Early season match ups

The teams in 9 Man

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:12 am

Mott-Regent plays Turtle Lake or whatever the new coop is, the first game of the year in Turtle lake. Huge match up and could really set the tone for these two teams for the rest of the season.  Keep an eye on that game, I pick Mott / Regent.

Who else has some early match ups that are big?

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:40 am

On the flip side of this question, Williams County goes to Divide County for the final regular season game in Region 5 play. Could very well decide the region.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:14 am

sportsperson wrote:On the flip side of this question, Williams County goes to Divide County for the final regular season game in Region 5 play. Could very well decide the region.

Another season finale that may be a good matchup is Hankinson versus Hillsboro. It's at Hankinson and may be an opportunity for them to win a region championship.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:20 pm

The Divide County vs. Williams County game will be a good game. Used to be rivals for years before the Ray-Tioga co-op. It will decide the region no doubt, and there will be alot of bad blood between the two. I can't wait for this game!
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:40 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Mott-Regent plays Turtle Lake or whatever the new coop is, the first game of the year in Turtle lake. Huge match up and could really set the tone for these two teams for the rest of the season.  Keep an eye on that game, I pick Mott / Regent.

Who else has some early match ups that are big?

This probably will be the most intriguing matchup in the first week or two. Both teams lose a considerable amount of talent. I'm gonna go with Mott-Regent on this one also
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:03 am

Richland travels to Edgeley-Kulm on Aug 21. Should be a great matchup.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby gophers18 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:20 am

point/center wrote:Richland travels to Edgeley-Kulm on Aug 21. Should be a great matchup.
Edgeley-Kulm will out size Richland and man handle them on the line.  Richland has the speed though so will be a great game
gophers18

Postby jwb262 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:59 pm

The week one match up of Central-McLean County Cougars and the Mott-Regent Wildfire should be great! I wont go against the Cougars, but will say, I think this is a preview to the Quarterfinals in the Playoffs!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:07 pm

Great, now the TLM people are awake again. That is exactly the type of statement I would expect from them. The Central Mclean co-op should be solid, but I really don't think there is any way they will be able to recover from the loss of their whole team from last year, Eddie Cullum.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:12 pm

I think your going to be surprised by seasons end (if not all the way thru). Eddie was a huge factor and explosive player. The way they will make up for the loss of him and other solid players will be: #1- A very multiple type play orientation (power-speed) #2- Size- They will be big on the field, and I believe be able to sport that aspect throught.

Im not going to sit here and just rave on, I believe we will be very good football team, that is well Coached and have all the makins of a Fargo Dome type Team!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Ok, well put. Hopefully we (Divide County) see you in the playoffs again.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby niebuhr#81 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:25 pm

The Heart River Cougars vs. the Central McLean Cougars.......The Cougar Bowl...Week 6...Rriday Sept. 28th....in Belfield.......not exactly an early season matchup but still...its the battle of the Cougars
niebuhr#81
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man