up and coming players

The teams in 9 Man

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:56 am

I know Hillsboro runs the option, but I dont know what offense f/s/h/p runs?  I remember Jon Bellons junior year it was wishbone, but last time I seen them play it was I.  I don't know much about either teams lines, but in order to stop the option you need great flow from the line backers, and stellar Defensive end play.  On defense for Hillsboro, you can be almost certain that Grothmann will be keying on Ihry all game.  I think the thing that will have the most effect on the game is maybe the play action pass?  I know the Spartans have Ostrom, but who does Hillsboro have as a receiving threat?  I havent heard anything.  I still think that Hillsboro is going to be able to control the line of scrimmage.  It should be a good game.  Hillsboro's scores area always like 32-0 or 36-6 it seems like except for the Wyndmere game. M ust have a solid defense. Finley's scores havent impressed me.  They kinda struggled with Thompson from what heard and I seen the box score of the Richland game.  That looked to be a pretty even contest.  I dont think Finley will be "Physical" enough to beat the Burro's.....
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:I know Hillsboro runs the option, but I dont know what offense f/s/h/p runs?  I remember Jon Bellons junior year it was wishbone, but last time I seen them play it was I.  I don't know much about either teams lines, but in order to stop the option you need great flow from the line backers, and stellar Defensive end play.  On defense for Hillsboro, you can be almost certain that Grothmann will be keying on Ihry all game.  I think the thing that will have the most effect on the game is maybe the play action pass?  I know the Spartans have Ostrom, but who does Hillsboro have as a receiving threat?  I havent heard anything.  I still think that Hillsboro is going to be able to control the line of scrimmage.  It should be a good game.  Hillsboro's scores area always like 32-0 or 36-6 it seems like except for the Wyndmere game. M ust have a solid defense. Finley's scores havent impressed me.  They kinda struggled with Thompson from what heard and I seen the box score of the Richland game.  That looked to be a pretty even contest.  I dont think Finley will be "Physical" enough to beat the Burro's.....

I think Hillsboro's best recieving threat is the fact that they aren't recognized as a throwing team.  I think last year they threw the ball maybe 10 times at most.  Their new QB Meyer can throw the ball pretty well, and it'll be interesting to see if Coach Rerick desides to surprise FSHP's defense with some pass plays today, because I can guarantee you that FSHP is concentrating on strictly stopping the run (Grothmann/Smelden)
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man