9man chatter/regions

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 9man chatter/regions

Postby winner-within » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:15 am

winner-within wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:My understanding of North star game with Cavalier was Northstar was leading at end of third quarter but Northstar quarterback was hurt in the fourth quarter and that changed the game significantly for Cavalier. Northstar quarter back injured his throwing arm was unable to pass ball anymore for team that is pass orientated. Cavalier may still have won the game but like I said early this year I thought NorthStar could be sleeper team.

did you go to the game?

just to hit on a couple of cited points

NS lead at halftime, and end of third (although a few
lead changes in 3erd)

so I would say if this is to be the case (hurt throwing arm) it changed the game significantly for NS not Cavalier
because like you stated NS had the lead.....with that said, NS was, and is, as far from a sleeper team then you can get, in not only the region but in 9-man football.....they have 5 seniors and are a solid team.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:10 pm

another big blow for the North Star football team as Johnny Heisler went out early in the game with a head injury. With Riley Lagasse already out for the season, our already thin bench will have to step up. The score was 0-0 when Heisler went out, it was a 20-0 lead for NRS at the half. In the second half, NS really impressed me. I thought it was over at the half, but the NS players stepped it up. Not quite enough, but they never quit. Final score was 20-16
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Thompson 78 - 8 over Midway-Minto. Is Thompson that good? Is MM struggling that bad for numbers & talent?

Or - is it a ridiculous example of running up the score?? To score this many points with the running clock now being implemented is an impressive feat...but you really gotta try if you hit 78 points.

does anyone know what the halftime score was in this "contest"?
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:42 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:Thompson 78 - 8 over Midway-Minto. Is Thompson that good? Is MM struggling that bad for numbers & talent?

Or - is it a ridiculous example of running up the score?? To score this many points with the running clock now being implemented is an impressive feat...but you really gotta try if you hit 78 points.

does anyone know what the halftime score was in this "contest"?

60-0 at the half...

This is no different then Richland's two blowouts last year of 70-6 over Sargent Central and 70-0 over Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page...and Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood's 86-6 defeat of New Town.

Think about this...Midway-Minto won a region contest already this year 44-0 over Drayton/Valley-Edinburg...Thompson still has to play them...and Cavalier has to play both teams.

You are going to have scores like this in ND with a 'gulf' in talent between certain teams AND the play on normal field sizes...lots of space to run into on the outside if you have good athletes. MN 9-man fields are smaller in width...and therefore, you don't see as many ridiculously lopsided scores (there are still some).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:54 am

Games to watch this week:

Hankinson vs FSHP ( hankinson by 24)
TGU vs Thompson ( Thompson by 40)
ST John vs Drake Anamoose ( SJ by 24)
Kidder Co vs Linton ( kidder Co by 12)
S. Border vs Central McLean ( CM by 20)
Mott Regent vs RTH ( MR by 30)
MLS vs Kenmare Bowbells ( MLS by 6)

Only 2 games seem like a close match up.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:32 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:You are going to have scores like this in ND with a 'gulf' in talent between certain teams AND the play on normal field sizes...lots of space to run into on the outside if you have good athletes. MN 9-man fields are smaller in width...and therefore, you don't see as many ridiculously lopsided scores (there are still some).

I'm sure it will never happen, but they should narrow the field IMO.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:You are going to have scores like this in ND with a 'gulf' in talent between certain teams AND the play on normal field sizes...lots of space to run into on the outside if you have good athletes. MN 9-man fields are smaller in width...and therefore, you don't see as many ridiculously lopsided scores (there are still some).

I can see why they don't...with teams so frequently fluctuating between A & 9-Man...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:35 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:

I can see why they don't...with teams so frequently fluctuating between A & 9-Man...

Narrowing the field wouldn't really be a problem with teams moving divisions. It just comes down to where you paint the lines. Going to an 80 yard field would not be feasible with the moving divisions
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mandan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:19 pm

How would narrowing the field work once you get to the domes for the state championship games?
(or any shared fields, not sure if there are any)

Mark two sidelines and pay attention to which one is yours?
I assume the host school would want the extra lines removed before the next college game is played, so maybe you can do something temporary for the 9-man game and then remove it before the A championship is played.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Mandan wrote:How would narrowing the field work once you get to the domes for the state championship games?
(or any shared fields, not sure if there are any)

Mark two sidelines and pay attention to which one is yours?
I assume the host school would want the extra lines removed before the next college game is played, so maybe you can do something temporary for the 9-man game and then remove it before the A championship is played.

What I have normally seeing is, the use of yellow lines on the field. They do it often in Minnesota, and when they play in Fargo or Grand Forks in the indoor facilities.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Flip wrote:

If you look at it mathematically, it makes total sense. 9/11 = 82%. 130' wide/160' wide = 81/%. 9 defenders on the narrow field will be covering basically the same square feet per player as 11-man on current field. I think it would help, but discrepancy in numbers will always be the bigger factor IMHO.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bigbrew22 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:14 pm

Anyone at any games tonight give us the low down on what game you watched.

Scratch that I just seen South border over CM 22-20! Im shocked at this one.
Last edited by Bigbrew22 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 pm

classB4ever wrote:If you look at it mathematically, it makes total sense. 9/11 = 82%. 130' wide/160' wide = 81/%. 9 defenders on the narrow field will be covering basically the same square feet per player as 11-man on current field. I think it would help, but discrepancy in numbers will always be the bigger factor IMHO.

You could make the field as narrow as you want for 9 man, but if you were to copy MN I'm pretty sure their field is 120 feet wide.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Was at the Hankinson vs. FSHP game. FSHP scored the first 14 then Hankinson woke up, buckled down defensively and physically took over. They went on to score 32 unanswered and the final was 32-14. The Pirates will be a tough out once the tournament begins. FSHP was a very decent opponent and they gave Hankinson an early test, but Hankinson made big plays on both sides of the ball when it counted.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bacon » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:19 am

Bigbrew22 wrote:Anyone at any games tonight give us the low down on what game you watched.

Well, that's why you play the game. I think SB has a pretty decent defense. That and maybe CM was a little overrated.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:16 pm

Bacon wrote:
Bigbrew22 wrote:Anyone at any games tonight give us the low down on what game you watched.

Well, that's why you play the game. I think SB has a pretty decent defense. That and maybe CM was a little overrated.

That's right! They were overrated. I starting to think the whole region is overrated SB barely edged out a winless Sargent central team and Linton barely edged out SB, now SB barely gets by CM. CM played with Napoleon til the 4th qtr. Looks like region 3s teams aren't much better than region 1s worst.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bacon » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Bigbrew22 wrote:
Bacon wrote:

That's right! They were overrated. I starting to think the whole region is overrated SB barely edged out a winless Sargent central team and Linton barely edged out SB, now SB barely gets by CM. CM played with Napoleon til the 4th qtr. Looks like region 3s teams aren't much better than region 1s worst.
. I wouldn't go that far. I think region 3 is just pretty even as far as talent this year. Not gonna know how they match up with other regions till the playoffs. I'm guessing they will do just fine against the other regions in the playoffs no matter who gets there.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man