College

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:59 am

Who has potential to legitimately play football in college any level it doesnt matter?

It sounds like 1/2 or better of the Napolean kids could, but who is and where to?:D  
ndfootballwrestling

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:02 pm

I hear all three runningbacks from Wahpeton are college matereial

other than that a majority of the big names have been mentioned on this site under one topic or another.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pfenix » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:23 pm

I could see tyler grosz playing for an naia team like dsu or the like.  He's the right size for that level and has the skill to compete
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:42 pm

Is Cullum playing anywhere?

sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:39 pm

sapp_jr_99 wrote:Is Cullum playing anywhere?

He visited U-mary and VSCU both seemed very interested, i would guess lets see who throws the best deal and what is best for him
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:56 am

Anyone else down there in that area playing?
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:03 am

i heard aaron delvo from central valley signed at mayville state. he's a very good d-back.
PA42

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:15 am

That would give Mayville one good d-back then.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:25 am

mayville state is a not a good football team, but they should at least get credit for trying to recruit local talent.
PA42

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:57 am

No doubt, I do agree, and to get a local kid to go to Mayville knowing their history is amazing recruiting.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:18 pm

If Mayville would recruit more Central Valley kids they would be pretty good.  I few years back i think they had three or four Central Valley kids playing.  Too bad they didn't get Brent Vigen around that same time.  He is currently a coordinator of some kid at SU.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby homer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:39 pm

mr vigen is a recruiter for ndsu maybe someone should tell coach boll that cause according to the road scholar pong he probably doesnt know where to look for good talent heaven forbid if he would look to a nine man player to recruit
homer

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:11 am

Tiger Pride wrote:If Mayville would recruit more Central Valley kids they would be pretty good.  I few years back i think they had three or four Central Valley kids playing.  Too bad they didn't get Brent Vigen around that same time.  He is currently a coordinator of some kid at SU.

That's my point exactly, I remember when Mayville state had 3  central valley kids starting at Mayville. All fantastic athletes. The team was horrible in fact they were about as bad as this year.

Vigen is the QB coach at NDSU.

But, good for Mayville, top local athletes are great for any college program it does not matter if they were from 9-man or 11-man schools.

Back in 1988 VCSU won the confrence and played in  the national playoffs. Every skilled positon on that team played 9-man in highschool.

Darrin Loe,QB Norman county west. Tyler Schlect, WR Enderlin. Pat Kubben, WR Cooperstown. Bret Sorenson, TE Page. Tom Gilbertson, RB Maddock, Allen Burgad, FB Strasburg. They also had local 9-man linemen too. like Brian Haugen, T Cando. and Jim Breckheimer, T Tolna. Two other starters on offense were Greg Horner, G Fargo North. and Don Lennon, G Rugby.

On defense they also had local talent Kyle Smith, LB Carrington. Don Lingen, S Hankinson. Scott Rohrich, CB Valley City. Bruce Nelson, DE East Grand Forks. Darron Berry, DT Jamestown. Rob Keller, DE Jamestown. Paul Olson, S Mcklusky. Heck even the kicker and punter were Mark Ukestad, TE, K Jamestown. Cory Anderson, QB, P Mcville.

That team played with so much heart and intensity they all came from the same background and had a lot of respect for each other.

Yeah, I would say local talent is important.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:25 am

I haven't heard of many people being recruited but i know Taylor Grunnfeilder, Kyler Harder, and Cory Wall are all going to visit with VCSU on the 15th
Big Hitter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:18 am

What about that Lier from Napoleon is he playin?
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:39 am

I dont' know for sure if he is playing anywhere but I played against him and he was pretty good so yeah he could go play some where
Big Hitter

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:35 am

I'd personally like to see Dewald @ VCSU he's one tough kid.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby Big Hitter » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Yeah that Dewald kid is a great runner so it would be good if he went to VCSU.

Big Hitter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:47 am

Dewalds not playing college
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:49 am

Which player from lakota are you big hitter
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:48 am

Why is Dewald not doing college ball? The kid has a lot of talent and there are opportunities in state for a young man like Jordan to play ball. After watching him this weekend I would have to say hes grown up quite a bit this past year. Congrats and hopefully he doesnt throw the talent aside there are other answers out there. He would even have some opportunities for coachin wrestling I would assume with his credentials...:D:D
ndfootballwrestling

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:55 pm

He just isn't
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Thing on the bis/man news tonight column signed at U-mary
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:32 am

Eddie Culum is going to U-Mary as reported.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:40 am

From Milnor/North Sargent:

Kyle Speich will be playing at Valley City

Logan Peterson will be playing at NDSCS
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Next