question for AD/coaches----anyone?

The teams in 9 Man

Postby point/center » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Here's a legitimate question. Why would teams play a neutral field game such as the Biz Community bowl during the regular season? I'm guessing the teams have to cough up the rent/split gate and concessions at best?

I know a few years back they used to have regular season games in the Fargodome where a couple regions of 9man/A/AA would pay for a day and play 4-5 games in it.

When your a co-op each town might get 1 or 2 'home' games, so you're money making sport such as football takes a hit doesnt it? Am I missing something as to what the advantage is to giving up a possible home game for this?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:41 pm

umary pays the rent and then gives the players tickets to watch their home opener as a recruiting tool?

don't know if that actually happened or not, just know that mary was playing at the bowl at 7 after the napoleon/maddock game wrapped up.
rep

Postby Norm70 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:35 pm

I was at the umary game tonight. I have been watching for 4 yrs and this was by far the biggest crowd i have ever seen. I would guess up to 5000 people were there
Norm70

Postby point/center » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:17 am

rep wrote:umary pays the rent and then gives the players tickets to watch their home opener as a recruiting tool?

don't know if that actually happened or not, just know that mary was playing at the bowl at 7 after the napoleon/maddock game wrapped up.

that would TOTALLY make sense....if it's true...good work UMary
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man