up and coming players

The teams in 9 Man

Postby evancounts » Thu May 31, 2007 8:58 am

who are going to be some freshman and sophmores playing varsity
evancounts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sports guy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:48 pm

Some out of Region 2 James Ihry FSHP (soph), Tucker Bartlett BCN (Soph), Jessie Ott GGC (Soph),

Tucker Bartlett prolly had the best freshman year on a young BCN team. Region 2 has good teams in it now but for futher years to come also
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:54 pm

Sports guy wrote:Some out of Region 2 James Ihry FSHP (soph), Tucker Bartlett BCN (Soph), Jessie Ott GGC (Soph),

Tucker Bartlett prolly had the best freshman year on a young BCN team. Region 2 has good teams in it now but for futher years to come
Bartlett and Ott are both average football players.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:31 am

Average freshmen? Lets think about that, how many freshmen start and are your leading rushers?

Any freshmen that start  varsity are not average, they are above average, competing with kids three and four years older than them. They may seem average to everyone else on the field but they were freshmen last year.

The topic is, up and comming players, the players mentioned will be all-region picks in the next few years. hardly average if you ask me.

NEXT TIME THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Ott wasn't the leading rusher for GCC. I only remember seeing him play JV. and bartlett didn't do anything last season either.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:36 am

I guess I don't have the stats to back it up but I saw Bartlet on the sports highlights more than once and saw his name in the box scores in the paper.

I think he is an up and comming player. In 9-man football along with a bunch of his classmates. Heinze, Bauman, Peterson, Undem, Mcfadgen, all saw a lot of playing time as freshmen on varsity
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Brady Langan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:36 pm

tyler bryant is a sophmore that wil start quarterback in St John
Brady Langan

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:38 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
Sports guy wrote:Some out of Region 2 James Ihry FSHP (soph), Tucker Bartlett BCN (Soph), Jessie Ott GGC (Soph),

Tucker Bartlett prolly had the best freshman year on a young BCN team. Region 2 has good teams in it now but for futher years to come

James Ihry easily is the besst of the three players.....he went over the 100 yard mark quite a few times....and started all games on defense...that kid is an amazing athlete

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:25 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:

James Ihry easily is the besst of the three players.....he went over the 100 yard mark quite a few times....and started all games on defense...that kid is an amazing athlete

i wouldn't say he's easily the best.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:56 am

I wouldn't say he was the best either...he is an average athlete but he is given the ball just about every down so he is going to get the yards but he is nothing above average if you ask me, he just is given every oppotunity where the other teams use more players and are more diverse  in their play calling.  FSHP coach seems to pick one kid and use them extensively, the last few years it was that Derby kid and now since his transfer it is the Ihry boy.  He will get the stats because of that but wouldn't do nearly as well on another team. To me a good football player can go to any team and do the same and he wouldn't be able to do that. 
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UND KID » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:13 pm

[user=1476]ClassB-bballfan[/user] wrote:
I wouldn't say he was the best either...he is an average athlete but he is given the ball just about every down so he is going to get the yards but he is nothing above average if you ask me, he just is given every oppotunity where the other teams use more players and are more diverse  in their play calling.  FSHP coach seems to pick one kid and use them extensively, the last few years it was that Derby kid and now since his transfer it is the Ihry boy.  He will get the stats because of that but wouldn't do nearly as well on another team. To me a good football player can go to any team and do the same and he wouldn't be able to do that. 

It sounds like you haven't seen this kid play, he is a STUD, he will pound you every single play of the game and yes he will get alot of yards.

UND KID
UND KID

Postby sportsfan4323 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:04 pm

Danny Hangaard and Alex Althoff from Hankinson are having pretty good season's so far as sophmores.  Althoff is averaging around 200 passing yards a game granite he has guys like Jamie Mauch, Hangaard and Curtis Krump to throw to.  And Hangaard already has 5 sacks on the season and is playing very well on both sides of the ball.
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:11 pm

ClassB-bballfan wrote:I wouldn't say he was the best either...he is an average athlete but he is given the ball just about every down so he is going to get the yards but he is nothing above average if you ask me, he just is given every oppotunity where the other teams use more players and are more diverse  in their play calling.  FSHP coach seems to pick one kid and use them extensively, the last few years it was that Derby kid and now since his transfer it is the Ihry boy.  He will get the stats because of that but wouldn't do nearly as well on another team. To me a good football player can go to any team and do the same and he wouldn't be able to do that. 
Are you kidding me? you must be.....or.......
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby nicholi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:04 am

Dont forget about the rest of the kids out there, i saw one the other day, Alex Knudson, from Edgeley Kulm, and he may not start, but that kid can run and break tackles like none other, they were playing Sargent Central and he returned an interception for a touchdown from the 40.  he ran from one side of the field to the other, i say watch out for him his junior and senior years of football
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:54 am

ClassB-bballfan wrote:I wouldn't say he was the best either...he is an average athlete but he is given the ball just about every down so he is going to get the yards but he is nothing above average if you ask me, he just is given every oppotunity where the other teams use more players and are more diverse  in their play calling.  FSHP coach seems to pick one kid and use them extensively, the last few years it was that Derby kid and now since his transfer it is the Ihry boy.  He will get the stats because of that but wouldn't do nearly as well on another team. To me a good football player can go to any team and do the same and he wouldn't be able to do that. 

