Standouts 2020-2021

The teams in 9 Man

Standouts 2020-2021

Postby ChickenNuggets » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Who have been the standout players so far this year? I would love to hear about some of the top performers around the state in 9-man, both offensively and defensively. Have there been any surprise teams that have emerged as play-off contenders? Based on what you have seen so far, what are the match-ups that you are excited for down the road whether it be team vs. team or a top play-maker going up against a stellar defense, or two highly touted players that could match up in a game? Lets get some chatter going.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Standouts 2020-2021

Postby ChickenNuggets » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:21 am

Midco Sports has given game balls to the Satrom kid from MPCG and Dunn from St. John. They must be having good years as both teams are unbeaten so far.

I see that Kidder County and Beach, both unbeaten, play this week. Kidder has already beaten Linton so if they win they would be in the drivers seat to win the region and likely secure the #1 overall seed for playoffs.

When does MPCG play LaMoure? When Does St. John play Cavalier? and in the other region, when does Ray/PL play Surrey? Those look to be the unbeaten teams remaining in each region.

Who do you see winning each region and how do you see the top 4 overall seeds shaking out?
My prediction- If Kidder wins that region they will be the #1 seed. I think that's a tough region and being defending state champs doesn't hurt either. If Cavalier runs the table and wins the region I would say they would be the #2 overall playoff seed followed by LaMoure, however if St. John wins Region 2 I could see LaMoure moving up to the #2 seed and St. John being #3.If MPCG beats LaMoure and wins the region I see them as a #3 behind Cavalier or St. John. I do think that Ray/PL will win their region, but see them as a #4 seed as I do feel that is the weaker of the 4 regions.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 1footballfan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:26 pm

I am hearing news about a few standouts around the state.
1footballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:17 pm

ChickenNuggets wrote:Midco Sports has given game balls to the Satrom kid from MPCG and Dunn from St. John. They must be having good years as both teams are unbeaten so far.

I see that Kidder County and Beach, both unbeaten, play this week. Kidder has already beaten Linton so if they win they would be in the drivers seat to win the region and likely secure the #1 overall seed for playoffs.

When does MPCG play LaMoure? When Does St. John play Cavalier? and in the other region, when does Ray/PL play Surrey? Those look to be the unbeaten teams remaining in each region.

Who do you see winning each region and how do you see the top 4 overall seeds shaking out?
My prediction- If Kidder wins that region they will be the #1 seed. I think that's a tough region and being defending state champs doesn't hurt either. If Cavalier runs the table and wins the region I would say they would be the #2 overall playoff seed followed by LaMoure, however if St. John wins Region 2 I could see LaMoure moving up to the #2 seed and St. John being #3.If MPCG beats LaMoure and wins the region I see them as a #3 behind Cavalier or St. John. I do think that Ray/PL will win their region, but see them as a #4 seed as I do feel that is the weaker of the 4 regions.

Cavalier already beat St. John
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:22 pm

packers21 wrote:
ChickenNuggets wrote:Midco Sports has given game balls to the Satrom kid from MPCG and Dunn from St. John. They must be having good years as both teams are unbeaten so far.

Original post was from 9/17 so Cavalier hadn't played SJ yet :wink:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:58 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Original post was from 9/17 so Cavalier hadn't played SJ yet :wink:

Whoops my bad nuggies
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to 9 - Man