootout with DP coming out on top by 1 TD.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nordstde » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:28 am

North Border should be able to give DP more than a "run for their money". They have plenty of talent to win this game. I'll take North Border, something like 32-26.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ricky bobby » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:33 am

its going to be a high scoring game but tight throughout
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby Brett Favre » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:38 pm

NB won 34-32.  Outstanding football game to watch.  Dakota Prairie moved the ball up and down the field, but couldn't finish drives and turned the ball over in key situations.  NB was up 34-16 in the 4th Q., and had to hold on for their dear lives with Dakota Prairie recovering an onside kick and having the ball inside the 30 with less than a minute left.  DP Quarterback played great all game, as well as Carpenter for NB.
Brett Favre

Postby nordstde » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:47 pm

Dang, I was close on the score. I figured it would be relatively high scoring like that. Nobody has been giving NB credit this year and I don't know why. Now some of you might have figured it out.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:12 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:DP brings all the same to the table Eagle Fan.  They have an excellent QB in Nichols that is one of the better passing QB's in the state and is also an excellent runner.  Their RB is very quick and shifty and is also a threat in the passing game.  Don't know about their line cause I'm not sure who they lost.  They run a spread offense that is very hard to defend.  Not sure about how they stack up on D compared to NB, tho.  I'm guessing this game will be a shootout with DP coming out on top by 1 TD.

After watching Nichols over or underthrow his recievers basically all night on friday I think that view of him isn't right.  He's a great athlete and good to have at the QB position but what I saw of him passing on friday didn't impress me at all.  North border had 5 td's total, 3 rushing and two passing, I think.  DP had 4 rushing touchdowns.  Nichols was constantly throwing over his receivers head in the game and once or twice he threw it well short.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:03 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:DP brings all the same to the table Eagle Fan.  They have an excellent QB in Nichols that is one of the better passing QB's in the state and is also an excellent runner.  Their RB is very quick and shifty and is also a threat in the passing game.  Don't know about their line cause I'm not sure who they lost.  They run a spread offense that is very hard to defend.  Not sure about how they stack up on D compared to NB, tho.  I'm guessing this game will be a shootout with DP coming out on top by 1 TD.

After watching Nichols over or underthrow his recievers basically all night on friday I think that view of him isn't right.  He's a great athlete and good to have at the QB position but what I saw of him passing on friday didn't impress me at all.  North border had 5 td's total, 3 rushing and two passing, I think.  DP had 4 rushing touchdowns.  Nichols was constantly throwing over his receivers head in the game and once or twice he threw it well short.

Come on now man, I bet Dakota Prairie had 250 yards more total offense then North Border did. Nichols came up with the big plays when he needed. I bet he had more passing yards then Carpenter and I know he had more rushing yards.  DP moved the ball up and down the field all night long.  The first half i think Coach Carpenter had a little bit to do with the game.  What I mean by that is penalties, DP would get to the 25 yard line and then the yellow flag would be tossed.  I think in the first half it wad 9 dp penalties to 1 north border penalty.  Lets be serious here.  DP lost this game with not even punting one time.  That tells you something. Im not saying the referees caused Dakota Prairie to loose, Im just saying it did affect the first half.  The second half was a great, some of the best football I've seen.  Im guessing if these two play against DP wins by atleast 14 points.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:03 am

Come on now man, I bet Dakota Prairie had 250 yards more total offense then North Border did. Nichols came up with the big plays when he needed. I bet he had more passing yards then Carpenter and I know he had more rushing yards.  DP moved the ball up and down the field all night long.  The first half i think Coach Carpenter had a little bit to do with the game.  What I mean by that is penalties, DP would get to the 25 yard line and then the yellow flag would be tossed.  I think in the first half it wad 9 dp penalties to 1 north border penalty.  Lets be serious here.  DP lost this game with not even punting one time.  That tells you something. Im not saying the referees caused Dakota Prairie to loose, Im just saying it did affect the first half.  The second half was a great, some of the best football I've seen.  Im guessing if these two play against DP wins by atleast 14 points.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:26 am

pakkyzoo wrote:

