TGU
4%
Williams County
7%
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
4%

Total votes : 85

Postby KennyG » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:16 am

Who does everyone think will start off the year in the top spot of the 9-man polls?
KennyG

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:52 pm

im sure one of last years class A team will start as number 1.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:18 am

Napoleon will remain number one until someone beats them
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby nordstde » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:52 am

I suppose that does make sense. They went undefeated last year and do return alot of talent. Does anyone know exactly how many starters they return? How many seniors?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:58 am

In my opinion it should be either Napolean or Divide County. Both have great programs with kids that know how to win. I think that would have been alot better match up in last years championship. I don't want to take anything away from Turtle Lake, because they were a great story, but I think Divide matched up alot better. I don't know if any of you were at the Turtle Lake-Divide semi-final matchup. I was, and it was at the least one of the best games I have ever seen at any level.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:01 am

nordstde wrote:I suppose that does make sense. They went undefeated last year and do return alot of talent. Does anyone know exactly how many starters they return? How many seniors?

Just off the top of my head Napoleon has FB/LB McCleary, OL/LB Laber, TB/DB Gross, RB/LB Weigel.  Those are a couple of the main ones that will be back, maybe one more lineman coming back, but they should be good again.  They will need to find a QB though, that's why they did so well last year, Dewald left, Dewald right, Dewald left again, then playaction to Grunfelder for a big gain. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RB/LB 34 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:20 pm

It will be tough for Napolean to replace Dewald and Grunfelder, very tough. But McCleary will still be opening the holes for 'em after his disappointment in missing most of the championship game. I have a feeling that they'll be able to make it deep into the playoffs this coming year.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 pm

So I'm guessing that means McCleary is going to be healthy?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby dmdp » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:02 pm

Mott-Regent has RB/LB Brock Gion back after a season-ending injury last season. QB/FS Brade Schweitzer is back after a breakout year. TE/DL Devan Laufer was great in the basketball season and got a lot more athletic since last football season.
They should be just fine. They lost Tyler Grosz and Lee Jahner - much of their rushing game - but expect Brock Gion and his cousin Tyrel Gion to pick up that rushing load easily.
dmdp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:32 am

They also lost josh wutzky, he was pretty good himself

sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbinnd » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:01 am

Napoleon loses Dewald.  That will be the biggest hole to fill in all of 9-man football.  Not saying Napoleon can't get it done, but if they do, it will be while they fill a huge void at tailback.
fbinnd

Postby nordstde » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:40 am

In all of 9-Man football? Whoa buddy, that's one heck of a stretch.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby MLCFB » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:32 am

Did you see the shrine?

Grunfelder and Dewald.  BEST 2 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD.  No doubt.
MLCFB

Postby dogg » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:41 am

I heard there's alot of schools changing from 11-man to 9-man, so there could be some big surprises this fall. Not to mention new co-op's for football also. It could be an interesting season.
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WHITE » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:46 pm

hows wishek asheley gonna be this year?
"W-H-I-T...E"
"Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
WHITE
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:34 pm

Who cares about the Shrine Game? It's half a year after the season. Do you really think that all of those players give their all for an All-Star game? Those two were on the State Champion team though, how about that? Why would we care about the Shrine Game? Both Grunfelder and Dewald are spectacular football players, no doubt. They give their all. That is probably why they outshined most everybody at the Shrine Game, because it meant more to them for some reason.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:11 am

i think it means alot to the players it is an honor have you ever played in one especially the shrine game the kids are treated like kings by alot of people during that week and the other player have alot of respect for each other
homer

Postby MLCFB » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:38 am

So that means you probably didn't play in the shrine.  You will probably bring it up but yes I did play in it.  Class of '99.

So lets hear your opinion on who will be the hardest player to replace in all of 9 man football.
Last edited by MLCFB on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MLCFB

Postby homer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 am

no i didnt play in it but had a couple kids who did and they were very happy they did and alot of people do pay attention to it
homer

Postby MLCFB » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:56 am

My bad, I was talking to nordstde.

It was an honor and a great time.
MLCFB

Postby nordstde » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:12 am

Why does everybody on here assume all the time MLCFB? I know this will sound like bs, but I was supposed to start in the Shrine Game as a G/C in 05', but I had to have knee surgery a month before the game. I'm from Divide Co. and I had three teamates that went to it. Our QB, Grant Winfaldet guided the West to a win and I would have loved nothing more than to play on last game with my teamates and fellow 9-Man players. I'm not saying the Shrine game is a bad thing. But who cares about how good Grunfelder and Dewald did in the Shrine when they had just finished carrying their team to a State Championship? As far as the hardest player to replace this year, that is a very good question. A few names come to mind: Backstrom from Maddock, Cullum from TLM, who won't be able to be replaced, Gjovig from Divide, even though he's a lineman, he was a man amongst boys. And obviously your pair from Napolean are huge losses. But overall I would have to say Cullum, he was their whole team last year, no way they will be able to replace him. Who is in your top 5 or 10 for 07' MLCFB?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:42 pm

no problem
homer

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:50 am

fbinnd wrote:Napoleon loses Dewald.  That will be the biggest hole to fill in all of 9-man football.  Not saying Napoleon can't get it done, but if they do, it will be while they fill a huge void at tailback.

Huge void? how about Evan Gross who split carries all year long at Napoleon. I would say the void is filled, not as good as last years tandem, but he will definitely have a huge year.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:37 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
fbinnd wrote:Napoleon loses Dewald.  That will be the biggest hole to fill in all of 9-man football.  Not saying Napoleon can't get it done, but if they do, it will be while they fill a huge void at tailback.

Huge void? how about Evan Gross who split carries all year long at Napoleon. I would say the void is filled, not as good as last years tandem, but he will definitely have a huge year.

Gross was not nearly as good as DeWald.  He did have a big year, but anyone could have run for 1000 behind Leier and Grunnefelder.  Napoleon will not be nearly as good this year because they lose those two
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:11 pm

ND_Coach wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:

Gross was not nearly as good as DeWald.  He did have a big year, but anyone could have run for 1000 behind Leier and Grunnefelder.  Napoleon will not be nearly as good this year because they lose those two

Yeah thats why I put not as good, True..those guys will be tough to replace but the year before Wirt was there and  they lost him and was replaced pretty good obviously with DeWald, so don't count them out they have knack for good backs..might be a in weak region..so I see them rolling through everyone, be tough to tell how good they are til playoffs.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man