Thompson at Cavalier

The teams in 9 Man

Thompson at Cavalier

Postby heimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 am

KNOX will air this matchup Friday night from Cavalier. 1310 AM and knoxradio.com
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Thompson at Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Also, 1080 KNDK Langdon and or
http://www.myborderland.com
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mossy84 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I am going to go with Cavalier winning by two TDS-

48-34

I think Austin Urlab can be one of the best players on the East side if he uses his leg and arm, had a few nice passes from the few games I caught last year but cant be a one trick pony. Cavalier could be deadily if they get the passing game going through out the year. They do lose #2- Andy Rintala from last years squad to a move but the pieces they have in place could scare some teams - lots of speed from the Tight End position and Slot.

Thompson - Brings back experience from State Championship team last year

The younger schwabe will have fill big bros shoes and lead the squad.
Cole Sorby will be the big piece coming back for the Tommies and could be Senior Athlete of the year depending on how the team does. Think it is a toss up between him and Urlab at the end of the year but we will have to wait and see ... excited for the season and for football to be back !
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:23 am

I think it will come down to whoever line plays the best. Thompson will run Sorby 35 times a game and have Schwabe run a few options and bootlegs while Cavalier will spread the Tommies out and let Urlaub do his thing. Playing at home will help Cavalier. Weather is supposed to be fine so it should be easier to pass than last years monsoon. Thompson can probably run the ball a little better, Cavalier definitely has advantage in the passing game. Lots of speed on both teams. Everybody seems to be expecting a shootout, but defense stops and Turnovers will decide the outcome. Non region game but playoffs and homefield are decided but somewhat of a power poll/strength of schedule so definitely a meaningful game. Most of Thompson players just got off very successful baseball seasons and definitely know how to win but might not quite be in the swing of things football wise. I am not big on making predictions, but I think it will be a fun game with a big crowd. Not alot of love-loss between these two rivals
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:14 am

I thought you were FOS when you said "power poll/strength of schedule," but sure enough teams with the higher QRF will be the home team if like seeds meet in the playoffs. This is a good start for all sports IMO.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Buck » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Cavalier 20
Thompson 18

Halftime
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Buck » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Cavalier 28
Thompson 24

Final
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Heard the cavalier QB got hurt in the game. Any updates on his condition? I certainly hope he is alright
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mossy84 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 am

Heard on Coaches Corner from Coach Laxdal it was a separated shoulder-- probably out for awhile not a real timeline but sounds like they got a decent back up in Jayden Laxdal. From what was said on the radio apparently he has ran some QB in the past and looking at the tornadoes schedule I think they will be OK would probably want Urlab back for the St.John game. All the best to Urlab for a safe and fast recovery.
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 am

I'll chime in on the Game........

first off, you could tell it was 2 great programs (didn't seem like first game of the year) and Like I've said before, some towns are known for certain Sports and Cavalier's sport is Football, I would say, when it comes to heritage and tradition of town.... with that said, all other sports programs being as competitive as can be to with what is brought to the table with players and coaches....a few years back more young men were out for football but with a progressing Cross Country track program and some not going out for Football, has brought on a bit of a task of filling the roster....but that is the life and times of a lot of middle of the pack Class B schools in reference to enrollment.. :)

Thompson ends up being a School (as we speak) that is going to become very competitive in all sports (and has been for a while) both genders, from 3erd grade to 12th grade....reason why? numbers and commitment period...

atmosphere?....Like I have never seen at a game.....because 11 man does not start till this week there were HS kids from all over the area and the place was buzzing....the weather was gorgeous....the one thing I will say is WHY? would it be on 2 AM stations that don't come in worth a Dam? :? a few players on the Thompson team have ties to up North and you could just feel the tenacity in the air!.........even saw Rod Oks there

The game went just as Thompson's coach analyzed it on Coaches Corner (KNDK, 1080) if anybody listened on Sat morning
Cavalier come out pounding and moving....things leveled out and Thompson started moving the sticks...
turn over here, turn over there, penalty here, penalty there....unfortunately injury to Urlaub and major Injury to soph C. Ratchenski (knee) early in the game.........both from Cav...with Jr. Flemming already out this hurts their depth
the one thing I will say is both teams fought like heavy weights and I will say one thing, I know both Towns are proud of their teams and should be.....It was hard to believe for me, that after the 2 point conversion to put Cav up by 4 (28-24) at that point, If not mistaken, there was approx 9:40 left in the game and nobody scored again....it just explains the whole picture although holding penalties made first downs harder to achieve during that stretch too....which may be different in a match later on in the season......the 2 point conversion by Cav :D become very important, because I'm sure there is somebody on the Thompson team that can kick a field goal with all their talent ....and at the end of the game, down on their end, if made, would have put them up 1 point :P ....

Great Game!!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rivershark » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Thompson ends up being a School (as we speak) that is going to become very competitive in all sports, both genders, from 3erd grade to 12th grade....reason why? numbers and commitment period...

As with any good busy, the #1 factor is location. Thompson and Kindred benefit immensely from the bigger cities nearby.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:15 am

Rivershark wrote:Thompson ends up being a School (as we speak) that is going to become very competitive in all sports, both genders, from 3erd grade to 12th grade....reason why? numbers and commitment period...

As with any good busy, the #1 factor is location. Thompson and Kindred benefit immensely from the bigger cities nearby.

:?:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:09 pm

One year later....

Match up takes place again, with both teams having to make adjustments and fill voids from last year
should be a Fun Game
is on WDAZ/Xtra
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:22 am

winner-within wrote:One year later....

Match up takes place again, with both teams having to make adjustments and fill voids from last year
should be a Fun Game
is on WDAZ/Xtra

Big Boys from Cavalier got rocked up front last night, completely dominated. If they get into football shape and outta Pizza eating shape they have skill players to play with anyone. Cav had the matchupson the outside to take advantage of just could get time and were down a couple skill players who will make a difference. I thought Thompson looked great up front and they looked like they have spent the summer in the weight room. Hats off to them.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:46 pm

packers21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:One year later....

should be a Fun Game
is on WDAZ/Xtra

Big Boys from Cavalier got rocked up front last night, completely dominated. If they get into football shape and outta Pizza eating shape they have skill players to play with anyone. Cav had the matchupson the outside to take advantage of just could get time and were down a couple skill players who will make a difference. I thought Thompson looked great up front and they looked like they have spent the summer in the weight room. Hats off to them.

you'd think it the Ate Zaw then Chased girls they'd wear off the Zaw?.... :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man