Tuesday Night's Best Game ??

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:33 am

I'll pick the Mott-Regent at Central McLean game.   I'm curious to see to how the new co-op looks.  

Tuesday, August 21st

Barnes County North at Ellendale

Belfield-South Heart at Hettinger

Bismarck Shiloh Christian at Center-Stanton

Cavlaier at North Border

Divide County at Trenton

Glenburn at Westhope-Newburg

Griggs County Central at Midway-Minto

Mott-Regent at Central McLean (Turtle Lake-Mercer-Underwood)

North Star at Drayton-St. Thomas-Valley

Parshall-White Shield at Berthold-Our Redeemer's

Richardton-Taylor-Hebron at Washburn

Richland-Colfax at Edgeley-Kulm

South Border(Wishek-Ashley) at Dakota Prairie

Surrey at Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood

Thompson at Hillsboro
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:57 am

Richland @ Edgeley-Kulm

luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Couple points of intrest

#1 why did north border schedule Cavalier? they had to waste all their preseaon on an 11 man game, then they will play a 9-man schedule. Does not make sense to me.

#2 Hillsboro at Thompson,  Hillsboro will be one of the top teams from region 2 and I am interested to see how Thompson stacks up in their first season back at 9-man.

Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sports guy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:26 pm

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:Richland @ Edgeley-Kulm

That will be a very good game. Richland's speed and edgeley-kulms size.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Sports guy wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:Richland @ Edgeley-Kulm

That will be a very good game. Richland's speed and edgeley-kulms size.

i wonder how ek's running game will be...i think they have three running backs returning that averaged over 6 yards per carry.
rep

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:07 pm

I think it is the Mott vs Central Mclean game alot of history between the players with Turtle Lake knocking off mott from a perfect season in the quarterfinals and also over 30 seniors will take the field combined for both sides. An Epic Battle is going to go Down.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:09 pm

ticket0115 wrote:I think it is the Mott vs Central Mclean game alot of history between the players with Turtle Lake knocking off mott from a perfect season in the quarterfinals and also over 30 seniors will take the field combined for both sides. An Epic Battle is going to go Down.

especially with mott having to travel to tlm last year despite being undefeated and beating them in the regular season (or something like that...it was wacky)
rep

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:15 pm

Definently they feel like they got jibbed off, which is understandable i cant wait for tomorow night and also heard mott circled the day on the calendar right after they lost out last season.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 pm

I can't wait to be there to see it.  There are going to be lots of hard hits, and tough play.  These teams are two of the best.  This is a rivalry that won't go away anytime soon.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:21 pm

What history are you talking about? Turtle Lake has one good season in the last 10 years and all of the sudden they are talked about like some kind of a Dynasty. I'm getting really tired of hearing about them all the time. An Epic Battle!?! Give me a break, it's the first game of the year. Don't get me wrong, Mott and [url=#]CM[/url]C are both really good teams but they will be rusty, just like everyone else in their first game of the year.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Diamond D » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 pm

nordstde wrote:What history are you talking about? Turtle Lake has one good season in the last 10 years and all of the sudden they are talked about like some kind of a Dynasty. I'm getting really tired of hearing about them all the time. An Epic Battle!?! Give me a break, it's the first game of the year. Don't get me wrong, Mott and [url=#]CM[/url]C are both really good teams but they will be rusty, just like everyone else in their first game of the year.

Hardly..Coach Dockter doesn't have "rusty" teams.  This will be a great game for anybody to watch.  wished I lived closer.  I have a feeling this coop could be very strong.  Turtle Lake and Underwood have banged heads against each other for many years, now they are working together.  If anyone can bring that together, it is Doc.
Diamond D

Postby ndfan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:57 pm

[user=1355]GRIDIRON GURU[/user] wrote:
Couple points of intrest

#1 why did north border schedule Cavalier? they had to waste all their preseaon on an 11 man game, then they will play a 9-man schedule. Does not make sense to me.

#2 Hillsboro at Thompson,  Hillsboro will be one of the top teams from region 2 and I am interested to see how Thompson stacks up in their first season back at 9-man.

