Region 2

The teams in 9 Man

Postby The stokker » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:56 am

i think there is alot of good teams in this region what do you guys think the top 4
The stokker

Postby Sports guy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:22 pm

1.Hillsboro 2. Wyndmere 3.FSHP 4. Hankinson. Look for Richland and Northen Cass slipping into that 4 spot. It all depends with injuries also.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:42 am

Ill go out on a limb here-My picks are going to be:

1.) Northern Cass

2.)Hillsboro

3.)Wyndmere

4.)Hankinson

For Region 2
ndfootballwrestling

Postby UND KID » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Here are my picks

#1   Hillsboro

#2   Northern Cass

#3   FSHP

#4   Wyndmere

Everything subject to change with injuries, that's 9 man football

UND KID

UND KID

Postby the mask » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 pm

i watched hillsboro the other night agianst thompson and they looked solid they didn't look to be tired at all i think taht thompson on the other hand for being a first year nine man team was exhasted and had nothing left in the second half...they need to start getting some other plays then give it to jake cooley all the time..hillsboro has some good backs and a strong defense i don't think they are as good as they were last yera but they will be a top contender in this region

#1/2 HILLSBORO/FSHP
#3 WYNDMERE
#4 HANKINSON OR NORTHERN CASS
Last edited by the mask on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:33 am

well guys i think im gonna go with this

1.wyndmere

2.FSHP

3.Hillsbro

4.hankinson

but no one knows richland northern cass could be in there some where this is gonna be a really good region
The stokker

Postby justbrowsing » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:54 am

you two Hope kids that are in love with your own team should wait until after tonights thompson game to predict your finish in the conference
justbrowsing

Postby The stokker » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:55 pm

[user=3647]justbrowsing[/user] wrote:
you two Hope kids that are in love with your own team should wait until after tonights thompson game to predict your finish in the conference

hey buddy im just going by opinion and what i no i know this region is stacked with good teams and so maybe we give our team more credit than others thats what people do its our opinion so get over it bud we could end up a bottom team in the region or end up in the top two so im making predictions on what i know from other teams which is not very much

ohh and by the way finley not hope haha:D
Last edited by The stokker on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The stokker

Postby The stokker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:20 pm

very good game tomphson was ready to play but FSHP just had to much for the tommies it seemed like in the end FSHP's backs were just to much they have to much depth there but jake cooley is one heck of a running back and the tommmies have a good chance to be really competitive in that region
Last edited by The stokker on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The stokker

Postby the mask » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:37 pm

accually im gunna re do my predictions just browsing do you can get a look at whos all got a shot at winning this region two here.

#1 wyndmere/hankinson/fshp/hillsboro/northerncass/richland

i know for a face this region is going to be a toss up so why not just put them all at number one
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:26 pm

ya this region is up in the air i really have no clue but hillsburro looks good and idk all the other teams are up in the air there is 4-5 more teams that could be in the playoffs
The stokker

Postby point/center » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:38 am

until they are stomped, I'll take the Burro's
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby the mask » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:07 pm

honest to god the truth from me is that this region will be unpredictable till week four or five at least cuz hankinson is stacked with size and speed starting seven seniors that are all good and then two soph. qb and a wr hillsboro is more of a balanced team that runs the ball well but the passing game is weak this is where i think they will get beat hankinson has all stater jamie mauch so i will give them the upperhand on passing running is pretty even
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:12 pm

I think the winner of this weeks hankinson-FSHP game will be sitting very well in the region it pretty much puts the winning team in the driver seat but anything can happen in this region i love it good luck to the teams out there
The stokker

Postby sportsfan4323 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Look at 2 big games this week with Hankinson and FSHP, then the rivalry between Richland and Wyndmere and I know Richland got beat big last week but i think that they will come out fired up this week cause of it and ready to play. 
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:14 pm

sportsfan4323 wrote:Look at 2 big games this week with Hankinson and FSHP, then the rivalry between Richland and Wyndmere and I know Richland got beat big last week but i think that they will come out fired up this week cause of it and ready to play. 

i'd been thinking that since they lost to edgeley. but now i'm starting to wonder if their run isn't over.
rep

Postby justbrowsing » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:09 pm

The stokker wrote:I think the winner of this weeks hankinson-FSHP game will be sitting very well in the region it pretty much puts the winning team in the driver seat but anything can happen in this region i love it good luck to the teams out there

Neither Hankinson or Hope has played Richland, Northern Cass, Hillsboro or Wyndmere.  How would a win during the second week of the region season put anyone in the driver's seat?  Everyone on here, including you and your junior varsity teammate, has talked about how wide open this region is this year.  So I'm curious to know how this win would set the table for you
justbrowsing

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:08 pm

FSHP beat Hankinson-Fairmount 44-36 tonight
Great ball game: Hard-hitting, few penalties, some nice plays.
Some Key moments:
FSHP's John Thorson recovers an onside kick with less than 2 minutes remaining. Hankinson had just scored to put the score at 38-36 in FSHPs favor and had already recovered an onside kick in the 1st half.

