Exibition Game

The teams in 9 Man

Postby nordstde » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:06 pm

What does everyone think about an exhibition game before the regular season starts? Probably just one per team obviously, doesn't have to be mandatory, just an option for the school. Maybe even have 9-Man vs. Class A games too, if they are in the same general area. I have always thought it could be a good idea for a couple of reasons. First, to work out some "kinks" before the season. It would give the coaches a good idea of the team situation, as far as position battles and what not. Second, it would just be exciting to play other teams that they might not have a chance to see for years. A couple of downfalls come to mind though. First is injuries, but then again, a player could get hurt at anytime. On the field, or off. Another may be a financial problem. The visiting team would obviously lose money no matter what. To fix that you could have a home and home situation. Anyway, what are everyone else's opinions?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:39 pm

Good Idea i think too the only downfall would be the traveling for the away team maybe a jamboree among class a and 9 man teams from the area. good learning and improving experience for both teams.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:19 am

Many teams do this already.  It's called a scrimmage.
justbrowsing

Postby nordstde » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:19 am

I guess I don't hear about very many teams that do it at all. What teams play one that you know about?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:59 am

I know almost every team in my area(DL) have one. 
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:56 pm

Central Valley just hosted one with about four teams at it.
justbrowsing

Postby ndfan » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:30 pm

[user=3747]nordstde[/user] wrote:
What does everyone think about an exhibition game before the regular season starts? Probably just one per team obviously, doesn't have to be mandatory, just an option for the school. Maybe even have 9-Man vs. Class A games too, if they are in the same general area. I have always thought it could be a good idea for a couple of reasons. First, to work out some "kinks" before the season. It would give the coaches a good idea of the team situation, as far as position battles and what not. Second, it would just be exciting to play other teams that they might not have a chance to see for years. A couple of downfalls come to mind though. First is injuries, but then again, a player could get hurt at anytime. On the field, or off. Another may be a financial problem. The visiting team would obviously lose money no matter what. To fix that you could have a home and home situation. Anyway, what are everyone else's opinions?

I know when my dad coached in Devils lake years ago they went to theif river falls i think it was (cant remember was young) and they scrimmaged other teams from minnesota and north dakota. You got 15 plays from so far and just kept bringining it back to start if touchdown scored before 15 plays were up. It was a good time. I know Central Valley has done it before and never did that when I was in Cavalier.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man