The "Fan in the Stands" 9-Man Poll

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:28 am

Anyone want to make their picks for this week's 9-Man poll?  The North Dakota Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association release their poll this Wednesday night at 7pm.  Let's see your picks.

ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:43 am

ND Football Guy wrote:Anyone want to make their picks for this week's 9-Man poll?  The North Dakota Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association release their poll this Wednesday night at 7pm.  Let's see your picks.

1. Napolean - will be #1 until someone knocks them off

2. Divide Co - perennial contender and high expectations this year

3. Mott-Regent - one big win under their belt already

4. Lakota - return a lot from last year and one blowout win already

5. Williams Co - perennial big player in 11-man moving down to 9-man
Also receving votes.....
Dakota Prairie, Hillsboro, Edgely-Kulm, and Berthold (don't know if they're supposed to be that great, but 2 big blowout wins already will have someone voting for them)

"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:44 am

off the top of my head...

mott

divide

napoleon

edgeley

hillsboro

rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 am

Just a thought, but...

If someone want to make a poll with all the teams from 9 man, we could leave it up as a sticky post.  Throughout the year, members would be allowed to change their votes, but you can still only cast one vote at a time.  That would give us a running ndpreps poll. 

Now is anyone interested in posting all the teams?  I think there are 45 of them, we should include all of them to be fair.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:50 am

ND Football Guy wrote:Anyone want to make their picks for this week's 9-Man poll?  The North Dakota Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association release their poll this Wednesday night at 7pm.  Let's see your picks.

1. Napoleon

2. Mott-Regent

3. Divide Co.

4. Hillsboro

5. Edgley- Kulm

Others receiving votes.

North Central Benson, Lakota, Hankinson, Dakota Prairie, Wyndmere- Lidgerwood, North Border.

It's tough because Napoleon has to stay number 1 until someone knocks them off.

I had to place Edgley- Kulm because they will beat Napoleon this year. In the next three weeks region 3 will settle itself as Dakota Prairie plays Lakota and North border early in the season.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:54 am

i don't think napoleon has to be no. 1...it isn't the same team. way too many different players and a different coach. yes they are the defending state champions and still have some players back that contributed to that, but i think it is unfair to just throw them into the top spot.
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:56 am

rep wrote:i don't think napoleon has to be no. 1...it isn't the same team. way too many different players and a different coach. yes they are the defending state champions and still have some players back that contributed to that, but i think it is unfair to just throw them into the top spot.

I agree, but they will be.  They always seem to vote in the defending champ if they have some people back or another team that was at least in the semis the year before.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 am

I'll throw up an example of what I meant in the AA category.  I hate to disrupt this good thread started by ND Football Guy.

Sorry guys, I deleted some posts.  :(
Last edited by NDSportsFan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:03 am

Just a tidbit, same as Fargo South everyone said they'll go downhill becauseof how much power they lost last year. They whomped Williston who I think is usually pretty good, (maybe-maybe not). I too would think Napolean stays Number 1 until they're beaten. I dont follow them a lot so they may have lost or something but they always seem to be strong no matter what they lose. Just an opinion so don't blow a gasket here. Good Luck to all teams regardless.   :D
ndfootballwrestling

Postby COACHWEST » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:04 am

If you "consider" last year, then you need to consider who is returning from last year.  Divide seems to have the best returners...I'll put them at #1.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 am

What's Lakota look like this year? I saw in the pigskin that they return two 1000 yard rushers which'll usually help. That's about all I know though.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:59 am

Divide is legit this year. They might be hurt by the fact that they don't play very good competition at all besides Berthold and Williams Co., but their Juniors and Seniors have been around and played in plenty of big playoffs games. They will probably beat Berthold, and the Williams Co. game will decide the region. I don't want to jump ahead, so we will see what happens. This years team looks like they have more talent and athleticism than any of their teams since their State Title in 98'. Jr. QB Quin Ellison is a stud. He has all the tools that a star 9-Man QB needs and will only get better with time. They do have to replace their RB and FB, but they have never had a problem replacing talent. Their O-Line is very good, they have size and move very well. Ellison also has plenty of weapons to give the ball to. Sr. WR Dane Dhuyvetter looked really good, as well as Jr. FB/RB Austin Dhuyvetter. A couple of other players to watch out for is their RB tandem of Sr. Sonny Radenic and Jr. Aaron Windefaldet. To go with all of that, their defense is also very good. They have size and speed. A couple of players to watch are Sr. NT Clint Urvand, Sr. DE Blake Lampert and Jr. ILB Austin Dhuyvetter. With all of that said, I really hope they don't implode on me.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:12 am

sportsperson wrote:What's Lakota look like this year? I saw in the pigskin that they return two 1000 yard rushers which'll usually help. That's about all I know though.

Haven't seen them play yet this year, but last year they were talented and very physical and they return almost everyone.  Lost their QB last year so I don't know who they have to replace him, but they're other two backs return and are studs.  They have a stud linebacker in Hoerth, too.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:19 am

sportsperson wrote:What's Lakota look like this year? I saw in the pigskin that they return two 1000 yard rushers which'll usually help. That's about all I know though.

We find out how region three stacks up in the next two weeks

Dakota Prairie plays at North Border this friday then they have to play Lakota at home the next friday Sept. 7th

We will find out who is for real.  My gut feeling is that North Border and Dakota Prarie are a little deeper than Lakota but if Lakota stays healthy they will be tough to beat.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:25 am

I have a feeling DP will win the region this year.  They're offense is going to be very tough to stop and I think they will be pretty physical on D, too.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:47 am

without watching, and simply just reading i'll go with no particular order

Edgeley Kulm
Hillsboro
Divide County
Napoleon
Mott-Regent
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Pfenix » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:51 pm

1. Napoleon
2. Mott Regent
3. Edgeley Kulm
4. Divide County
5. Hillsboro

The official poll released on wensday. 
Last edited by Pfenix on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:28 pm

i dont think last years champ has to be no. 1 the year after it has happened many times that they would not be no 1 the following season
homer

Return to 9 - Man