WOW...there is no way you have seen this kid play! he is a very extremely above average athlete and only a sophomore...he leads the team in tackles...and as far as he gets the ball every time....well he had 11 carries for 100 yards in their last game
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The stokker » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:41 pm

Wow this Ihry kid has loads of potential FSHP goes where Ihry goes on offense he is a load he is so hard to bring down really works for the extra yard and on defense kinda has some troubles he gets to the ball really well but sometimes can over pursue but is a great athlete the team will count on him to rack up tons of yards and takle alot of guys he will be a stud for years to come... And for the guy that said kainz really works with one back that carries the load thats because Shawn Derby was a very good running back and he has James Ihry who is another stud
The stokker

Postby statpacker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:10 am

Region 5 has some young teams that should be prety good in the future. Parshall and i forgot who they co-op with was picked to be last. and they beat surrey and the match with glenbun will  be good.
Glenburn 28-Parshall 29
statpacker

Postby Hunterlaf » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:35 am

statpacker wrote:Region 5 has some young teams that should be prety good in the future. Parshall and i forgot who they co-op with was picked to be last. and they beat surrey and the match with glenbun will  be good.
Glenburn 28-Parshall 29

i say Parshall 14 Glenburn 12
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:17 pm

to the guy who claimed james ihry was an average athlete....he had near if not 200 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns....if he was an average athlete i dont think he'd have that good of a game against a quality team like hankinson ....
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The stokker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:06 pm

Ya i think james really showed hes better than average but thats just my opinon so it doesn't really matter to you guys so he ran for over 200 yards im pretty sure about 3 tds and he scared the whole crowd when he went down because of a cramp in the 3rd quarter

The stokker

Postby sportsfan4323 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:29 am

The stokker wrote:Ya i think james really showed hes better than average but thats just my opinon so it doesn't really matter to you guys so he ran for over 200 yards im pretty sure about 3 tds and he scared the whole crowd when he went down because of a cramp in the 3rd quarter

I think Ihry might be the best sophmore in the state so far from what i have seen but i only really get to see the games going on in the south eastern part of the state
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball4life » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:22 am

James Ihry is a tough FB player. I got the privilege of watching him last week when they played GCC at Cooperstown. FSHP struggled the 1st half trailing 12-8. But then the 2nd half they exploded for 40 points. James finished with 4 TD's  I believe. This kid is tough to take down. He doesn't quit after the first defender hits him, he just keeps going. FSHP has alot of weapons and Ihry (who is only a sophomore) will take his team far into the playoffs.

basketball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UND KID » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

basketball4life wrote:James Ihry is a tough FB player. I got the privilege of watching him last week when they played GCC at Cooperstown. FSHP struggled the 1st half trailing 12-8. But then the 2nd half they exploded for 40 points. James finished with 4 TD's  I believe. This kid is tough to take down. He doesn't quit after the first defender hits him, he just keeps going. FSHP has alot of weapons and Ihry (who is only a sophomore) will take his team far into the playoffs.

I have seen Ihry play 2 games this season and he is the real deal, he makes reads and cuts, like you would see from a senior, and alot of upper classmen can't see the field like he does. FSHP has some tough games left, but it looks like they can play with anyone. The Griggs County game the coach from FSHP made some very nice adjustments at half time and they dominated the second half. It should be interesting to see how region 2 settles out in the end.

UND KID
UND KID

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:48 pm

UND KID wrote:
basketball4life wrote:James Ihry is a tough FB player. I got the privilege of watching him last week when they played GCC at Cooperstown. FSHP struggled the 1st half trailing 12-8. But then the 2nd half they exploded for 40 points. James finished with 4 TD's  I believe. This kid is tough to take down. He doesn't quit after the first defender hits him, he just keeps going. FSHP has alot of weapons and Ihry (who is only a sophomore) will take his team far into the playoffs.

I have seen Ihry play 2 games this season and he is the real deal, he makes reads and cuts, like you would see from a senior, and alot of upper classmen can't see the field like he does. FSHP has some tough games left, but it looks like they can play with anyone. The Griggs County game the coach from FSHP made some very nice adjustments at half time and they dominated the second half. It should be interesting to see how region 2 settles out in the end.

UND KID

So is Ihry more of a slasher, downhill runner, or home run hitter??  What type of runner would you say?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:50 pm

all 3
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to 9 - Man