I believe Cavalier and North border had a home and home deal already worked out before North Border dropped down. This will be a good test for both teams to see how they stack up. Trust me no one wants to be the LOSER of this game total bragging rights for Pembina County's best team. Gonna be a fun one to watch.

Last edited by ndfan on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nordstde » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:21 pm

I don't care who their coach is, any ND 9-Man team will look "rusty" or "stiff" in their first game. I'm not trying to say anything bad about either team. I'm just saying that CMC gets talked about too much and that there is no way anyone can call the first game of the year an "Epic Battle".
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby imperials » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:31 pm

are you central mclean fans going to stop bragging about your team after getting beat 46-22.
Last edited by imperials on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imperials

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:38 pm

Hey Imperial and Nordste she should probably shut up it would be an epic battle the word epic meens impressively great and a battle is between 2 or more opponents so that would be a correct statement. And as for u imperial ur not even part of this discussion. My hat goes off to Mott but seriously you 2 need to get some class.
Last edited by ticket0115 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:45 pm

I DONT SEE ANY BRAGGING IN ANY OF THE POST? We played the same type game last season in the opener vs a lesser team in Richard-Taylor (who would turn out to be pretty good by seasons end). We turned the ball-over way to much and had alot of breakdowns in the secondary. We've got some things to shore-up indeed, but i promise by seasons end, again this year, we will be in the thick of things. They were up 24-0 and we gave them the ball 3-4 times. We cut the lead to 10 in the 3rd, and had a chance to make a stop and get the ball back. The Mott-Regent QB found another breakdown in the secondary and exposed it, they rolled from that point.

Hats-off to the Wild-fire they came out hitting on all cylinders, and the Schiewitzer (however you spell it) kid (QB) has taken a step forward overall, nice game by him. Goin is tough and will rack up alot of yardage this season.

The mistakes that kept us from makin it a 4-Quarter contest are correctable, and I believe they will do just that. We have the personel most certainly, and the coaches will get things where they need to be.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:45 pm

When Cavalier was on offense they played 11 man when North Border did they played 9 man.  It was a great game Cavalier had alot of cheap shot penalties against them that killed there momentum.  North Borders deffense was able to key on Mitch Ford the second half and shut them down.  He still had a heck of a game 32 carries 139. North Border 14 Cavalier 7
toughregion2

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Yes Mott Regent came out and showed right away that they meant business and mad virtually no mistakes while Central Mclean turned the ball over 5 times. Impressive win by the Wildfire.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Regardless of what some people think, the M/R CM game had a lot of build up and had alot of personal motivation for these two teams.  Those turnovers definitely were the tipping point.  The score would have been even more lopsided if there hadn't been so many dang penalties.  M/R had two TD's called back and many plays of over 15 yards gained called back.  Brock GION and Brade Schweitzer  have taken the steps forward to lead this team.  I'd keep an eye on them.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:08 am

E-K looked tough.....ran roughshod over a fairly decent Richland team.....300 yards on the ground
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yoyo08 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:36 am

whats up with cmc having a local reffing crew ref lasts night game? out of the 4 refs, 2 of them were from turtle lake. mott/regent definatly got jipped on quite a few plays. i mean that was the worst reffing i have seen in a very long time.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:39 am

That simply tells you how much better Mott-Regent is than central Mclain
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby nordstde » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:49 pm

Hey ticket0115, please don't tell me to get some class. We are typing to eachother on here, so you don't know anything about me, do you?. Look at your post, you can't spell and what you are saying doesn't make any sense. I don't ever intend to get personal towards anybody on here. If it did, I wouldn't do it by typing a freaking message to them. I wasn't at the Mott vs. CMC game, I wanted to, but wasn't able to make it. To me, the first game of the year doesn't mean much. It was a big matchup, between two very good teams. Don't worry, they will both be around close to the end of things too. Mott gained some confidence and CMC found out what they need to work on.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:06 pm

congrats...topic closed.
rep

Return to 9 - Man