Shrine Game

The teams in 9 Man

Shrine Game

Postby vikingman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:37 pm

I thought there was a thread on this a few days ago, but I'm not finding it now.

Anyway, I wasn't there and didn't watch on TV, but I've heard some complaints about the player personnel decisions by the West team. Most glaring was that the coach played his own QB for the entire game. When you are going to participate in your final high school game, everyone should actually get to play at least a quarter.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: Shrine Game

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:41 am

Plus why do they make the west kids drive a full day just to play at a high school, basketball games are at high schools also, way to step NDSU and UND.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classB4ever » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:44 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:Plus why do they make the west kids drive a full day just to play at a high school, basketball games are at high schools also, way to step NDSU and UND.

Thought I heard it is due to a D1 rule change, in that if the game were played at a D1 college venue it would be considered a recruitment violation. Not sure if this is true or not. Hopefully someone else has more information on this.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:Plus why do they make the west kids drive a full day just to play at a high school, basketball games are at high schools also, way to step NDSU and UND.

Well they don't make them do anything...they are offered the opportunity to play in an all-star game. But that aside, I had also heard it was due to the recruiting issues. They have really hammered down on that stuff in the last 5 years. D1 coaches and programs can't do much without having to worry about a violation anymore.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDPREP » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 am

Don't the teams stay at Mayville State all week and practice or is that just 11 man? In reference to driving all day...
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:48 pm

NDPREP wrote:Don't the teams stay at Mayville State all week and practice or is that just 11 man? In reference to driving all day...

Yes, I assumed original poster knew that. It would be kind of crazy for 25 guys to show up at a FB field and play a game without any practice together.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man