Semifinal Matchups

The teams in 9 Man

Semifinal Matchups

Postby TC21 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:10 pm

Westope-Newburg-Glenburn VS North Prairie

This game features the two best players in the state in Walker Braaten and Blake Mattson. I think there will be a lot points put up in this one. Offensive styles are completely different. WNG likes to open it up on offense and relies on a lot of big plays. North Prairie will run the ball right at you with their athletic offensive line leading the way passing just enough to keep teams honest. In the end I’m going to take North Prairie in this one mostly because their battle tested in 7 of their last 8 games were against playoff teams.

North Prairie 52 WNG 40

New-Rockford- Shyenne-Maddock VS South Border

This one is a tough one to pick for me as both teams just barely got by the last round opponents which I thought they would have won easily last week. I think south border is a little banged up and was missing a couple starters not sure if they can play this week or not. I will take NRSM in this one once again there more battle tested region 2 was a very tough region to win and they did it.

NRSM 42 South Border 32
TC21
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Semifinal Matchups

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:27 pm

I'll choose W-N-G and South Border...would be interesting to have two western teams make it to the Dakota Bowl
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ChickenNuggets » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:18 pm

Westhope-Newberg-Glenburn @ North Prairie

North Prairie was my #1 team from the beginning of the year. Take away one game where their top two QB's were out most of the game against another semi-finalist team (That they still nearly won), and they have looked like the best team in the state all year. The WNG QB is a phenomenal player and will make some big plays no doubt, but I'm sticking to my guns and going North Prairie in this one. Defense wins championships and I think that will be the difference maker. NP gets a few more stops.

South Border @ New Rockford/Sheyenne/Maddock

Both of these teams have looked fantastic all season long. This should be a really good game! Maybe I am crazy, but I think tradition and culture could play a role in this game. NRS has been a solid program making some very deep playoff runs for quite some time. South Border has really come on strong these last couple years, but this is new territory for them as a program and coaching staff. They've done a fantastic job, but sometimes the moment can be too big. That and from what I have heard, SB may have a few banged up players so NRSM might be the healthier team at this point in the season, plus they have home field advantage. I can't help but pick the Rockets In this one to make it an All Region 2 state title game.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:31 pm

North Prairie def. Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn 54-36
South Border def. New Rockford-Sheyenne/Maddock 32-28

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:32 pm

WalkingStick wrote:I'll choose W-N-G and South Border...would be interesting to have two western teams make it to the Dakota Bowl

North Prairie played very well...should be a fun 9-man title

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:14 am

North Prairie vs South Border, Should be a great game, too bad there has to be a winner and a loser. Both teams worked so hard to get to this point. Prediction: Mustangs 36 Cougars 30
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to 9 - Man