who could play college football

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Brady Langan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:15 pm

what 9 man athletes could play college football
Brady Langan

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:43 am

I'd say Eddie Kramer from Strasburg has potential to be a DAC player.

Jamie Mauch from Hankinson could be a big time prospect.

McCleary from Napoleon will probally end up at Mary with his brothers.

Those are the only three I could think of right now, I'll add more as they come to me
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:50 am

Jamie Mauch is getting looked at by NDSU i hear
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:35 pm

Clint Urvand from divide county.

Mitch lang from turtle lake.

i dont know his name but he was number 66 from turtle lake.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gtowngamers » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Kid from Glenburn has UND and NDSU looking at him.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:27 pm

it always makes me wonder when the person says "the kid" or "i dont konw his name but.."  if they are that good you would probably have heard of the name...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby blue steel » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:53 pm

i heard the University of Pepperdine is looking at James Horne of Hillsboro to play some quarterback
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:54 pm

#66- PRESSER (TURTLE LAKE) CENTRAL MCLEAN COUNTY
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:52 pm

baseball wrote:it always makes me wonder when the person says "the kid" or "i dont konw his name but.."  if they are that good you would probably have heard of the name...

I am almost 100% positive he is referring to Seth Wisthoff, and he is that good. Kind of under the radar playing in a non media area and on a not so good football team. He is the state champion shot putter and discus thrower and he is one of the nicest young men I've had the pleasure of visiting with.
ndfbfan

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:15 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
baseball wrote:it always makes me wonder when the person says "the kid" or "i dont konw his name but.."  if they are that good you would probably have heard of the name...

I am almost 100% positive he is referring to Seth Wisthoff, and he is that good. Kind of under the radar playing in a non media area and on a not so good football team. He is the state champion shot putter and discus thrower and he is one of the nicest young men I've had the pleasure of visiting with.

he might be good i dont know....im just saying when they coem on and say this kid is good and they dont konw is name it always makes me wonder
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Gtowngamers » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:37 pm

I said that cause i'm from there and i didn't want to sound like a homer who only talks up the people from his town, which in my opinion happens way too much on here. Wisthoff is who i'm talking about.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:18 am

blue steel wrote:i heard the University of Pepperdine is looking at James Horne of Hillsboro to play some quarterback
I might be the only one who finds this odd, but correct if I am wrong, Ben Gordon was the quarterback last year, and they had 2 very good rb's in Andrew Mikkelson and Andrew Grothman.  Those were the main offensive threats and carried most of the load on offense.  So I am guessing you are just trying to be stupid, and if you are you are doing a great job at it.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:32 pm

blue steel wrote:i heard the University of Pepperdine is looking at James Horne of Hillsboro to play some quarterback
wow that kid must be really good ;);););););););)
PA42

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:51 pm

horne98 wrote:
wow that kid must be really good ;);););););););)

Yes he must be really good, so good in fact he would make up the entire Pepperdine Football team
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:03 am

I agree that Jamie Mauch will be able to play college ball if he wants to.  He is a great athlete and works at the sport.  He has great work ethic and that is what you need at the college level. 

Wisthof will have a chance to in my opinion, I have only seen him play a few times but was impressed by his games.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:45 am

This kind of stuff isn't really worth talking about. There are anywhere from 2 to 6 players on every team that could play college football if they "wanted to". That is the biggest thing, if they want to. I've seen some not so great athletes that weren't even stars on their high school teams end up starting for 1 or 2 years at some of the DAC schools. I realize that not that many kids will get scholarships either. But if you have a work ethic and little athletic ability, you can play DAC football.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:58 am

nordstde wrote:This kind of stuff isn't really worth talking about. There are anywhere from 2 to 6 players on every team that could play college football if they "wanted to". That is the biggest thing, if they want to. I've seen some not so great athletes that weren't even stars on their high school teams end up starting for 1 or 2 years at some of the DAC schools. I realize that not that many kids will get scholarships either. But if you have a work ethic and little athletic ability, you can play DAC football.
It will take a lot  more than a little athletic ability to start at Mayville State.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:51 am

It will take a lot  more than a little athletic ability to start at Mayville State.

I don't know about that did you see Maydump play last year? That was the most unathletic team I have ever seen in the DAC.

I almost felt sorry for them ......................   almost.

I do get your point though, even the starters at Mayville would be studs on any high school team.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:01 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

I don't know about that did you see Maydump play last year? That was the most unathletic team I have ever seen in the DAC.

I almost felt sorry for them ......................   almost.

I do get your point though, even the starters at Mayville would be studs on any high school team.

It was meant as a joke.  I went to every home MSU game and sat through it all.  And even some of the people that played on that team would not have been studs on some nd high school football teams.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to 9 - Man