Top 5 Teams for 07 Season

The teams in 9 Man

Postby homer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:51 am

:headsmack::tape:  oops your right forgot about the new alignment
homer

Postby UNDHeisman » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:38 pm

Central McLean (TL-M & Underwood) will be an automatic contender for sure. Here are the reasons why.

1. They are returning 7 players who were either "All Conference" or "All Region".

2. Because of their numbers (40+ on the roster), they will be one of the only teams in the state who will have several players playing one-way. Also, they will have extremely competitive practices due to their large number of good players.

3. 2006 9-man coach of the year and ND coaching great Keith Sundquist will combine with Underwood coach (Sundquists good friend) Doctor. Doctor is also a ND football coaching great. On top of that they have two very good assistant coaches. 4 good coaches!? Imagine how efficient the practices and play calling will be.

4. Mitch Lang (beat on the street is that UND, NDSU, Kansas Sate and other schools have already contacted him to play after H.S.)

5. THE HOGS! This O-Line/D-Line may go down as one of the biggest/strongest in ND 9-man history. The average weight could be somewhere around 230-240 pounds!

6. Evan Nelson & Frankie Lopez - Nelson is a 200 + pound LB/QB who might be the smartest football player on the team. Frankie Lopez was the backup to Fargo South's stud RB last season and I would assume he will be a shoe in for the starting HB spot. (rumor has it that he consistently beat cullum in wind sprints this winter in basketball practice).
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDHeisman » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:42 pm

If Central McLean could only get Cam Malzer (6ft + All District basketball player) to play WR for them! If LeBron James wasnt "too good" at basketball to play football (all state ohio WR) then Cam sure as heck isnt!
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:46 pm

UNDHeisman wrote:If Central McLean could only get Cam Malzer (6ft + All District basketball player) to play WR for them! If LeBron James wasnt "too good" at basketball to play football (all state ohio WR) then Cam sure as heck isnt!

That means Cam would be an all state receiver?

Whats the story on Frankie Lopez transferring?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:57 pm

UNDHeisman wrote:Central McLean (TL-M & Underwood) will be an automatic contender for sure. Here are the reasons why.

1. They are returning 7 players who were either "All Conference" or "All Region".

2. Because of their numbers (40+ on the roster), they will be one of the only teams in the state who will have several players playing one-way. Also, they will have extremely competitive practices due to their large number of good players.

3. 2006 9-man coach of the year and ND coaching great Keith Sundquist will combine with Underwood coach (Sundquists good friend) Doctor. Doctor is also a ND football coaching great. On top of that they have two very good assistant coaches. 4 good coaches!? Imagine how efficient the practices and play calling will be.

4. Mitch Lang (beat on the street is that UND, NDSU, Kansas Sate and other schools have already contacted him to play after H.S.)

5. THE HOGS! This O-Line/D-Line may go down as one of the biggest/strongest in ND 9-man history. The average weight could be somewhere around 230-240 pounds!

6. Evan Nelson & Frankie Lopez - Nelson is a 200 + pound LB/QB who might be the smartest football player on the team. Frankie Lopez was the backup to Fargo South's stud RB last season and I would assume he will be a shoe in for the starting HB spot. (rumor has it that he consistently beat cullum in wind sprints this winter in basketball practice).

try 5th string behind 1. solum 2. horner. 3. gackle 4. felch 5. lopez
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby simply the best 10 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:26 pm

homer wrote:region 2 has some possibilities hankinson ,wyndmere,richland ,hillsboro,bcn,etc.etc

So the all the top 5 teams and 7 out of the top 10 teams are going to be from region two, sure. I think you are exactly what your user name is, A HOMER.
Last edited by simply the best 10 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 pm

I think part of your user name is short for simpleton i didnt say those five were going to be the top five in the state i said that any one of them could be just like the others mentioned from other regions
homer

