up and coming players

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:57 am

I am the guy that said that Ihry is slightly better than average ball player, sorry I have been on the road for awhile, I defend my statement... I have seen the FSHP team play 4 out of their 5 games and know some of the players and parents.  He is a good football player and athlete  all I meant to say was that he is given wayyyyy more opportunities than many other running backs that is why he has the stats.  When you carry the ball over 20 times a game you had better be getting the yards, any average player would be able to do the same.  If you put him on a team that was not centered around him then he would not stand out, is all I am saying.  Nothing against the kid at all, just don't think that others are getting the opportunity to prove themselves and get the confidence that Ihry has had.  Was nice to see Ostrom have a great game against Richland too...he is a good reciever and should be used more too..
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:17 am

i'm going to have to disagree with you. The average player....if they got 20 carries a game would not get around 240 yards.. ihry has went over 200 yards twice this year on 25 carries...thats nearly 10 yards per carry... obviously if someone is that athletic your going to get him the ball. but seriously the average athlete does not get near 10 yards a carry. the kid just never stops. He'll run around you or run over you. I do agree on the fact that fshp needs to get ostrom involved more, he is a great receiver.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RB/LB 34 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:33 pm

What you have just said is very true, BUT if you break say two long runs, then averaging 10 yards per carry is a moderately easy average to attain.

This is just my opinion. I haven't seen this kid play, and I'm sure he is a very good athlete. Not trying to take anything away from him, but big runs boost your average quite easily
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ron Mexico123 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:45 pm

How good of a receiver do you really think you are dillian ostrom?
Ron Mexico123

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:48 pm

this is not dillan ostrom....and i have been to all of thier games this year and think he's a great receiver, ask the teams he's played i'm sure theyll tell you
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Braveheart » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:54 pm

sure how bout team hope finley stop posting about how good they are
Braveheart

Postby web17 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:55 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:this is not dillan ostrom....and i have been to all of thier games this year and think he's a great receiver, ask the teams he's played i'm sure theyll tell you

he is good, not great. he is pretty big, and is by far Thorsons favorite target. it seemed everytime they wanted/needed to score thru the air, thorson only looked for ostrom.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Well...first off I know for a fact that isn't dillan, he doesnt use this site, which is a good thing...dont need to read stuff for/against you. Secondly, Dillan is a very good reciever. If you dont like reading about fshp, shut them up...ON THE FIELD. They are unbeaten....so they can talk all they want.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ron Mexico123 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm

well you sure talk about him quite often?
Ron Mexico123

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:58 pm

and you make a profile just to bash FSHP....what's that say about you?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:59 pm

dude the purpose of the team is to talk about your team....its an opinion based site....just relax buddy
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:27 am

The Schwab wrote:Well...first off I know for a fact that isn't dillan, he doesnt use this site, which is a good thing...dont need to read stuff for/against you. Secondly, Dillan is a very good reciever. If you dont like reading about fshp, shut them up...ON THE FIELD. They are unbeaten....so they can talk all they want.

Very true....can't remember who it was, but last year some kid that was playing would vouch for himself to be all-state (I don't think he was even in the running anyways...), and it just made him look like an idiot.  I can't stand people that come on here to talk themselves up, it's just stupid.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:57 am

amen....... prove it on the field not on here
homer

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:19 am

well i'm sorry for talking dillan up on here. it was just my opinion he's been having a perty good year, and not many people know about him, just my opinion.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:25 am

BballFan1307 wrote:well i'm sorry for talking dillan up on here. it was just my opinion he's been having a perty good year, and not many people know about him, just my opinion.

No, that's not a problem...if you WERE dillan, than it'd be pretty lame, but since you're not, it's all good man.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:26 am

okay..i was tryin to clear things up i dont want him gettin a bad rep cause of me...
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:50 pm

RB/LB 34 wrote:What you have just said is very true, BUT if you break say two long runs, then averaging 10 yards per carry is a moderately easy average to attain.

This is just my opinion. I haven't seen this kid play, and I'm sure he is a very good athlete. Not trying to take anything away from him, but big runs boost your average quite easily

Thank you ! That was my point exactly and if given the chance most players will get a big run here or there to boost their averages...He is good but he is not great....not sure where that comes from.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:57 pm

i dont get it....so in order to be great you cant get long runs...that makes no sense...obviously if he's good he's going to get long runs to boost his average.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RB/LB 34 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:15 pm

That's not what I meant. If you break long runs, some people consider those yards "easy yards" since you didn't have to fight much for them. Whereas if you pick up 4-6 yards a pop up the middle, people might think a kid is almost unstoppable if its done on a consistent basis. You can still be a great back and break long runs, but the true test is between the tackles, in my opinion anyway.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:20 pm

i agree with RB/LB on this one.....say a kid has 124 yards on 20 carries or so, thats a 6 yard average.  but what people might not know is that he had an 86 yard touchdown.  take that one run out and he had 38 yards on 19 carries for only 2 yard average.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 pm

i dont think an 86 yard td..would be considered "easy yardage" any one that can break an 86 yard td in highschool football is a decent player. Plus Ihry hasnt had to many LONG runs this year...most of his are about 7,8 and 9 yards a carry. Dont know if he'll be doing that well against hillsboro this week though.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fb_fan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:01 am

How were his stats last week against Richland. I saw the game, the kid runs hard, but I thought the other running back, #30 hurt Richland more than Ihry did. I know Richland gave him a 33 yd TD at the end of the game, because they needed the ball back. He is a decent back, I wouldn't say great, he should be better by the time he is a sr. We will see just how good of a runningback he is next year when they have to overhaul the whole O line. A runningback is only as good as the O line allows him to be. If he gets hit consistantly 4-6 yards down field he will be considered a good back. Ask AJ Pfeifer from Maple Valley how easy it is as a sophomore to ru with a great O line. Then ask him how fun it was his JR and SR years when the line wasn't very good. I don't think his numbers added up. That is my two cents. Sorry if I upset anyone with my opinion.
fb_fan

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:07 am

nono..your not upsetting me with your opinion, but at the richland game i'd say #30 Follman, had at least 10 more carries because they were keying on ihry. See FSHP has that depth but no body knows. i think ihry is a good back. he runs hard, and has great speed.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:13 am

fb_fan wrote:How were his stats last week against Richland. I saw the game, the kid runs hard, but I thought the other running back, #30 hurt Richland more than Ihry did. I know Richland gave him a 33 yd TD at the end of the game, because they needed the ball back. He is a decent back, I wouldn't say great, he should be better by the time he is a sr. We will see just how good of a runningback he is next year when they have to overhaul the whole O line. A runningback is only as good as the O line allows him to be. If he gets hit consistantly 4-6 yards down field he will be considered a good back. Ask AJ Pfeifer from Maple Valley how easy it is as a sophomore to ru with a great O line. Then ask him how fun it was his JR and SR years when the line wasn't very good. I don't think his numbers added up. That is my two cents. Sorry if I upset anyone with my opinion.

Opinions make me angry.....

Seriously though, we'll get to see just how good of backs FSHP has now.  Richland's D doesn't compare to Hillsboro's D in the least, style nor ability.  This will be a great game to see how 'great' players from both teams do against each other, under the pressure that the game's winner likely takes the Region.
Last edited by Ocho Siete on Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:40 am

i agree...fshp will not be able to run all over hillsboro like they have the other teams...its going to be a great game that could go etierh way i think
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man