Week 7- What to Watch

The teams in 9 Man

Week 7- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:04 pm

Oh man this season has been crazy! Lots of shake-ups again this past week which leads to a whole lot to look forward to in week 7!

Region 1-
LaMoure L-M (4-2) @ Hankinson (3-3)

As it stands to date, these two are in the drivers seats to being playoff teams. Sargent County has a firm grasp on the #1 spot in the region (Barring any crazy upets), but LaMoure can take the 2nd spot and ensure a home playoff game by winning out. Step one is to get a win over Hankinson while they still have a week 9 date with Wyndmere/Lidgerwood. Hankinson controls their own destiny, but a win here could help them move up in the standings to potentially earn a #3 seed out of the region, whereas a loss would mean they need to win out against Richland and Griggs County to ensure that 4th playoff spot. I'm going to go with LaMoure in this one. Loboes win 48-28

Region 2-
North Star (4-1) @ North Prairie (5-1)

Both teams come in with an identical 4-1 record against Region 2 opponents and both of their losses came via New Rockford so this game is HUGE with the winner being in the drivers seat to claim the #2 spot and that all-important home playoff game. These two teams couldn't be any different. North Star is an air it out, explosive offensive team while North Prairie is a big, mean, grind-it-out style of team. I do think that the biggest difference in this game is going to come down to defense. I think that North Prairie will give up a few big plays to this explosive offense through the air, but in the end they'll make a few more stops. I think it will look similar to their game last week against LaMorue. I'll take North Prairie to win this one 54-30

Region 3-
Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn (6-0) vs. Alexander (6-0)

A region 3 title is not guaranteed to the winner of this contest, but it certainly goes a very long way towards earning that crown. There are only 5 undefeated teams remaining and these are two of them going head to head. I think that the WNG QB is one of the very best players in the state and in a big game, he must be the difference maker. I think he will be in this contest. I'll go with WNG to win this one 60-42 in a shootout.

Region 4-
South Border (6-0) @ New Salem-Almont (5-1)

South Border has been scratching and clawing for a region championship the past couple years, but NSA has always been the team to step in their way and deny them that opportunity. I don't think that will be the case this year. NSA Is coming off of their first regular season loss since 2016 (They did play 2 years of 11-man in that stretch). That loss came to a team that South Border beat by 38 points just two weeks prior to that. South Border hasn't played a game closer than 3 touchdowns this year and looks to be clicking on all cylinders. I'm going to take the Mustangs in this one 38-22

BONUS PICK-
Hettinger County (3-3) @ Kidder County (4-2)

This region has supplied the most unpredictable results so far this year. Kidder County currently sits at 4-2 in the region, sitting in that 4th place position. Hettinger County started 0-2 on the year and then rattled off wins in 3 of the next four weeks including back to back wins over Linton and at the time, #1 New Salem-Almont to jump right back into the playoff hunt. A win here would give them the same record as Kidder County and a head to head tie-breaker. There's a lot of football left to be played but the winner of this game would certainly be in a position to control their own destiny when it comes to making the playoffs. I'm going to pick the red hot Hettinger County squad to win this one by a score of 36-24.

This week's Top-10
1- Sargent County
2- WNG
3- South Border
4- New Rockford-S-M
5- North Prairie
6- LaMoure-L-M
7- New Salem-Almont
8- North Star
9- Grant County-Flasher
10- Wyndmere/Lidgerwood
*Note- I have no idea how/why I forgot to include LaMoure in last week's top-10. That was an error on my part.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 7- What to Watch

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:31 pm

ChickenNuggets wrote:Oh man this season has been crazy! Lots of shake-ups again this past week which leads to a whole lot to look forward to in week 7!
Region 2-
North Star (4-1) @ North Prairie (5-1)

Both teams come in with an identical 4-1 record against Region 2 opponents and both of their losses came via New Rockford so this game is HUGE with the winner being in the drivers seat to claim the #2 spot and that all-important home playoff game. These two teams couldn't be any different. North Star is an air it out, explosive offensive team while North Prairie is a big, mean, grind-it-out style of team. I do think that the biggest difference in this game is going to come down to defense. I think that North Prairie will give up a few big plays to this explosive offense through the air, but in the end they'll make a few more stops. I think it will look similar to their game last week against LaMorue. I'll take North Prairie to win this one 54-30

NP struggled with NRSM when they aired it out in their game. NS should have an even better passing attack. Not sure NS has the defense or size up front to hold the NP running game in check. This has the makings of a shootout. Would not be surprised to see both teams score 50+
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man