Region 2=Toughest region??????

The teams in 9 Man

Postby beachy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:45 pm

Is region 2 gonan be the toughest region this year in 9 man football?
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:35 am

I don't believe Region 2 will be the "toughest" region, but I do believe it will be a very deep region with good teams really from top to bottom.  I'm not sure of the new playoff format with the revamped regions, but there will still be a couple of good teams left out when it comes playoff time. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby beachy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:27 am

ya i think so....i think the top 4 teams will be going to the playoffs and there are 5 really good teams in Hankinson, Richland, Hillsburro, Northern cass, and Wyndmere.... the top 4 could go to any of these 5 teams...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:29 am

Region 3 is also going to be a really tough region also With North Border Lakota and Dakota Prarie
Big Hitter

Postby point/center » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:56 am

Region 1 (or what was the old region 4) has had 6 out of the last 7 state champions.  including Linton. This year TL played Napoleon for the title.....

toughest? yeah I think so.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:33 pm

Top to bottom Region 1 was weak last year and may not be much better this year.  Napoleon obviously was the best, after that Edgeley-Kulm was mediocre, Ellendale was young, Oakes was not that good, Strasburg-Zeeland was bad.  The addition of Steele and Wishek don't add much to the region this year.  The old Region 4 would win the discussion hands down, but move TLM and Linton out and with the declining enrollments of the rest of the schools this region is on the down slope

Region 2 you add a top 5 team from class A in Hankinson, a traditional 9 man power in Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Richland a good young team last year, Hillsboro and Northern Cass who are programs going in the right direction.  They have claim to the toughest region, but Region 3 is right on their tails.  I give the edge to region 2 because of the depth.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toast36 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:43 pm

The new alignment sure did throw some tough teams into region 2.  It looks pretty stacked i dont see any of the teams having a perfect record. Its going to be difficult for some of the other teams like BCN and maybe Griggs.Co/Midkota to survive.  But I'm not sure if i want to call it The toughest region.  But it is a very tough one.
toast36
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:28 am

toast36 wrote:The new alignment sure did throw some tough teams into region 2.  It looks pretty stacked i dont see any of the teams having a perfect record. Its going to be difficult for some of the other teams like BCN and maybe Griggs.Co/Midkota to survive.  But I'm not sure if i want to call it The toughest region.  But it is a very tough one.

I agree. Hankinson, Hillsboro, Wyndmere, and Richland are all going to be very good teams. BCN is going to have a tough year, they're going to be very young once again. GCC is another team that is going to be towards the bottom of the region. If im not mistaken they lose their co-op with Finley Sharon, so they're going to have a tough year also.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
toast36 wrote:The new alignment sure did throw some tough teams into region 2.  It looks pretty stacked i dont see any of the teams having a perfect record. Its going to be difficult for some of the other teams like BCN and maybe Griggs.Co/Midkota to survive.  But I'm not sure if i want to call it The toughest region.  But it is a very tough one.

I agree. Hankinson, Hillsboro, Wyndmere, and Richland are all going to be very good teams. BCN is going to have a tough year, they're going to be very young once again. GCC is another team that is going to be towards the bottom of the region. If im not mistaken they lose their co-op with Finley Sharon, so they're going to have a tough year also.

With the Big 4, Hankinson, Hillsboro, Wyndmere, and Richland running this region it will be tough for teams to survive.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man