Best Teams to watch this season

The teams in 9 Man

Postby nicholi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:45 am

who are going to be some of the best teams to watch this season, and who is going to surprise everyone?
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Hankinson looked pretty good beating Ellendale 22-10..Jamie Mauch had 2 nice catches that pretty much sealed the game when ellendale would get close.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 am

My votes are Mott, North Border and Divide County right now. I do have a hard time believing that Napolean and Central McClean are legit as of right now.
Last edited by nordstde on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:22 am

nordstde wrote:My votes are Mott, North Border and Divide County right now. I do have a hard time believing that Napolean and Central McClean are legit as of right now.

why napoleon?
rep

Postby nordstde » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:21 am

Heard from several people that Laber resigned as coach. If that is actually true, that will be a huge hit for them. I know they have plenty of talent and they more than likely go deep in the playoffs, I just don't think they can get over a loss like that (if it even happened).
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:12 am

yup...laber is gone...jon schiele is the skipper after 5 years or so as an assistant
rep

Postby nordstde » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 am

Wow, and you don't think that will hurt them at least a little?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:46 am

tough to say. when i watched them on saturday, basically they ran the same offense as they did in 06. mccleary and gross are tough rbs and weigel seems to have really stepped up in the offseason and will be a threat at tight end. i dare say he will equal grunefelder's production last year.

i think the one thing this team doesn't have, that last year's did, is depth. but otherwise, i think schiele knows the system and the kids know what to expect from him.

it probably wouldn't be as bad as, for instance, they had brought in a new coach who was trying to implement a different sytem  and didn't know any of the players.
rep

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Yeah Napoleon should be solid..if he was assistant for 5 years...should be able to step in. Whos goin to contend with them in the region? One team...Edgeley-Kulm REBELS thats it..
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:22 pm

I realize that the Napolean kids are very familiar with their new coach since he has been an assistant for 5 years. But, when it is crunch time, big game, does he have what it takes to fulfill the big expectations around there. I no way am I saying he isn't a good coach, but if you have someone like Laber leading you team for that long, you cannot replace his presence on the sidelines.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:09 pm

bisonslayer wrote:Yeah Napoleon should be solid..if he was assistant for 5 years...should be able to step in. Whos goin to contend with them in the region? One team...Edgeley-Kulm REBELS thats it..

i'm really curious to see who wins their game sept. 21...two real good teams going at it there.
rep

Postby nicholi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:25 pm

I saw edgeley play on saturday, and they looked tough, they were making some hard hits and when they were operating well, tgu didnt have a chance of stopping them, the game on the 21st will definitly be interesting
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man