Central Mclean

The teams in 9 Man

Postby baller99 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:01 pm

What does the upcoming season look like for the newly formed Cougar football team?  What will life be like without Eddie Collum?  Does anyone have any info on them?
baller99

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:07 pm

Their line is going to be big.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:04 pm

http://www.wrtc.com/cullum/tlfacts/

Alot of facts in the Football Section of that particular site.

As for CMC, they will be Stout! They will have numbers and alot of different angles to throw at opponents. They tacked on a couple of newcomers to the overall mix, and it sounds like they will benefit from them. Im looking forward to the season and a deep playoff run.

jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:43 pm

What the heck does "a lot of different angles" mean? Who cares if they have numbers? Do they have any talent? I'm sure they will, and we will see how good they do.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:46 am

The word "Angles" in this this post refers to: Deception,Depth and a variety of different ways to put points on the board (not just on offense). I think one factor that will become a "Angle" to this team is taking the ball from the opponent. After seeing alot of 9-man games last season, 3-out (and a shanked punt) is a takeaway!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:48 am

You just need to come up with a better word "angles". It just seems like more of a cop-out than anything. Lang is a freak and your line will be solid, you lost a pretty good guard and end though right? What do you guys have for skill positions? Your quarterback play wasn't too solid from what I saw, was he a junior last year? I think everybody and their mother knows that Cullum cannot be replaced, he is just too fast and too talented, not very often a player like him comes around a small area like that. As you might already know, I'm from Divide County and would love it if our boys got a chance to play again in the playoffs. Do you have any idea of what the playoff format is this year? What regions match up right away etc.. Maybe a bracket? I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think if both of our respective teams play like they are capaple of, they will be in the playoffs. One more question for you though. I hear alot about all the teams from the East, but not very many details. Do you know anything about some of the possible title contenders coming from over there?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:10 pm

#1- No "Cop-Outs" from here in Turtle Lake.

#2- I can tell we will have some conversation on here this season. Dont ever think im "bragging" or "talking smack" on here. I state some facts and believe our team here in Central McLean County will be very strong and one of the Top 3 on the Westside.

#3 the Play-off system has changed, I was anticipating the Mott-Regent re-match being in the Quarters, it could be the Semi's!

Replacing Eddie is not going to happen, we all know that. The simple fact of approaching the game from a POWER standpoint, I wont use Angle here, the Aspect of also having alot of speed (though raw) will be there also. Yes we lost 4-Shrine Bowlers, and they will all be tuff to replace, no doubt. The Coop could negate (or lessen their severity) those losses. A move in from California (Jason Zing), from what ive heard may have the inside track to the QB spot, as well as safety.. The Underwood QB (Caulkey) of last season is also returning. Evan Nelson  is a option for that posistion also. As far as whos doing what being exact, I couldnt tell you. I know this, they are Big and Talented this season and if they put it together, I would love to see a re-match vs Divide County along the way.

Eastside: I havent heard alot about that side as of yet. I will get an earful from a reliable source before long though. I will pass it on then.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:25 pm

Don't worry, I don't intend to "brag" or anything like the either. But as you know, talking about your favorite team will sometimes sound like that. But I'm not worried, it's simply loyalty for the most part in my mind. Our toughest competition this year will be Williams County, a former class A team that had alot of success at that level. We were huge rivals for many years, and I can't wait to jumpstart it again. Who do you think will be at the top of Central McClean's region this year?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:54 pm

I think it boils down to Mott-Regent and Us (Central Mclean County). Hettinger has a couple of good skill players coming back (Willobughy and Miller), South-Heart is a Class A team moving down (lost 7 seniors), Washburn lost 2-good ones(Reimer and Scheinder) and 7 total seniors. Richardton-Taylor should be battling for the #3-#4 seed also.. Center-Stanton and Wilton may be improved, but I dont think they will be a factor for the overall picture.Shiloh Christian, I think pulls up the tail-end in Region 6 this season.

If you all win Region 5, and we end up #2 in Region 6 (Regular Season) then a Quarter-final game vs Divide County would be likely. Thats just way early talk, but I think that the 3-best teams outta Regions 4-5-6: Divide County,Mott-Regent and Central McLean County. If you notice the Region 4 and 5 runner-ups do not recieve a BYE in the 1st-Round.

[font=Arial]PLAY-OFF FORMAT
9-Man – First Round, Oct. 16

Region 3#1 vs. Bye
Region 1#3 vs. Region 2#3
Region 1#2 vs. Bye
Region 3#2 vs. Region 2#4               
Region 2#1 vs. Bye
Region 3#3 vs. Region 1#4
Region 1#1 vs. Bye
Region 2#2 vs. Region 3#4
---------------------------------------------[/font]

[font=Arial]Region 5#1 vs. Bye
Region 4#3 vs. Region 6#3
Region 6#2 vs. Bye
Region 5#2 vs. Region 4#4            
Region 4#1 vs. Bye
Region 5#3 vs. Region 6#4
Region 6#1 vs. Bye
Region 4#2 vs. Region 5#4[/font]

jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Thanks for that. I like the new logo by the way. Not that it really matters much, but I suppose the team got new uni's too, are those your new colors? Just wondering.
Last edited by nordstde on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 pm

Navy Blue and Burnt Orange are the official colors. Yes they got new uni's- the Helmets will be Blue.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:21 pm

When and where is CMC's first game vs. Mott? What time? Probably going to come watch it, should be a heck of a game.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:38 pm

At underwood on tuesday at 7
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:17 am

Good to know, I heard it was at UMary or something, obviously not though.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man