Top 5 Teams for 07 Season

The teams in 9 Man

Postby nordstde » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Ticket 0115, I was there and yes, Placek ran over Lang a couple of different times, but Lang also ran him over. I'm not saying Lang isn't good, because he is a beast, I'm just saying that he was so talked up like he murders people on the field and I wasn't that impressed by his so called "big hitting" ability. Were you at that hame last fall? Are you from that area?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:00 pm

Also Ticket0115, I have three different copies of the tape, so if you want to watch it again, I'll be happy to show you.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:15 am

[align=left]Well to tell u the truth i have alot more copies then three i can actually send u a box set with the game against mott and divide and also the state championship if u want me too. And as far as lang and placek I agree that they both are very physical players and also think that Placek had a bigger game and bigger year then lang but both were top linebackers in the state of North Dakota last year.
[/align]
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:16 am

I played in the game im from Turtle Lake
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:30 am

I figured you did, and I'm not trying to turn this into an argument about who has more tapes of that game. Forget about it, that was a heck of a game. I'm from Divide, my senior year was fall of 04. We did pretty good, lost to Edgeley in semifinals by two. That was a great game too. What do you think about the co-op you guys have this year? I know you guys will have a great line on both sides. What about skill positions though?
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:19 am

Yeh are line will definently be are strength but we have virtually no skill position players returning other then underwoods quarterback from last year who is sub par and Ethan Fylling and Evan Nelson from turtle lake who were both recievers last year and those are the only starters returning as far as skill postions. The line will be very big most likely with noone under 200 up front and also alot of experience. Mitch Lang is back at fullback to but hes not going to provide any game changing stats definently a blocking fullback.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Our line will also be one of our strenghts. It always has been. The kids aren't as big now as they used to be, but they still play smart and tough. We lose both of our backs in Placek and Jamtgard. We also lose Gjovig at guard, who was a very good lineman. As for defense Placek and Jamtgard were linebackers, and Gjovig was at DT. It will hurt to lose them, but that is the fewest number of seniors we have lost in a long time. We never have much of a problem replacing studs, so we should be ok at those positions. As for offense, alot of our success will come down to our junior quaterback Quin Ellison. He started all of last year, and did a pretty good job considering he was only a Soph. He has good accuracy but not much zip on his throws. He can run pretty well with the ball also. We have plenty of talent surrounding him too. 5 or 6 juniors and seniors with plenty of experience handling the football. Like I said, we only lose 1 o-linemen, so the line will be solid, maybe great. I'm going to make sort of a bold statement and say that we could have the best defense in the state. There aren't really any "standout" players, but there are alot of kids that have experience and plenty of talent. Our region will come down to us and Williams County. It is our last game of the year, and they are already talking up a storm. Success in the playoffs for us will all come down to how bad these kids want it and taking care of the football. Divide County has talent and great coaching just like always, so we'll have to see what happens this fall.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:07 pm

hey ticket do u remember sayin how evan nelson hits so sick on tlms team, well u being evan nelson, do u remember that screen play to placek?
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Ouch. That probably hurt.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:05 pm

yeh it did hurt alot im not gonna lie placek was a dang good fullback and linebacker but doesnt it hurt a little bit more that we won the game in the end.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:39 pm

Well this is what you wrote.

all i kno this will be a big game.  the X factors will be number #15 and #42 for the trojans they have been bruising opponents running backs the past 2 weekends.  one planted tyler gross on a crucial 4th and 1 and had the interception that sealed the victory for the trojans. and #42 had 20 tackles on the game and was a great lead blocker for mister everything Eddie Cullum. all of the trojans can hit but these kids are sick. there not right mentally. there bad lil men.

Sounds like you have a pretty big head, and im sure uve wrote a lot more posts about yourself too.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:41 pm

Yeah, I agree. And there are WAY to many people on here that only talk about their team and players.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:09 pm

I didnt write that a friend of mine wrote that because i didnt log out after i left his house and i dont think it is an entirely untrue statement not trying to be boastful but we did play in the middle and u guys ran the ball right at every opponent so i thought we were the keys.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:23 pm

It was alot more than boastful though.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man