Championship Day

The teams in 9 Man

Postby sportsperson » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:23 pm

Is the schedule for championship day the same as last year? With 9-man playing at 9 in the morning and the three 11-man classes following, or have they changed it? Personally, I'm not a fan of it.
Last edited by sportsperson on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:45 am

I agree 9-man is the biggest division they have the biggest fan base yet they get screwed at the State championship. It makes no sense but I guess we should be telling this to the www.ndhsaa.com and not here

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:18 am

I feel that each division should have the chance of playing the prime game time spots. I know that rent of the building is pretty high but really it is the 9-man and A schools that have the best turn out for the games and generally pay for the weekend. I think and it is only my opinion that they should rotate it on a year by year basis so each division has a chance to play the late game. Last year it AAA, this year it should be AA, next year A, and the year after 9-Man or something along that order.
Last edited by A - Football Fan on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:23 am

O.K. here is the scoop I called the Activities office, and visited with Dave Carlsrue.

The Dakota Bowl schedule is going to stay the same and 9-man will get the shaft.

Reasons are #1 TV rights, big money = Fargo stations want their teams on prime time.

#2 Big school fans will not attend the games in the morning so that is a loss of revenue

#3 The small schools shut down the town and they are going to attend the game even if it is played at 5:30 in the morning.

It's not fair but money talks and they have to take advantage of the small towns thrill of playing for the state championship.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby nordstde » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:25 am

Of course, money has even ruined football on the smallest of scales. I really didn't think it was going to creep up to little ol' ND and take over. What a bunch of B.S., small town 9-Man fans are 100 times more devoted to their teams.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:33 am

you said a mouthful doesnt matter what time it is played there will be more noise than later in the day  you see it in the shrine bowl too 11 man is over it is like a 10 run lead at the twins game up and out the exit
homer

Postby Mandan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:57 am

This was from the June minutes of the NDHSAA board meeting.  Has this changed since then? (This shows that it would be split into two days, unless it was mistyped):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ndhsaa.com/board/minutes/Summary%206-19-07.html

c. The schedule for the Dakota Bowl will be Friday, November 9, 11:00 a.m. – 9-Man and 20 minutes following the completion this game, the A Division will be played. On Saturday, November 10, 5:00 – AA Division and 20 minutes following completion of this game – AAA Division. Discussion has taken place concerning the times and how it would fit into the tournament.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:59 am

The conversation I had with Carlsrue, I am sure he said it was going to be the same format as last year.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Return to 9 - Man