NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Region 5 and Region 6

Postby Sorenson23 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:55 am

Region 5 should be a very competitive region
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 am

After week 1, I would assume that in region 6 Hettinger-Scranton is closer to Beach and GCF than people originally thought. In Region 5 I would say that New Salem-Almont is the top of the region and then it's a toss up after that. We will probably have a better idea after Fridays games.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 am

After a few more weeks of competition its pretty clear that Hettinger Scranton is the team to beat in Region 6 after their convincing win against GCF (who I think will be the 2 seed). MRNE has been playing better the last couple of weeks and the winner of their game against Beach will probably end up as the 3 seed in the region.

In region 5 I think the winner of the NSA and Napoleon game on Friday will win the region. However, South Border is the real deal and a 3 way tie for the first seed is very possible (Napoleon beats NSA and South Border beats Napoleon) but I'll say its going to be Napoleon, NSA and South Border for the 3 playoff seeds.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:30 pm

I think Region 5 will be decided Friday night. The winner between New Salem-Napoleon will be the #1 seed. If South Border defeats Kidder County that puts them in the drivers seat to be #2 or #3 depending on their game with Napoleon in 2 weeks. From what I have seen of Napoleon this season they really like to air it out and that could be a problem if weather becomes a factor at any point this season. I see Region 5 ending up with Napoleon #1, New Salem #2 and South Border #3. It would quite the turnaround for South Border to go from bottom feeder the last number of years to making it to the play-offs this season.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:26 am

Sportsrube wrote:I think Region 5 will be decided Friday night. The winner between New Salem-Napoleon will be the #1 seed. If South Border defeats Kidder County that puts them in the drivers seat to be #2 or #3 depending on their game with Napoleon in 2 weeks. From what I have seen of Napoleon this season they really like to air it out and that could be a problem if weather becomes a factor at any point this season. I see Region 5 ending up with Napoleon #1, New Salem #2 and South Border #3. It would quite the turnaround for South Border to go from bottom feeder the last number of years to making it to the play-offs this season.

Regardless of how these three shake out 1-3 in playoff seeding, I would hate to be the region runner-up who "Gets" to host this regions #3 seed... depending on bracketing, there could be some region champs who are not going to enjoy playing these teams in their first play off games.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man