FSHP tried to pound it out and kill the clock from there, but a run up the gut by Zane Follman broke for a long TD. May have been a coaches call to just get the ball back, as they looked to have let him go on that play.

With less than a minute left, Hankinson's QB lobs a pass up for Jamie Mauch to go up and get that was intercepted by Dillan Ostrom to end things as FSHP kneeled from there. Ostrom split some time at his usual D-end position, but played a lot of man-to-man on Mauch. Mauch was able to get about 4 catches in the 2nd half, one a TD, but Ostrom played him well and had 2 INTs.

Hankinson showed a pretty tame offense early, but opened things up with several spread looks, more shotgun. When he had time, Hankinsons QB found some matchup problems and hade some nice throws. Mauch, Curtis Krump and Danny Hangaard all had several nice catches for Hankinson. Their QB did throw 3-4 picks, though. James Ihry had to have well over 100 yards rushing for FSHP.
Last edited by Photo-man-Bob on Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby The stokker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:04 pm

well i meant that the team that wins the game will be sittin good but its a good long season in a very tough region that will prolly go down to the wire but i meant the winner of the game will be sitting very well so don't go getting all jumpy on me didn't mean to ruin your day buddy and good luck to everone out there
The stokker

Postby sportsfan4323 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Photo-man-Bob wrote:FSHP beat Hankinson-Fairmount 44-36 tonight
Great ball game: Hard-hitting, few penalties, some nice plays.
Some Key moments:
FSHP's John Thorson recovers an onside kick with less than 2 minutes remaining. Hankinson had just scored to put the score at 28-26 in FSHPs favor and had already recovered an onside kick in the 1st half.

FSHP tried to pound it out and kill the clock from there, but a run up the gut by Zane Follman broke for a long TD. May have been a coaches call to just get the ball back, as they looked to have let him go on that play.

With less than a minute left, Hankinson's QB lobs a pass up for Jamie Mauch to go up and get that was intercepted by Dillan Ostrom to end things as FSHP kneeled from there. Ostrom split some time at his usual D-end position, but played a lot of man-to-man on Mauch. Mauch was able to get about 4 catches in the 2nd half, one a TD, but Ostrom played him well and had 2 INTs.

Hankinson showed a pretty tame offense early, but opened things up with several spread looks, more shotgun. When he had time, Hankinsons QB found some matchup problems and hade some nice throws. Mauch, Curtis Krump and Danny Hangaard all had several nice catches for Hankinson. Their QB did throw 3-4 picks, though. James Ihry had to have well over 100 yards rushing for FSHP.

He threw 4 picks in that game but still ended up with over 250 yards passing on 13-33 and 3 tds
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:34 am

justbrowsing wrote:
The stokker wrote:I think the winner of this weeks hankinson-FSHP game will be sitting very well in the region it pretty much puts the winning team in the driver seat but anything can happen in this region i love it good luck to the teams out there

Neither Hankinson or Hope has played Richland, Northern Cass, Hillsboro or Wyndmere.  How would a win during the second week of the region season put anyone in the driver's seat?  Everyone on here, including you and your junior varsity teammate, has talked about how wide open this region is this year.  So I'm curious to know how this win would set the table for you

Richland and NC are not going to contend for a region title, yet alone a playoff berth.  Hankinson, FSHP, Hillsboro, and WL will take the 4 spots in that region.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:33 am

give credit to dillan ostrom, he played some really good defense on jamie mauch, he started out on him but on the first drive of the game hankinson ran the ball right down the feild for a td. So he switched back to DE. then Jamie Mauch caught about a 60 yarder for a td and ostrom switched back to man on Mauch. After that he was all over Mauch and pretty much took away the deep ball from him. He did a great job limiting Jamie mauchs big plays in the second half.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsfan4323 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:41 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:give credit to dillan ostrom, he played some really good defense on jamie mauch, he started out on him but on the first drive of the game hankinson ran the ball right down the feild for a td. So he switched back to DE. then Jamie Mauch caught about a 60 yarder for a td and ostrom switched back to man on Mauch. After that he was all over Mauch and pretty much took away the deep ball from him. He did a great job limiting Jamie mauchs big plays in the second half.

He played an excallent game on Jamie, and then he is also a very nice Tight End.
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man