Your right he did...his team was obviously more disciplined than D.P if they only had 1 penalty to D.P's 9
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:39 am

I wasn't at the game or even have heard much about it, but Nichols could have had a bad game.  I saw him play twice last year and was extremely impressed with his abilities as a QB and I watch a lot of fball each year.  He was the best QB I saw all last year and I am not a DP fan either. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:47 am

pakkyzoo wrote:

As much as I hate to make someone who has a Miami Hurricane avatar (go canes!) I'm going to have to.  You obviously are one of the angry DP fans that think the reason Dakota Prairie was jumping offsides, false starting, doing illegal motion, or holding or anything else the refs call is Mr. Carpenter's fault.  It's not like basketball when you can dispute a foul or something.  If someone jumps offsides or holds or any of the other ones i named, you have to call it.  North Border had plenty of penalties themselves in the game they just were able to overcome it and not make mistakes in the red zone.  DP got slowed down after their first drive because north border played their best strength perfectly.  They stopped the option play after the first drive when it worked great and held it in check the whole game.  I don't think Nichols had more passing yards then Carpenter either.  They did have a load of yards but it doesn't really matter how many yards you have if you lose the game.  I'll agree 100% with Schwab on this one that if Mr. Carpenter had anything to do with that stat you put on there was that he did have a more disciplined team then DP's head coach.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Brett Favre » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:02 pm

I was at the game.  I'm with the DP fan, in the fact that whoever dogged Nichols game that night is completely wrong.  DP had over 550 yards of total offense, and Nichols was the main reason for the majority of those.  But as far as the penalty's go, there is no way carpenter could have had anything to do with it.  Many of the penalty's were illegal motion, because DP would send 2 guys in motion out of their 4 wide reciever sets.  That was the difference in the game.  DP outplayed NB the entire first half and 2nd half of the 4th quarter, but when it came down to it they were completely outcoached by NB. 
Brett Favre

Postby ricky bobby » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:01 am

Brett Favre wrote:I was at the game.  I'm with the DP fan, in the fact that whoever dogged Nichols game that night is completely wrong.  DP had over 550 yards of total offense, and Nichols was the main reason for the majority of those.  But as far as the penalty's go, there is no way carpenter could have had anything to do with it.  Many of the penalty's were illegal motion, because DP would send 2 guys in motion out of their 4 wide reciever sets.  That was the difference in the game.  DP outplayed NB the entire first half and 2nd half of the 4th quarter, but when it came down to it they were completely outcoached by NB. 

That happened once there guy
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:47 am

Brett Favre wrote:I was at the game.  I'm with the DP fan, in the fact that whoever dogged Nichols game that night is completely wrong.  DP had over 550 yards of total offense, and Nichols was the main reason for the majority of those.  But as far as the penalty's go, there is no way carpenter could have had anything to do with it.  Many of the penalty's were illegal motion, because DP would send 2 guys in motion out of their 4 wide reciever sets.  That was the difference in the game.  DP outplayed NB the entire first half and 2nd half of the 4th quarter, but when it came down to it they were completely outcoached by NB. 

OK I wasn't dogging Nichols game.  I said before in that post that I didn't think he was that great of a passing quarterback.  I think Nichols is an amazing athlete and great football player.  I think he could easily play college football at somewhere in the NCC, I just didn't think that the ONE GAME I saw him play this year that he had as good of a night throwing the ball as he could.  He was overthrowing his receivers on a lot of balls that if they were caught it would've huge play for DP.  You guys need to go through a read posts before you jump all over someone like that.  Some of the people on here are like the reporters in the media that get half the story and base there opinion on that.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:35 am

pakkyzoo wrote:

I actually saw the stat sheet for the game and the penalites in the first half were the same for both teams, so GOOD ONE.  North Border just capitalized on DP's penalties and DP didn't do anything when North Border got penalized.  This should be a great rematch if they do meet again in the playoffs.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to 9 - Man