Larimore at Cavalier

The teams in 9 Man

Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Oldblue » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 pm

LARIMORE. Yup LARIMORE went into Cavalier’s house for their homecoming and handled them the entire game! Cavalier surely thought this would be a win after beating the Polar Bears 48-18 earlier this season. ‘Desire’.....one team had it. The other team did not. Cavalier now can’t consider next week’s game at Lakota a sure win after this performance, and they certainly won’t stack up against New Rockford the following week! Congratulations on a great win, Larimore!
Oldblue
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Trump » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:59 am

You sure don't like Cavalier Old Blue. Only time you ever post is to run that team through the muck. I see that you have the "desire" for that. Did you see the first match up? What were some differences? What went wrong for Cavalier, and right for Larimore this time? Maybe it's not those kids that you like to tear down. It could have been some missed adjustments along the way...I'm curious to know. I wonder if you ever make it to one of the games that Cavalier has the "desire" to win. If you ever do get to one of those VERY RARE events, it would be fun to hear some highlights from the actual game.
Trump
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Plinko123 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:40 am

There’s no need to be hostile. When something is basically a sure bet in everyone’s eyes doesn’t happen, it’s going to be talked about. People love the underdogs, and no doubt the underdog won.
Plinko123
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby heimer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:20 pm

This should have been a thread about an undermanned Larimore team going to one of the toughest places to play, gaming it up, and earning a win.

Instead, the thread cheapens Larimore's accomplishment, one that can be program changing, by talking about a lack of effort from Cavalier.

Hey Larimore, nice game. I saw Thompson win up there a few years ago. I know how hard it is to finish a game at The Ox. Those kids have a ton of pride, and I for one would never question their effort at home. If you won, you earned it.

Yeah, I'm negative here a lot. I do rip the system, and Ill take after schools that support the system for their own gain. Even I can see this was a chance to be positive.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:25 pm

heimer wrote:This should have been a thread about an undermanned Larimore team going to one of the toughest places to play, gaming it up, and earning a win.

Instead, the thread cheapens Larimore's accomplishment, one that can be program changing, by talking about a lack of effort from Cavalier.

Hey Larimore, nice game. I saw Thompson win up there a few years ago. I know how hard it is to finish a game at The Ox. Those kids have a ton of pride, and I for one would never question their effort at home. If you won, you earned it.

Yeah, I'm negative here a lot. I do rip the system, and Ill take after schools that support the system for their own gain. Even I can see this was a chance to be positive.


Agreed!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14270
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 am

funny thread.....

Cavalier played their best game of the year in St.John, I think St.John is very good!
how many times has the 9-man schedule had a Tuesday night game with a conference opponent and it doesn't count for anything??? stupidest thing I've ever heard of........then, plays that same team literally 17 days later and it counts full boat??
Larimore was the better team on Friday.....very seldom does a 9-man team play the same team 2 times in a season even counting playoffs, although Cavalier did it last year and won both against a very solid Thompson team........undermanned?? Cavalier is Undermanned and they are doing a very very good job being that way,
they were Number 1 all last season, lost some big time all-staters and have rebound much nicer than many many teams have throughout the history (and please don't say "well they should its Cavalier")....

It isn't "funny" Larimore (played well Friday, Hats off) beat Cavalier on Friday night........and it isn't funny when Cavalier beat Larimore 17 days prior.......Its Football, and a lot of people don't understand Football.....Bubba Schweigert does
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 am

winner-within wrote:Cavalier played their best game of the year in St.John, I think St.John is very good!
how many times has the 9-man schedule had a Tuesday night game with a conference opponent and it doesn't count for anything??? stupidest thing I've ever heard of........then, plays that same team literally 17 days later and it counts full boat??

I can't buy into St. John being a good team. North Border is 0-6 and had a halftime lead 1 time (I believe), it was against St. John.

Any chance the Larimore coaches didn't show everything in the first game, knowing it didn't mean anything?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:57 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Cavalier played their best game of the year in St.John, I think St.John is very good!
how many times has the 9-man schedule had a Tuesday night game with a conference opponent and it doesn't count for anything??? stupidest thing I've ever heard of........then, plays that same team literally 17 days later and it counts full boat??

I can't buy into St. John being a good team. North Border is 0-6 and had a halftime lead 1 time (I believe), it was against St. John.

Any chance the Larimore coaches didn't show everything in the first game, knowing it didn't mean anything?


If a team is 4-0 they're good IMO...regardless of who they played.....I realize the entire 9-man community this season is in belief that there is only 3-4 "good" nine man teams...
when Cavalier received a vote or 2 in one poll immediately there was talk some were not deserving, although when St. John did (poll before their game with Cav) it stayed quite so they must be"good" ......
Larimore was dialed in, Coaches with headsets and the whole works (didn't see that down there).....so possibly....
Cav ran down there, they passed
Cav passed up here, they ran

with that said the pass worked well in St. John (real well)
the pass was defended slightly better with Larimore I would say but timing and accuracy were much different in that game....even though there was some Air time also...

