Which game has a better chance of a road team winning?

The teams in 9 Man

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Hankinson at Napoleon-Gackle/Streeter
39%
Thompson at Cavalier
33%
St. John at Shiloh Christian
28%

Total votes : 18

Postby heimer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Pick one.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Which game has a better chance of a road team winning?

Postby Oldblue » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Thompson sure didn’t look impressive in the first half against a 4-4 team.
Oldblue
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Oldblue wrote:Thompson sure didn’t look impressive in the first half against a 4-4 team.

True but they may be more prepared against a team they've already seen this year. Some things may have changed since week 1 but at least they've seen Cavalier.

Thompson was victorious over the Orange & Black Oakes Tornadoes...now onto the Orange & Black Cavalier Tornadoes...should be a great game!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Mossy84 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 am

I am going with St John at Shiloh ....I think this will be a shoot out-- Shiloh is a really good at managing the clock but St John has a similar style to new salem
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:32 am

I think Hankinson has a good chance against NGS just because they look pretty physical and are playoff experienced at QB. St. John-Shiloh will depend on which team shows up, both can score in bunches. A long road trip for St. John, have to get off to a decent start or it will be over early. Depends on health of McGillis. Alot of people are jumping on the Thompson bandwagon, very talented and lots of speed, but Cavalier is an extremely tough place to win. Cavalier has had more than their share of injuries, but there is something to be said about their resilience. When Urlaub was playing, Thompson had no answer defensively and I am pretty sure their isn't alot of tape on them with him playing. That being said, the game is probably a tossup. I think MP has a decent chance depending on health of Satrom. Nelson County is really big upfront and Sand is a playmaker. I wouldn't be surprised if Beach won. Good running teams usually travel well in the playoffs.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Oldblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Cavalier put all doubters to rest today! They rolled a very talented Thompson team 58-20! They are #1 in 9 man until another team says otherwise! It will be a tall order for Napoleon and any other team who faces them the rest of the way!
Oldblue
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:46 am

Rest Easy Oldblue (and I don't know who you are).......the thread brought 1300 views, 6 reply's counting yours...7 with mine.... and 18 votes.....obviously a tough call on all games .... :)

hats off to all teams today!!!...win or lose you laid it on the line!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man