Favorite offense

The teams in 9 Man

What is your favorite style of offense

Power ( Run 90% of the time)
35%
Option (Wishbone, Veer, Spread Option,ETC.)
15%
Spread ( Shotgun Pass Happy )
33%
Ace (Single back Zone blocking QB read on pass)
3%
Misdirection (Wing "T", Double slot or Wing, Jet motion offense.)
15%

Total votes : 40

Postby Tide04 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:09 am

ND_Coach wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I thought Cavalier was more of a Wing T team

I do not know anyone running the full house T.  Adams Edinburg Edmore ran a series of stack "I" and Watford ran some power "I"

Hillsboro ran a lot of power I.  I remember Cavalier ran a lot of the full house T

Does anyone in the state run the split back Veer?  I know Steele did, but they went to more of a run and shoot type option the past two years.

Also, are there any 3-5-3 Teams in the state?

Minot Ryan runs a split back Veer........quite effectively I might add. 
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mitchstrand » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Has anyone once else seen the offense that E/NL before they became Grant COunty.  Their whole offense was option dives, where the QB would hold the ball WITH the fullback until he got tackled, then lateral it the RB or keep it himself.  They sucked at it, because they never had a good year except when they got Flasher/Carson kids since 1999.  But when they had a good QB, it was a think of beauty.  One of the hardest offenses to stop!!! To bad they never had the athletes.
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:23 am

mitchstrand wrote:Has anyone once else seen the offense that E/NL before they became Grant COunty.  Their whole offense was option dives, where the QB would hold the ball WITH the fullback until he got tackled, then lateral it the RB or keep it himself.  They sucked at it, because they never had a good year except when they got Flasher/Carson kids since 1999.  But when they had a good QB, it was a think of beauty.  One of the hardest offenses to stop!!! To bad they never had the athletes.

Actually, they didn't get Flasher/Carson kids until 2003-2004. E/NL went to the state playoffs in 1999-2000 and lost to eventual champion Linton.
ndfbfan

Postby mitchstrand » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:13 am

O my bad, i thought i mentioned that, they were stacked that year, Tim Kallis was a beast!! sorry about that, that is what i meant that when they had the athletes, they were amazing.   I don't remember who the QB was, but the next closest player they had to pulling that off was JEsse Roth, the other qbs they had didn't do that good of the job with that offense. ANd i didn't mean they got F/C kids in 1999, i played against them from 00-03.  I meant they didn't have a good team since from E/NL since 1999 until F/C came over in 04. I actually believe they finished in second-to-last place every year only beating Glen Ullin-Hebron who had a losing streak in the 50's from 2000-2003.
Last edited by mitchstrand on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:13 pm

mitchstrand wrote:O my bad, i thought i mentioned that, they were stacked that year, Tim Kallis was a beast!! sorry about that, that is what i meant that when they had the athletes, they were amazing.   I don't remember who the QB was, but the next closest player they had to pulling that off was JEsse Roth, the other qbs they had didn't do that good of the job with that offense. ANd i didn't mean they got F/C kids in 1999, i played against them from 00-03.  I meant they didn't have a good team since from E/NL since 1999 until F/C came over in 04. I actually believe they finished in second-to-last place every year only beating Glen Ullin-Hebron who had a losing streak in the 50's from 2000-2003.
Erik Zacher was the quarterback. He's cousins to Tyler Zacher from Beulah
ndfbfan

Postby mitchstrand » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:13 am

yes!!! i knew it started with a Z.  That kid did a GREAT job with the offense, especially with it being so complex.  And if im not mistaken, he started a couple of years and had a chance to play as QB at the varsity level, which helped him, Unlike Gaugler and Roth, who were both great athletes, especially with gaugler on defense, but in the end it was too hard for them to get down even with gaining varsity experience early in their careers. 
Last edited by mitchstrand on Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man