If pigskin picked Larimore to win the Region and the Coaches picked Cavalier and Midway Minto bailed out of the mix well than IMO Larimore and Cavalier shouldn't have been the 2 teams that played 2 times...RIDICULOUS

Cavalier went down there last year....they should have come up this year
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby steel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Hey how about just giving Larimore credit, they outplayed Cavalier on that night in all phases. Cavalier had alot of things go their way the 1st time, but not this time. A couple dropped TD passes, ill advised int., 4th and 19 screen pass for a TD for Larimore, tons of missed tackles for Cavalier all added up to a Larimore victory. I don't know why some people just love to bash Cavalier every chance they get, even though they have some really nice kids. It is kind of sickening. I don't know too many teams in any division that have had the success of Cavalier football for decades, but everytime they lose people like to pile on. Get a life. Its high school sports, these kids aren't robots.
steel
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Maybe the coaches wanted to play twice this year after M-M chose to move down to 6-man. I'd rather play a good team twice then a lesser team twice.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14270
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:13 pm

steel wrote:Hey how about just giving Larimore credit, they outplayed Cavalier on that night in all phases. Cavalier had alot of things go their way the 1st time, but not this time. A couple dropped TD passes, ill advised int., 4th and 19 screen pass for a TD for Larimore, tons of missed tackles for Cavalier all added up to a Larimore victory. I don't know why some people just love to bash Cavalier every chance they get, even though they have some really nice kids. It is kind of sickening. I don't know too many teams in any division that have had the success of Cavalier football for decades, but everytime they lose people like to pile on. Get a life. Its high school sports, these kids aren't robots.

Jealousy is probably biggest reason and there can always be 1 or 2 fans that can make everyone look bad.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Maybe the coaches wanted to play twice this year after M-M chose to move down to 6-man. I'd rather play a good team twice then a lesser team twice.

I was told they drew teams out of a hat. I don't think Larimore was excited to play Cavalier twice.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Maybe the coaches wanted to play twice this year after M-M chose to move down to 6-man. I'd rather play a good team twice then a lesser team twice.

I was told they drew teams out of a hat. I don't think Larimore was excited to play Cavalier twice.


I’d still rather play the better team twice...just my opinion. I’m guessing now they are pretty pleased they got a 2nd crack at them.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14270
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Maybe the coaches wanted to play twice this year after M-M chose to move down to 6-man. I'd rather play a good team twice then a lesser team twice.


or an M-M type to fill and a Good team once for all the Marbles.........both are "undermanned" like was said and can't afford loss to injury for braggin rights.....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Maybe the coaches wanted to play twice this year after M-M chose to move down to 6-man. I'd rather play a good team twice then a lesser team twice.


or an M-M type to fill and a Good team once for all the Marbles.........both are "undermanned" like was said and can't afford loss to injury for braggin rights.....


But with everyone else's schedules full by that point (statewide & MN)...what are they supposed to do? They could have not played the game and everyone would have had a bye week then.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14270
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Maybe the coaches wanted to play twice this year after M-M chose to move down to 6-man. I'd rather play a good team twice then a lesser team twice.


or an M-M type to fill and a Good team once for all the Marbles.........both are "undermanned" like was said and can't afford loss to injury for braggin rights.....


But with everyone else's schedules full by that point (statewide & MN)...what are they supposed to do? They could have not played the game and everyone would have had a bye week then.


Bye weeks are totally fine.....gives time to get healthy, and work on stuff...

some may think that I am complaining or griping but that is not the case....this tread started with true disrespect to a certain program....pointing fingers and making accusations like their own head was in a Helmet and knew exactly what everyone was thinking....when its "simply football" and HS Football at that...


Game is over, carry on!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Flip wrote:
steel wrote:Hey how about just giving Larimore credit, they outplayed Cavalier on that night in all phases. Cavalier had alot of things go their way the 1st time, but not this time. A couple dropped TD passes, ill advised int., 4th and 19 screen pass for a TD for Larimore, tons of missed tackles for Cavalier all added up to a Larimore victory. I don't know why some people just love to bash Cavalier every chance they get, even though they have some really nice kids. It is kind of sickening. I don't know too many teams in any division that have had the success of Cavalier football for decades, but everytime they lose people like to pile on. Get a life. Its high school sports, these kids aren't robots.

Jealousy is probably biggest reason and there can always be 1 or 2 fans that can make everyone look bad.


In every Town?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am

everybody on this Thread is a Cavalier person except
Flip
Run
Plinko & Heimer

so a lot of inside insight, just FYI........I've noticed through out the years in Cavalier many many locals don't want the Sports teams to be successful...its sort of odd but true...
the last couple years its worse than its ever been...I'll leave that at that and if anybody would like to discuss this they know exactly how to contact me....