Postby homer » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:19 am

hey shakespeare i  think you found your place in life
homer

Postby statpacker » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:50 pm

We played against parshalls Jr. High team this year and we watched their varsity, they gt some pretty decent size and theirs this kid my brother had to block but was a monster, and they have a pretty fast RB, so watch for them two nxt year
statpacker

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:26 pm

o really, i played parshall this year and our starters got taken out just after the first quarter.  i dunno i guess i didn think they were very good.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:43 pm

When was the last time parshall even made playoffs?
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tiny » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:47 pm

As Napoleon demonstrated in the state championship this year, size is not everything you need to have athletic kids on the line.
Last edited by Tiny on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:17 pm

True, but some of Napolean's players are wrestlers, and state champion wrestlers at that. So just because they weren't "big" doesnt mean that they weren't strong. There is a big difference from being big and being strong. I'll take the strong over bigs in most situations.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:35 am

statpacker wrote:We played against parshalls Jr. High team this year and we watched their varsity, they gt some pretty decent size and theirs this kid my brother had to block but was a monster, and they have a pretty fast RB, so watch for them two nxt year

That monster your brother had to block could've been Rudy Young Bird and the pretty fast RB probably one of the Packineau brothers.  That's just a guess though.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
statpacker wrote:We played against parshalls Jr. High team this year and we watched their varsity, they gt some pretty decent size and theirs this kid my brother had to block but was a monster, and they have a pretty fast RB, so watch for them two nxt year

That monster your brother had to block could've been Rudy Young Bird and the pretty fast RB probably one of the Packineau brothers.  That's just a guess though.

Nah parshalls got a kid over 300, and 2 or three more over 250. They might not be that hard to block cuz in their warmups before games all of their linemen run routes, so theyre prolly pretty tired. Then Neil was QB till he got hurt, and Nathaniel was a WR.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby blaze88 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:11 pm

parshall will not be one of the top teams in the state next year for sure. they have a couple kids over 300 lbs. one of them was at 375 when he weighed in for fall practice. rudy was the probably not the big guy blocking because he played some qb last year. their running back was from north shore and they are now co-oping with berthold plus he is graduating i think.
blaze88

Postby IceCold_Football » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Mott/Regent should have a pretty good team next year i mean they do have alot of there starters back except for a few like like their star running back and jahner but i mean their running back wasnt even suppose to be that good bucause gion was suppose to be there but got hurt but now hes back and well we will see how good they do next year
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Billy Asp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Sargent Central, Hankinson, Richland (as always) those are just a few in my area that i know.
-Asp
Billy Asp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Brady Langan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:17 pm

st. john could be iff we cut out all the cryin and play team football
Brady Langan

Postby zags_22 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:43 am

I think mott/regent will be once again one of the favorites, does anybody have any info on Belfield though?  They were eleven man last year i know but does anybody know any key stats or players?
zags_22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:14 am

Hillsboro, Hankinson, Richland
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed May 02, 2007 10:30 am

region 1 - edgeley/kulm, napoleon/gs better teams

ellendale, sargent central, oakes, steele/dawson, stras/zee, wish/ash will be fighting it out for 3/4

region 2 - hillsboro, hankinson, richland
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:46 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:region 1 - edgeley/kulm, napoleon/gs better teams

ellendale, sargent central, oakes, steele/dawson, stras/zee, wish/ash will be fighting it out for 3/4

Did Edgely Kulm lose anybody good from last year? I can only remember Knudson
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu May 03, 2007 8:10 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:region 1 - edgeley/kulm, napoleon/gs better teams

Did Edgely Kulm lose anybody good from last year? I can only remember Knudson

knudson and rupp accoring to their roster on ndhsaa.com...i didn't realize they were that young last year.
rep

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri May 04, 2007 5:42 pm

very young.....didn't lose a lot....should be interesting between them and Napoleon......and i have the a lot of respect for Kosel/Klusmann; those two always seem to produce tough fb teams, year in and year out, might not always win state titles
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man