Larimore (I meant, sorry) is and was not the Underdog....when a team has 6 seniors and 6 Juniors they have to be the fav (just saying) Larimore is Underrated IMO (although was picked to win the Region by Pigskins pick) and I believe Cavalier has been Underrated also....Bottom line? Region 1 and Region 2 have some nice Teams
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Plinko123 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:17 pm

winner-within wrote:everybody on this Thread is a Cavalier person except
Flip
Run
Plinko & Heimer

so a lot of inside insight, just FYI........I've noticed through out the years in Cavalier many many locals don't want the Sports teams to be successful...its sort of odd but true...
the last couple years its worse than its ever been...I'll leave that at that and if anybody would like to discuss this they know exactly how to contact me....


Larimore (I meant, sorry) is and was not the Underdog....when a team has 6 seniors and 6 Juniors they have to be the fav (just saying) Larimore is Underrated IMO (although was picked to win the Region by Pigskins pick) and I believe Cavalier has been Underrated also....Bottom line? Region 1 and Region 2 have some nice Teams



While I’m not from cavalier, I really never had a problem with the program until this year. I have my reasons and choose not to post them at this time. Maybe after the season I’ll explain more. I’ve played against Vistad and Matt Anderson their only year in Single A, and I had a blast going against them. I know I may not know others reasons to not care for cavalier, but I know mine and it’s fairly reasonable.
Plinko123
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Plinko123 wrote:
winner-within wrote:everybody on this Thread is a Cavalier person except
Flip
Run
Plinko & Heimer

so a lot of inside insight, just FYI........I've noticed through out the years in Cavalier many many locals don't want the Sports teams to be successful...its sort of odd but true...
the last couple years its worse than its ever been...I'll leave that at that and if anybody would like to discuss this they know exactly how to contact me....


Larimore (I meant, sorry) is and was not the Underdog....when a team has 6 seniors and 6 Juniors they have to be the fav (just saying) Larimore is Underrated IMO (although was picked to win the Region by Pigskins pick) and I believe Cavalier has been Underrated also....Bottom line? Region 1 and Region 2 have some nice Teams



While I’m not from cavalier, I really never had a problem with the program until this year. I have my reasons and choose not to post them at this time. Maybe after the season I’ll explain more. I’ve played against Vistad and Matt Anderson their only year in Single A, and I had a blast going against them. I know I may not know others reasons to not care for cavalier, but I know mine and it’s fairly reasonable.


I stated that....although, my take from your fist post was not that you dislike them....good to know
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 pm

winner-within wrote:everybody on this Thread is a Cavalier person except
Flip
Run
Plinko & Heimer

so a lot of inside insight, just FYI........I've noticed through out the years in Cavalier many many locals don't want the Sports teams to be successful...its sort of odd but true...
the last couple years its worse than its ever been...I'll leave that at that and if anybody would like to discuss this they know exactly how to contact me....


Larimore (I meant, sorry) is and was not the Underdog....when a team has 6 seniors and 6 Juniors they have to be the fav (just saying) Larimore is Underrated IMO (although was picked to win the Region by Pigskins pick) and I believe Cavalier has been Underrated also....Bottom line? Region 1 and Region 2 have some nice Teams


I have zero issues with Cavalier. I have issues when users only goal is to come to this site to berate and put down HS athletes. On the schedule situation...I'm wondering if the region coaches didn't want the bye week and wanted to play the games instead (I'm do not know...I am speculating). I only commented here because I agreed with a few statements heimer brought to the post. Larimore earned the win last week; could be fun if they met for a 3rd time this fall.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14270
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Trump » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:17 pm

I just can't imagine that high school kids should be disliked because of the name on the front of their jersey. I don't like some coaches from different teams for a few different reasons. Some send kids intentionally as head hunters, some treat their kids like crap, some are just unfit. That doesn't mean the kids that they are coaching deserve to be looked at negatively. When all is said and done, Steele said it right yesterday...these are just high school kids, they are not robots. I wish everyone knew the blood sweat and tears these kids have put into this since the 4th grade. Holy, they lost to #1 rated Thompson and Larimore put together a GREAT game against them. Yep, Cavalier definitely did miss a lot of opportunities in the game, but they are human. I look for the Tornadoes to make a solid run to end the season. Larimore will probably make some noise and it will be fun to watch. Good luck to the kids!!
Trump
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby steel » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Trump, best reply I have heard in a long time. Amen
steel
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby thewwwebb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Well said Trump.
thewwwebb
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Re: Larimore at Cavalier

Postby Plinko123 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:10 pm

I agree with trump. But with that being said, are you 100% sure that that’s the reason why? I agree that disliking a town based on success is messed up, especially at the high school level.
Plinko123
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Next

Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Browning and 7 guests